• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Island Level Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it never convinced me that TTM used to scale to the Jet Drive Arrow when Garou never saw that move from Genos

Also another note, bang would scale in perception too I guess, since he was capable of watching bang and Garou trading blows while they both had awakening breath

Genoa’s durability scales to jet drive arrow so it doesn’t really matter, ttm still scales in the end
Okay, so this is one of the times that we have to stop and ask ourselves "What will happen if this scaling is accepted?"

This is saying that:
  • TTM = Genos who is High 7-A+ for downscaling to someone who scales to Monster Garou
  • TTM < Human Garou who would therefore... scale to his form with at least half a dozen in-universe massive upgrades
  • Everyone who remotely damages human Garou = High 7-A+
You would get the following case
  • Awakened Garou -> Awakened Bang -> EC -> Genos -> TTM -> Human Garou -> Blood Hair Garou -> Bug God -> Darkshine -> Golden Sperm -> Platinum Sperm -> Awakend Garou
You see where the problem is?

At this point I feel we have basically two choices
  • We don't scale Genos to High 7-A+ because it shatters scaling and makes no sense
  • We don't scale TTM to Genos because it shatters scaling and makes no sense
  • We don't scale EC to Bang because it shatter scaling and makes no sense
Whatever we do, we are not getting into recursive scaling and just does not work. The buck stops somewhere.

And obviously Tanktop Master scales to Post-Superfight Genos' normal tiering

So if we rate Jet Drive Arrow as High 7-A+, Tanktop Master ends up scaling
No... because Garou was just comparing them in terms of strength, long before the Jet Drive Arrow debuted and the Jet Drive Arrow is obviously superior to Genos' non-boosted physicals, and even then it took considerable effort to just break one tooth.

So no, Tank-Top Master is absolutely not scaling to that.

• We don't scale Genos to High 7-A+ because it shatters scaling and makes no sense
All three of these options are perfectly fine with me at once.

No... because Garou was just comparing them in terms of strength, long before the Jet Drive Arrow debuted and the Jet Drive Arrow is obviously superior to Genos' non-boosted physicals, and even then it took considerable effort to just break one tooth.

So no, Tank-Top Master is absolutely not scaling to that.
I'm just using what the current scaling is like, which is that Jet Drive Arrow is part of Genos' normal physicals that TTM scales to. There is no "higher with Jet Drive Arrow" or sth like that.
At least Large Town level+ (Stronger than before. Stabbed Elder Centipede's eyes and broke one of its teeth with his Jet Drive Arrow[4]), higher with Self-Destruction, Small City level with Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon (Could harm Post-Molt Elder Centipede)
At least Large Town level+ (Drew blood from Garou, who stated that his strength rivaled that of Post-Superfight Genos[1])

• TTM < Human Garou who would therefore... scale to his form with at least half a dozen in-universe massive upgrades
they are pretty similar physically, garou wouldn't just upscale to 6-C lol
  • Awakened Garou -> Awakened Bang -> EC -> Genos -> TTM -> Human Garou -> Blood Hair Garou -> Bug God -> Darkshine -> Golden Sperm -> Platinum Sperm -> Awakend Garou
awakening breath bang is not even necessarily upscaling from post molt centipede in any capacity, since it literally could have cost him his life as he implied
Genos' phyiscals would be downscaling from jet drive arrow, not directly to them, given the presumably intense strain and effort he put into the feat.
also I'm not sure what these arrows mean, are you implying awakened bang> awakened garou or? If you actually took the time to map out the specific downscaling and upscaling points then this problem would not exist to begin with
do not bring fallacious scaling chains here

Which is fine, but as I mentioned that just doesn't work with this upgrade. It will need to change.
I agree with this.
At this point I feel we have basically two choices
That's actually three choices

Either way, I'm fine with any of them

they are pretty similar physically, garou wouldn't just upscale to 6-C lol
But, this important factor here is that is Garou at his worst and weakest. He would downscale to a form after over half a dozen upgrades and scaling chains.
awakening breath bang is not even necessarily upscaling from post molt centipede in any capacity
You missed the point of the comparison.

If we're scaling EC to Awakened Breath Bang, that means Genos would scale, which means TTM would scale and it goes down from there. That was the point of this. If we don't iron this out, we will get massive recursive scaling chains that make zero sense.
also I'm not sure what these arrows mean, are you implying awakened bang> awakened garou or? If you actually took the time to map out the specific downscaling and upscaling points then this problem would not exist to begin with
do not bring fallacious scaling chains here
You make me made Ziller.

The arrows are showing a path to scaling. They're not greater than or less than signs.

But to map it out for you, sure
  • Awakened Garou ~ AB Bang
  • AB Bang >= EC
  • EC > Genos who still down scales
  • Genos = TTM
  • TTM < Garou
  • Garou < Pumped Up Metal Bat / WDM
  • Amped Garou < Bug God
  • Bug God < Darkshine who easily one shot him
  • Garou < Darkshine < Pre-Awakened Garou
  • Darkshine < Golden Sperm < Platinum Sperm
What we're saying under this scaling chain, is that the gap between base Garou is under 10x of his Awakened Form
That's actually three choices
I thought of another choice and forget to edit it.

RIP

actually, there's something missing
who harmed post superfight genos? I mean if genos can hurt someone that can hurt him then it would be nice to know but the profile doesn't mention anything regarding that, so it seems like only his durability downscales from elder centipede and scales directly to jet drive arrow

actually, there's something missing
who harmed post superfight genos? I mean if genos can hurt someone that can hurt him then it would be nice to know but the profile doesn't mention anything regarding that, so it seems like only his durability downscales from elder centipede and scales directly to jet drive arrow
Garou

No don’t just jump to nuking a pretty clear statement
Obviously Genos’s durability scales above his physical AP, and he’s only high 7-A AP with jet drive arrow

I guess it's best to deem Genos breaking Post Molt EC teeth with the JDA either not a physical feat or an outlier since it causes so many issues with the scaling.

That or Garou didn't actually harm Genos :unsure:

the only time genos hurts someone that hurt him was against elder centipede, with dual blade rush
it was only the eyes, however, so it definitely doesn't scale to elder centipede's actual durability
genos can indeed have 6-C durability, and it won't interfere with the current scaling. See what happens when we think about things deeper instead of just throwing out statements?

anyways we can also add that genos' normal beams should downscale from jet drive arrow as well, since the jet drive arrow just uses those for propulsion and is otherwise just a pointy kick
yes the beams didn't damage ec before that but the jet drive arrow only damaged it with a continuous long attack anyways so it's still consistent, and garou would have died from genos's beams as well so he also is consistent there

Forgive me for the interruption, but this seems to be getting highly off topic.

It's not off-topic. Since the proposal is also asking for EC to be upgraded, which can effect a vastly larger amount of profiles.
It really shouldn’t though, nobody scales to Post-Molt EC except for Genos’s Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon.

Now, if we were to downscale Bomb from Garou, then we’d have a bunch of scaling to go over.

It really shouldn’t though, nobody scales to Post-Molt EC except for Genos’s Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon.

Now, if we were to downscale Bomb from Garou, then we’d have a bunch of scaling to go over.
That is a bit more complicated but iirc Murata or ONE said that Bomb is equal or stronger than Bang so idk

That being said Bomb did put up a decent fight against Sleeping Garou even though his energy was drained by Fubuki

Here is the statement, it's from Murata though.

Didn't Fubuki say that they were equally strong?
Yeah, but idk if she is a reliable source
4.png

I think it's also fair to say they are portrayed as comparable to one another (and Bomb stomped Bang in the past as well)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back