• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Island Level Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you wanted that tackled in another thread. Since the source of this debate was who scales to what here.
I'm pretty sure Elder Centipede scaling is straight forward, but handling that in a different thread might be best.

Are the changes to Bang's profile good to go?

There is no proof that Garou got stronger in between fighting Bang and doing the 6-C feat. A common point used to back up this argument is that Garou was able to grow in 0.013 seconds during his fight with Platinum Sperm (Chapter 156, pages 14-15). This does not make any sense, as whenever Garou grows it is usually directly stated or made clear. This never happened in Chapter 154 after fighting Bang.

While talking to Garou, Gyoro Gyoro even states that the reason Garou is able to grow so much is due to him surviving near death experiences and other types of stress (Chapter 92, pages 3-9). This is proven over and over, as shown in his fight with Bang and Bomb (Chapter 83, page 56. Chapter 84, page 1-39), his fights with Royal Ripper (Chapter 88, page 58. Chapter 90, pages 33-39), and much more. These conditions were not met in his fight with Bang, so it makes no sense to say that he grew. It's completely baseless.

Another common point used to back up this argument is that Bomb was shocked upon seeing Garou's actions once he woke up (Chapter 154, page 20). Not only is this not enough proof that Garou grew, but Bomb wasn't even reacting to Garou's strength. He was reacting to Fuhrer Ugly's sudden death despite him being in the middle of an attack (Chapter 154, pages 17-19).
Excuse me but don't these scans you linked to show that Garou at this point doesn't need to go through near-death experiences and stress to get stronger?

Because if we use the logic that we are told when Garou is evolving or getting stronger then that means Platinum Sperm and possibly Flashy downscale from 6-A Garou who hurt Sage Centipede moments after fighting Platinum Sperm because we weren't told he grew stronger between the two fights right?

Excuse me but don't these scans you linked to show that Garou at this point doesn't need to go through near-death experiences and stress
In Garou's case, it's also when he's pitted against a wall, sort of like in his fight with Darkshine when he grew from being unable to damage him to overwhelming him.

In this case, after clashing equally thousands of times, He grew to the point to where he coiuld one-shot Platinum Sperm.

Platinum Sperm and possibly Flashy downscale from 6-A Garou who hurt Sage Centipede moments after fighting Platinum Sperm because we weren't told he grew stronger between the two fights right?
We literally see Garou one-shot Platinum Sperm? What do you mean by he didn't grow?

In this case, after clashing equally thousands of times, He grew to the point to where he coiuld one-shot Platinum Sperm.
Are we sure that's the reason? Because Garou was perfectly capable of dogging both Flashy and Sperm before him and Sperm sped up. Even a casual punch caused Platinum Sperm to bleed and recoil and get royally pissed off at Garou who didn't evolve yet. Flashy was even capable of making Platinum exert effort the same Platinum who survived this attack from Garou that would be evolved to 6-A by the logic being used here.

We literally see Garou one-shot Platinum Sperm? What do you mean by he didn't grow?
He does but not because he's going through pain, stress, or having a near-death experience.

Are we sure that's the reason? Because Garou was perfectly capable of dogging both Flashy and Sperm before him and Sperm sped up
Yes. I'm sure.
Even a casual punch caused Platinum Sperm to bleed and recoil and get royally pissed off at Garou who didn't evolve yet.
Platinum Sperm wasn't even looking at Garou and thought they were allied.
Flashy was even capable of making Platinum exert effort
Platinum Sperm was not trying. We see on many occasions that Platinum Sperm was superior to Flashy Flash.

Platinum Sperm wasn't even looking at Garou and thought they were allied.
Doesn't matter. Garou's casual punch before he evolved after a thousand clashes was enough to cause Platinum to bleed and this Garou was able to literally destroy both Flashy and Platinum at the same time. Even Garou's ultimate hellfire motion wave blow on Platinum cracked and bruised one side of his face.
Platinum Sperm was not trying. We see on many occasions that Platinum Sperm was superior to Flashy Flash.
Indeed but Flashy only went down after a complete barrage of attacks from him and this isn't exactly not exerting effort.

ENW should scale as well since it reacted and shot at Garou
ENW fired a shot at Garou, but got blocked and blitzed right after.

ENW scaling to Sub-Rel+ also doesn't make a ton of sense as that would scale to CE and AS's pupils.

Doesn't matter. Garou's casual punch before he evolved after a thousand clashes was enough to cause Platinum to bleed
Yeah, because they're comparable. When one character hits another character when they're off guard, them recoiling and bleeding is to be expected. I'm not too sure what you're trying to say here.
this isn't exactly not exerting effort
Platinum Sperm blocking an attack?

It's an unnamed punch that wasn't drawn to show a good amount of effort from Garou.
And how is it casual? How can you deduce that's the intent? Hell we even have a panel of the punch before it's thrown so you argument about it "not being drawn" is incorrect. A casual punch would be Garou punching Platinum Sperm while yawning, this isn't it.

Garou and Platinum then go on to clash hundreds if not thousands of times, the whole point of the fight is that Garou and Platinum are somewhat comparable until Garou finally evolves and one shots and blitzes him.
ENW fired a shot at Garou, but got blocked and blitzed right after.

ENW scaling to Sub-Rel+ also doesn't make a ton of sense as that would scale to CE and AS's pupils.
Currently his profile has its speed as "higher with absorption" as it's clear the being gets stronger and faster the more liquids it absorbs, when it reformed after being punched away by Darkshine it looks like it has gotten bigger but I do understand if the scaling is rejected.

Yeah, because they're comparable. When one character hits another character when they're off guard, them recoiling and bleeding is to be expected. I'm not too sure what you're trying to say here.
So they are comparable with Garou having a high edge for being able to "knock out" Platinum and Flashy by himself. One of your points is that Garou didn't get stronger after Bang is because "due to him surviving near death experiences and other types of stress " and not because he gets stronger on his own in the form. I'm saying that there logically isn't any reason for Garou to have to evolve against Platinum Sperm if that were the case because he is shown before they sped to be straight-up superior to him meaning that Garou can get stronger without the need of near-death experiences or stresses.
Platinum Sperm blocking an attack?
Yes. WIth his teeth gritted and a vein protruding out of his Buu dome.

And how is it casual? How can you deduce that's the intent? Hell we even have a panel of the punch before it's thrown so you argument about it "not being drawn" is incorrect. A casual punch would be Garou punching Platinum Sperm while yawning, this isn't it.
Because Garou was blatantly shown to be superior to Platinum and Flashy for the entire duration of the fight. The panel before was to add fake suspense and make you think Garou was going to team up with Sperm and it pays off on the next page by showing that it's Platinum being the one who Garou hit, not make the punch seem impressive. A casual punch doesn't necessarily mean someone has to be drawn lazily punching.
Garou and Platinum then go on to clash hundreds if not thousands of times, the whole point of the fight is that Garou and Platinum are somewhat comparable until Garou finally evolves and one shots and blitzes him.
If the intent of the fight was to show that Platinum and Garou are comparable there would've been a single panel where Platinum actually did damage to Garou.

Because Garou was blatantly shown to be superior to Platinum and Flashy for the entire duration of the fight. The panel before was to add fake suspense and make you think Garou was going to team up with Sperm and it pays off on the next page by showing that it's Platinum being the one who Garou hit, not make the punch seem impressive. A casual punch doesn't necessarily mean someone has to be drawn lazily punching.

If the intent of the fight was to show that Platinum and Garou are comparable there would've been a single panel where Platinum actually did damage to Garou.
So Garou can "casually" badly harm Platinum but takes him thousands of clashes to definitely kill him 😶 Don't you see how your own logic falls apart?

Besides, the appeal of the speedster fight is that not much is actually shown but the timer and the light auras clashing against each other, the glimpse we see of Garou and Platinum Sperm implies that both are making a great effort fighting each other

So Garou can casually badly harm Platinum but takes him thousands of clashes to definitely kill him 😶 Don't you see how your own logic falls apart?
No. The logic is Garou was always superior to both Flashy and Platinum Sperm but still evolved in spite of that because he was never shown to be overwhelmed, hit, or damaged by either and "knocked out" them both by himself at one point during the fight. He doesn't need stress or a near-death experience in this form.

Tbh I don't know why I gave my input, I barely care about the verse anymore besides lingering. Just ignore my posts.

We could always just take the Bomb Vs Garou feat as an outlier as I've suggested several times before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back