• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Iaian cutting bullets is wanked, and not viable for scaling.

The quote in the webcomic occurs when he finds the Three Disciples on the floor after fighting ENW. When the same scene happened in the manga he didn't mention anything. If he doesn't bring it up again the statement was retconned out/changed.

ENW only attacks based on negetive emotions like hostility and hatred, all he was throwing at that point was essentially warning shots since the most CE at that point was stuff like fear and stress. It really doesn't help your case when ENW shot a hole through his leg before he could even percieve it whilst he was almost completely frozen and therefore much slower than normal.

Melz literally states himself he wasn't going on the offensive for the majority of the fight, there's not reason to assume he was going full speed at that point. Again, still doesn't help your case when he still managed to casually blitz his arm off him before he could fully react.

Same difference. That statement was the sole reason he scaled at all, its absence means there's absolutely nothing that suggests he would.

That's....literally only a feat for his Brave Giant. No different that Stark inside his suit reacting to things well beyond things that humans can't begin to percieve. Still doesn't help that Phoenix man was completely blitzing the Brave Giant for the majority of their fight.

Again, there's no proof that those were warning shots, especially since ENW isn't a concious being. Prove that those shots are immensely slower than the ones fired at sweet mask. Also, even when ENW tagged CE, he perceived and reacted to the shot.

Melz didn't aim for Iaian's arm, he aimed for Iaian's body which he dodged. Also, that statement doesn't mean he wasn't trying and was given to the S-Class heroes who were clearly a threat to him, and didn't mean what you are implying; he was saying that before he was fighting defensively, not that he was being 'extremely casual'.

Webcomic is still canon, even if it is secondary. CE not mentioning the stuff about the disciples only means that the comparison doesn't exist in the manga. If CE said that the disciples could beat him easily, or if someone like Murata came out and said that he removed the line because it was inaccurate, that would be a retcon.

Brave Giant is solely piloted by Child Emperor. Stark's suits have their own AI. And Phoenix Man only blitzed the Brave Giant after his second resurrection. Hell, he wouldn't have gone into his second resurrection if he could completely blitz the Brave Giant in his first resurrection state.

I mean, the whole thing about ENW is that it acts in relation to the emotions of nearby beings. It's possible that, if said beings are bloodlusted, he'd shoot bloodlustly and if they're very casual he'd shot very casually. Just sayin'.

Child Emperor wasn't casual, he came into a room with the three disciples beaten on the floor. He was very on-guard and tense.

I've already given an explanation, you completely ignored it. The burden falls on you to prove he would fire his shots at full speed. Furthermore nothing suggets he could percieve ENW's shot whilst it was firing, he merely looked down at the aftermath after his device had already been destroyed.

No, Iaian's arm is directly behind his body when it gets blown off. If Iaian dodged his attack completely that arm would still be intact, since otherwise a good deal of his torso would also be blasted off. What that suggests is that Melz blasted his arm off before Iaian even moved, then dodged out of the way after the attack had already been conducted. Furthermore, again, how does that help your case? Melz not going on the offensive for the majority of the fight means he's not putting much effort into his strikes, that is the clearest and most obvious meaning behind his statement. Melz didn't have to get serious until after they found his weakness, before that he could just relax and allow his Regenerationn do all the work for him. So again I ask,, what suggets he was using his full speed at that point if he clearly wasn't using his full power?

That is so beyond the bounds of reasonability that its almost not even worth addressing. All I'll be stating is the obvious, which I really shouldn't have to explain. Just incase it does need to be stated; Any and all information once present in the Webcomic that is completely absent from the manga is to be disregarded, since the webcomic is its own seperate canon unaffiliated by Manga and is no longer main canon. The only reason we use any of it at all is for the stuff that hasn't come out yet, since its going to take ages for most of that to come out yet. Direct Manga scenes that contradict the webcomic absolutely take priority, since under all evidence it simply means that part is no longer applicable by ONE's standards. The burden, once again, falls on you to prove that its still applicable.

That logic doesn't make the slightest spick of sense since aside from the only relevant part of the machine that would increase its reactions is its sensors, but the Brave Giant quite clearly has A.I. to begin with. Furthermore, I would quite confidentally call this a blitz, unequivocally. The only reason he got tagged was because he got caught on some magnifying field, which is literally the only hit he managed to get on him outside of the MEN.

No, you made the claim that ENW, a being with no conciousness, held back and still haven't provided a scrap of evidence for it. Instead, you listed off some emotions that CE could have been feeling and used that to say that ENW was holding back by factors of hundreds. The very fact that CE was mid-air showed that he perceived and tried to dodge the shot (which I highly doubt he was expecting anyway).

The scan just before that shows Iaian almost facing the attack head on. Surely you didn't miss that when finding the scan?

Melzalgard stated that Atomic Samurai was a 'fighter who can actually fight him', claimed he had his hands full before his ego got hurt and said he couldn't return to the ship despite an intruder being up there. Saying that he didn't take the S-Class seriously before that is moot. There's also no reason why Melzalgard was trying harder against Sky King than Iaian.

Manga scenes take priority, so if they directly contradict a webcomic panel, then we take the manga version. That does not translate to 'the webcomic made a comparison which was never addressed in the manga, so it must be retconned'. Hell, the definition of a retcon is a new piece of evidence that contradicts an old one.

Funny, because every scene shows CE being the only one piloting it without any aid from Brave Giant auto-piloting. Also, that's the one scene where Phoenix Man explicitly amps his own speed, before that he complimented Brave Giant's speed and explained why, despite that, he was able to dodge Brave Giant's hits.

As a side note, you need to seriously drop this condescending attitude.

I've made the claim based on clear and obvious statements that have been made on panel, which is; "A Liqued life form that reacts to negetive emotions like Hostility and Hatred." CE quite blatantly felt neither of these emotions in that instance, the worst he felt was fear and stress due to being overworked. He wasn't attacking anyone, he wasn't in anyway agressinve; There is literally zero reason to believe CE would give ENW a reason to believe he was "hostile." Again, you still haven't discussed this. And sorry, what? Child Emperor was suspended in the air by his spider legs, what does being in midair by those have to do with percieving an attack?

Yeah, how does that change anything? Still clearly took his arm off before he could move, unless you're suggesting he stupidly raised his left arm up despite it being relatively tucked in already.

Yes, but that is before he went on the offensive. Before he was simply swating away at what he percieved to be tiny litttle flies and was annoyed that they required more effort than he deemed necessary. This doesn't mean he was struggling to do anything outside of tagging any of them, again, he has his absurd Regenerationn to fall back on. Furthermore its not even made clear that Melz managed to blitz the Sky King considering he took him out from behind while he was off guard. Speed was irrelevant there.

Aside from this being a disinction without a difference, you'e going to be hard pressed to convince of others of this. Literally a couple quotes above from Qaws includes: "The quote in the webcomic occurs when he finds the Three Disciples on the floor after fighting ENW. When the same scene happened in the manga he didn't mention anything. If he doesn't bring it up again the statement was retconned out/changed."

I ju...Autopilot is literally irrelevant here, the point of focus is the machines sensors which would slow down visual and auditory information for the pilot inside the cockpit

You know I would make a sly comment here or whatever, but I truly don't want any animosity around here. So yes, I apologies. If I come off as that here or in any comments below, I'm simply trying to argue your points to the best of my abilities. But again, I apologise in advance.

https://********.org/chapter/660875/29

https://********.org/chapter/660875/30

I wonder if this would be any good.The bullet breaks the sound barrier 4 times.

@Tetsu; those aren't necessarily sonic booms. They could just be effects showing the path of the bullet.

Also if they were sonic booms then they would actually be a really bad thing speed wise. That means the bullet would be dipping below and above the speed of sound, indicating a speed very near 343 m/s.

Multiple sonic boom don't mean things like "two sonic boom = two time the speed of sound" it's about his frequency/wave length which increased exponentially due to the speed, and make small explosion.

Saitama did that. But Kombu Infinity survived it.

The Databook says the fight between Saitama and Kombu lasted 1 second, so that all happened in one go.

Tetsucabrah said:
Saitama did that. But Kombu Infinity survived it.
The Databook says the fight between Saitama and Kombu lasted 1 second, so that all happened in one go.
Oh, cool. I might calc this later.

• Fight: Saitama vs Kombu Infinity
  • Length: 1 Second
  • Method of Victory: Winning move unknown

Vaporization has no evidence considering how jagged the damaged building is. Pulverization may be better, but it's likely a fragmentation or some kind.

We only see on panel of the building, and in said panel you can see jutting pieces of iron and concrete that go into the cone. Something that doesn't happen if everything within the effected area is turned into gas.

https://********.org/chapter/67439/39

Huh, nice

Also, you can make something disappear by grinding it into millimeter sized pieces and launching the remains with force. Blunt impacts can't Vaporize, they can make something look like it disappeared

Up to DMUA to pick which one fits better with the visuals I guess.

I mean, it's 8-C to High 8-C for a couple of demons and A-class. Not exactly a huge upgrade.

But on topic does anyone actually disagree with the following

• Everyone who scales to DSK goes to MHS
  • People who don't scale to DSK, but scale to meteor arc and below Genos go to High Hypersonic
  • Everyone else scales to at least supersonic

Back