• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Island Level Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
In chapter 155 of One-Punch Man, Garou performs a feat which has been calced and accepted at 6-C. Currently, the only characters that scale to this feat are Flashy Flash and Platinum Sperm. Awakening Breath Bang should also scale to this, as he was seen taking hits from and damaging the same Garou that preformed the feat (Chapter 148, pages 11-15).

Some Common Arguments Against This:

This argument doesn't really make any sense, as the only other instance we see of Garou fighting in his sleep (Chapter 126, pages 20-25), the only notable change in his fighting was his muscle coordination (Chapter 126, page 33).

Now you may say to yourself, "Muscle coordination could include power," but this isn't the case, as when comparing Garou's performance against Darkshine from when he was sleeping to when he was awake, this is proven wrong. Prior to waking up, Garou was unable to deal any damage to Darkshine (Chapter 126, pages 20-21). After waking up, Garou was still unable damage Darkshine (Chapter 126, pages 31-32). Darkshine's face in the bottom panel of page 32 is not proof of damage, as he is moreso just shocked that he just got skillstomped.

Therefore, Garou's "muscle coordination" is referring to his ability to use Martial Arts, more specifically the Water Stream Rock Smashing Fist, as seen on pages 28 and 29 after stating that he wasn't a "pretty sight" in his sleep.

There is no proof that Garou got stronger in between fighting Bang and doing the 6-C feat. A common point used to back up this argument is that Garou was able to grow in 0.013 seconds during his fight with Platinum Sperm (Chapter 156, pages 14-15). This does not make any sense, as whenever Garou grows it is usually directly stated or made clear. This never happened in Chapter 154 after fighting Bang.

While talking to Garou, Gyoro Gyoro even states that the reason Garou is able to grow so much is due to him surviving near death experiences and other types of stress (Chapter 92, pages 3-9). This is proven over and over, as shown in his fight with Bang and Bomb (Chapter 83, page 56. Chapter 84, page 1-39), his fights with Royal Ripper (Chapter 88, page 58. Chapter 90, pages 33-39), and much more. These conditions were not met in his fight with Bang, so it makes no sense to say that he grew. It's completely baseless.

Another common point used to back up this argument is that Bomb was shocked upon seeing Garou's actions once he woke up (Chapter 154, page 20). Not only is this not enough proof that Garou grew, but Bomb wasn't even reacting to Garou's strength. He was reacting to Fuhrer Ugly's sudden death despite him being in the middle of an attack (Chapter 154, pages 17-19).

Last edited:
This is perfectly fine with me. Post-Molt Elder Centipede and Post-Superfight Genos’ Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon would also scale to this btw.

Also thank you for putting reference so I don’t have to tell you to.

Also also, downscale Bomb to High 7-A+ for fighting Garou immediately before Bang.

You forgot to mention that Garou was using Awakening Breath and Explosion Release Fist two stat amp techniques that respectively bring the maximum output of the persons body and also allow to momentarily surpass one's limits so Garou was using the full extent of his power and some more while fighting Bang until the very end.

It makes no sense to me that Garou just suddenly became 6-C and could easily oneshot FP Bang when just miliseconds before he won a hard fought fight against him with a dura neg technique.

Garou immediatly after defeating Bang (and being harmed by him) went to damage an off guard Platinum Sperm

This is perfectly fine with me. Post-Molt Elder Centipede and Post-Superfight Genos’ Ultra Spiral Incineration Cannon would also scale to this btw.
Yeah I had the scaling in my sandbox before posting this but decided not to include it as it should be discussed in the thread instead
Also also, downscale Bomb to High 7-A+ for fighting Garou immediately before Bang.
Not a bad idea ngl, though this would also upgrade Base Bang and a ton of other characters.

EC never fought that version of Bang.
Bang knows his own limits and stated it would be the last time using his full power, heavily implying that he will die fighting EC
113.png

Anyway I know this isn't exactly the CRT for this but Bang should get a "higher with Explosion Release Fist" as Bomb implied he could have defeated Garou if he used the technique.

Agreed with the OP, so long as it's specified that Bang's durability downscales (if I remember correctly, in that fight if he got tagged once he himself admitted it would've been over for him).

if I remember correctly, in that fight if he got tagged once he himself admitted it would've been over for him
That was with dura neg attacks that he would get oneshotted with. When he got hit with normal attacks he was relatively fine (the scan is in the OP)

We should also consider that awakening breath doesn’t change durability (it’s not a transformation, it’s just a breathing technique) so theoretically base forms should downscale….
But that’s another topic. As for awakening breath bang being 6-C, I obviously agree as we discussed on discord.

Harming someone by bypassing their armor and attacking internal organs isn't a scaling feat. Especially when EC molted and got stronger after this.

Genos has absolutely no reason to scale to this.
Then make a CRT to remove it? It's the scaling that's used in the profiles right now.

this also means tank top master scales to high 7-A+ as well, and human garou by extension, and well
everyone relevant is gonna become high 7-A or 6-C lets gooo

oh that's annoying
but how about bomb high 7-A scaling then? Elder centipede scales around there, so in the end the result would be basically the same anyways

this also means tank top master scales to high 7-A+
No. Genos only did notable damage with his flame cannons, which Garou stated would be bad news/killed him if they landed.
but how about bomb high 7-A scaling then?
Bang only scales with Awakening. Bomb wouldn't scale to that, especially since Bomb couldn't do anything about EC while Bang could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back