• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Island Level Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a bit more complicated but iirc Murata or ONE said that Bomb is equal or stronger than Bang so idk

That being said Bomb did put up a decent fight against Sleeping Garou even though his energy was drained by Fubuki
Fubuki said that Bomb and Bang are equally strong. I’d rather take the word of someone who actually saw their strength, plus them being portrayed as equals in the manga over a Murata statement.

I think it's fair to downscale or scale Bomb to High 7-A+/6-C
same, which means....
garou after taking a beatdown from and then being able to repel the 2 brothers after getting pissed, should probably downscale further to like at most high 7-A, to prevent it from becoming contradictory or anything

We already discussed why that can't be a thing as Garou would be scaling to a far superior version of himself.

Garou surviving the beatdown is either an outlier or an endurance feat.

I think it's fair to downscale or scale Bomb to High 7-A+/6-C
Bomb wouldn't downscale. Bang would only be 6-C with Abandonment. Something Bomb can't do.
garou after taking a beatdown from and then being able to repel the 2 brothers after getting pissed, should probably downscale further to like at most high 7-A, to prevent it from becoming contradictory or anything
We're not scaling Garou to himself. It makes no sense.

I’m like 99.9% sure it’s stated that Bang never went all-out against Garou prior to their fight in the Monster Association Arc.

Bang: High 7-A+, at least 6-C with Awakening Breath, higher with Exploding Heart Release Fist
Bomb: High 7-A+
Elder Centipede: At least High 7-A | 6-C
Genos: High 7-C+, higher with Self-Destruction, High 7-A+ with Jet Drive Arrow, higher with Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon
Rover: At least High 7-A+ (durability only)
Gyoro Gyoro: At least High 7-A+, higher with Multi-Eye Form
Darkshine: High 7-A+ AP with possibly 6-C durability
Spiral Garou: High 7-A+

Last edited:
at Bang never went all-out against Garou prior to their fight in the Monster Association Arc.
Bang wanted to convince Garou to give up. He never wanted to kill him, Bomb says as much and it's implied even before its stated multiple times.
It would be downscaling twice from himself, so no, not the same thing at all
Garou does not scale to High 7-A+. I went over why the rating does not work.
Elder Centipede: At least High 7-A | 6-C
The only EC that would scale to the Bang statement would be Post-Molt, not Pre-Molt.

That scaling chain is also exactly what I was warning against. Because it quickly becomes recursive.

Why would rover dura not scale to high 7A+?
It's only his durability that scales to High 7-A+. Honestly it might scale to 6-C considering how much he tanked the attack that was stronger than Elder Centipede.

Rover Durability >> CFDSF > RASRF > Elder Centipede > Base Bang = High 7-A+

This is only if we do end up downscaling base Bang and Bomb to High 7-A+
Which we shouldn't because it rapidly makes no sense and you have vastly inferior versions of Garou scaling to a form that would one shot them.

Which we shouldn't because it rapidly makes no sense and you have vastly inferior versions of Garou scaling to a form that would one shot them.
But Garou wouldn't be scaling to himself here, Human Garou doesn't scale to Bang and Bomb beatdown since the two of them were holding back and clearly didn't want to kill him.

Only Spiral Garou would scale to High 7-A+ and I don't understand why Sleeping Surface Garou would oneshot Spiral Garou.

But Garou wouldn't be scaling to himself here
Darkshine: High 7-A+ AP with possibly 6-C durability
Spiral Garou: High 7-A+
This is implying Spiral Garou is only 2 to 5.4x weaker than his vastly more powerful form.
I don't understand why Sleeping Surface Garou would oneshot Spiral Garou.
Surface Garou got an even bigger amp and unlocked further Martial Arts techniques that Spiral Garou didn't have.

Scaling a weaker version of a character to his superior form just doesn't work. This is especially important because it wouldn't just be Spiral Garou. It would also scale to his durability for Blood Hair Garou and that will only lead too far worse problems.

You can just not back scale them from the Garou that performed the 6-C feat at all... Now a ton of characters would be 6-C and have their speed upgraded.

We're still not doing it, because "At most" implies that its true or plausible in some capacity. Which it isn't.
no? that's not what at most means. At most "Should be used to denote the higher cap of a character, if the exact value is indeterminate."
it's pretty simple

Awakened Garou(at most 6-C)=Awakening Breath Bang>Base Bang (at least High 7-A)=Darkshine>Half-Monster Garou(high 7-A+)>Human Garou (at most High 7-A+)
I think the most direct chain goes something like this?
Awakened garou would be upscaling from human garou 3 times this way, it's not inconsistent at all
I think we should take this time to just get an accurate scaling chain, which is more important than anything else here

"Vastly more powerful" based on?
That every transformation is notably superior to the last and that even while asleep he demolished two people that previously demolished him.
It literally wouldn't.
It literally would. I'm completely against it and all you and Ziller have done is further prove how bad of an idea this would be.
Human Garou (at most High 7-A+)
But that also scales to TTM, Rover, Blizzard, Genos and from there it'll scale to even more people like Metal Bat or Watchdog Man.
I think we should take this time to just get an accurate scaling chain
I think we should just follow what I said and just not scale Bomb to Bang using a super move that allows him to go all out and we don't scale an inferior version of a character to his much better version.

no? that's not what at most means. At most "Should be used to denote the higher cap of a character, if the exact value is indeterminate."
it's pretty simple

Awakened Garou(at most 6-C)=Awakening Breath Bang>Base Bang (at least High 7-A)=Darkshine>Half-Monster Garou(high 7-A+)>Human Garou (at most High 7-A+)
I think the most direct chain goes something like this?
Awakened garou would be upscaling from human garou 3 times this way, it's not inconsistent at all
I think we should take this time to just get an accurate scaling chain, which is more important than anything else here
Ziller stop trying to scale Human Garou to his Post Darkshine key pls you are making this more complicated than it needs to be

But that also scales to TTM, Rover, Blizzard, Genos and from there it'll scale to even more people like Metal Bat or Watchdog Man.
tank top master being at most high 7-A makes no inconsistencies
elder centipede post molt scales directly to 6-C, meaning genos' physicals and tank top master would be incapable of harming him
what exactly is the problem with it scaling to the rest?

I think we should just follow what I said and just not scale Bomb to Bang using a super move that allows him to go all out and we don't scale an inferior version of a character to his much better version.
The idea would be that Bomb is relative to Base Bang who should be High 7-A or High 7-A+ as Awakening Breath isn't a transformation but a breathing technique that makes the user stronger but not to an absurd degree

tank top master being at most high 7-A makes no inconsistencies
TTM scales to base human Garou. It creates a giant level of inconsistencies.
what exactly is the problem with it scaling to the rest?
I already explained the problem before.
  • Awakened Garou ~ AB Bang
  • AB Bang >= EC
  • EC > Genos who still down scales
  • Genos = TTM
  • TTM < Garou
  • Garou < Pumped Up Metal Bat / WDM
  • Amped Garou < Bug God
  • Bug God < Darkshine who easily one shot him
  • Garou < Darkshine < Pre-Awakened Garou
  • Darkshine < Golden Sperm < Platinum Sperm
Awakening Breath isn't a transformation but a breathing technique that makes the user stronger but not to an absurd degree
Bang can only use it one more time and when actively going against an opponent who wanted to kill him he thought he was going to die.

That's not something that implies his base form is comparable.
Explain to me how that form of Garou would scale?
Because TTM = Base Garou.

Base Garou before any amps, any transformations, and any additional martial arts would only be 2 to 5.4x weaker than his Awakened Form who's also using Abandonment to fight. It makes zero sense. Especially when you factor in that people in Garou's scaling chain one shot others in that scaling chain.

and there's no evidence it affects durability (which is logically SHOULDN'T, because it's literally just a breathing technique, not a transformation) so it would just scale somewhat higher to the same thing as base, while base durability would also scale to awakening breath durability
and stop phrasing it like we're scaling characters directly to better versions, that is very explicitly not what is happening if you're paying attention
the entire point of this is that it's a downscaling chain. We're using the same feat to derive scaling from, but the characters who get their scaling from said chain are noticeably varying in power

and there's no evidence it affects durability
What do you mean? The form allows them to fight at 100% power, it would have to effect durability as well as attack power.
d stop phrasing it like we're scaling characters directly to better versions
You're creating a scaling chain that would imply that. You also basically are.
the entire point of this is that it's a downscaling chain.
It's a poor downscaling chain that doesn't make any sense.
Why are you bringing up Base Garou I'm so confused
Because Ziller has brought up TTM scaling multiple times.
nd then immediately act like I don't have an argument
You're argument didn't address any of the issues or points I brought up.

You know, obviously this isn't going anywhere. We're just going to do a vote.
  • Scaling Awakened Bang to Garou: I'm fine with
  • Scaling Post-Molt EC and Garou's flame stuff: I dislike but ultimately I can see the logic there
  • Scaling anyone else: No, I'm completely against

@Qawsedf234 I'm scrapping High 7-A+ in this thread. It isn't in the OP and I didn't want to tackle it in the first place.

@ZillertheBucko Please stop bringing up High 7-A+. Make your own one for it after this CRT is finished. It's cluttering up this thread and derailing from the main point.

If its just Abandonment Bang Scaling, sure, I think that's fine. Especially when Garou was also using it and was using martial arts that were actively lethal.

If its just Abandonment Bang Scaling, sure, I think that's fine. Especially when Garou was also using it and was using martial arts that were actively lethal.
Alright. The only people who scale IIRC are Post-Molt Elder Centipede and Genos downscales with Jet Drive Arrow and USIC right?

What do you mean? The form allows them to fight at 100% power, it would have to effect durability as well as attack power.

You're creating a scaling chain that would imply that. You also basically are.

It's a poor downscaling chain that doesn't make any sense.

Because Ziller has brought up TTM scaling multiple times.

You're argument didn't address any of the issues or points I brought up.

You know, obviously this isn't going anywhere. We're just going to do a vote.
  • Scaling Awakened Bang to Garou: I'm fine with
  • Scaling Post-Molt EC and Garou's flame stuff: I dislike but ultimately I can see the logic there
  • Scaling anyone else: No, I'm completely against
I heavily disagree with everything you said here, but we can continue this in another thread
all that matters now is that AB bang, elder centipede, and jet drive arrow and genos' durability get their scaling from it

scale IIRC are Post-Molt Elder Centipede and Genos downscales with Jet Drive Arrow and USIC right?
I thought you wanted that tackled in another thread. Since the source of this debate was who scales to what here.

Oh yeah, I'd also like to bring up speed scaling. Awakening Breath Bang will now scale to Sub-Relativistic (0.04c)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back