• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Beginning of series Iaian and Melzargard upgrades

Wait, if we’re supposed to be covering all of the Garou speed scaling bs here and spring mustachio’s speed scaling here, how come that’s what’s being put off for a separate thread?
I didn't say we should cover the Garou speed scaling issues in this thread.

bump
here's the thing, since the reason for disagreeing is because of garou's speed needing changes, then I'm going to have to insist that we get this handled, since it's directly impacting this
either we just scale spring mustachio to the accepted mhs now, and then change garou's scaling in a more specific crt (spring mustachio is directly involved in this scaling, so I'd still think it's acceptable to adjust his scaling, but garou would only be one step beyond the scope of this one), or we deal with the garou thing while we're here and have it all handled so this can actually go through

Or we could close this CRT for now, and I'll post a more in-depth comprehensive CRT to refine the speed scaling justifications of most of the characters.

I don't see any good reason for doing that. This is fairly simple and the scaling chain for Iaian and Melz would remain the same regardless of what happens with garou. Basically, this thread is just for applying scaling, the value changing afterwards is technically irrelevant.

I don't see any good reason for doing that. This is fairly simple and the scaling chain for Iaian and Melz would remain the same regardless of what happens with garou. Basically, this thread is just for applying scaling, the value changing afterwards is technically irrelevant.
I'm not a fan of significantly switching the focus of a CRT midway through when a new CRT would be more appropriate to cover the issues.

For now, I've voted against this CRT. It's currently split on votes.

So you're saying I should put this on hold and wait however many days or weeks for you to make your own thread about a bunch of other characters? It seems like the alternatives you're offering are just putting this on hold when this shouldn't really be anything but simple. There is absolutely no reason at all why these details can't be solved in a different time and place, the only difference between doing it here and doing it somewhere else is that it just drags this out for way too long.
I am currently saying that spring mustachio should scale to garou, and you responded by saying that Garou should maybe possibly scale to something else that might affect him and disagreeing on the grounds of something that hasn't been accepted yet in any capacity.
I'm just making sure we agree that whatever you plan on attempting to change, literally does not change the proposals in this thread, and the absolute only thing it will do is stall this out and make it take longer for the exact same thing to happen regardless.

@ZillertheBucko; why is it so important to you that this thread be passed quickly? If you're proposing we alter Spring Mutsachio's scaling to put him on a different scaling chain, don't you want to make sure that chain is good and proper first?

@ZillertheBucko; why is it so important to you that this thread be passed quickly? If you're proposing we alter Spring Mutsachio's scaling to put him on a different scaling chain, don't you want to make sure that chain is good and proper first?
Sorry, it probably came off as me trying to rush it, but I'll try to explain it more
I am in support of/fine with another crt being made to address Garou's scaling, but I don't think it should have any impact on the flow of this thread, since there is a bit of a notable disconnect, and it's not quite within the zone of what should be touched here

We've got BoS Iaian at the center of this thread, and spring mustachio as well. To sort of visualize it, here's what this kind of adds up to:

Rover -> Fubuki -> Sonic -> Genos -> Garou -> Mustachio + Iaian <- Melzargard <- the 3 generals
if you slap a big ol circle around the characters that are more directly connected to this crt, you get this:
Rover -> Fubuki -> Sonic -> Genos -> (Garou -> Mustachio + Iaian <- Melzargard) <- the 3 generals

see what I mean? They're really stretching the limits of what should really be "touching" this crt. If people way outside the circle are suspected of having some issues, they should really be handled in its own thread.

also, there's still the hypersonic stuff to cover as well, not just Iaian and Mustachio, so there's more to it than that as well.

also, there's still the hypersonic stuff to cover as well, not just Iaian and Mustachio, so there's more to it than that as well.
The Hypersonic part being the Deep Sea King's calc? I don't believe the Sky King has any direct speed scaling to that.

see what I mean? They're really stretching the limits of what should really be "touching" this crt. If people way outside the circle are suspected of having some issues, they should really be handled in its own thread.
I just don't want to add even more profiles that need to be fixed to the pile.

I've got a WIP thread that I can post tomorrow. It should fix the primary issue which is that there's a lot of circular scaling currently that isn't based on any particular calc.

The Hypersonic part being the Deep Sea King's calc? I don't believe the Sky King has any direct speed scaling to that.
I mean, his speed scaling is actually very direct, we already accept the statement to begin with and use it on Melz's AP, so there is really no reason at all for him to not be hypersonic. Also it's the giant crow's calc, not sea king's calculation, so it's around mach 9 instead of mach 4.
I just don't want to add even more profiles that need to be fixed to the pile.
There would be absolutely nothing to fix here except for the words "massively hypersonic" and that's it, because the main thing that matters is the scaling chain itself.
Regardless of what the crt changes, he'd still be scaling to garou, so again, there's nothing that really justifies making the flow of this thread involved with the other one.
That would be adding, at the very least, 3 days, and probably more. I get where you're coming from, but I just think that these are small and hastily applicable changes, and they're just a bit too disconnected for it to really be cause for concern here. You won't even have to make the edits in fact, I'll do it myself if it means taking off a little bit of the load for what you're planning. As long as this can go through relatively easy it doesn't really make a difference to me.

The thread has only been open for a couple days anyway. Let's not rush this when there's ample issues with speed in the verse and we don't want to potentially add more problems here.

Upgrading Iaian, Boros and the three generals can wait just a little bit, yeah?

Upgrading Iaian, Boros and the three generals can wait just a little bit, yeah?
idk man, that supersonic+ Melz and Iaian rating has been itching at me for over a year now, I think I might legit go into cardiac arrest if we don't change it within 3 hours, 46 minutes, and 12.76 seconds from now honestly

idk man, that supersonic+ Melz and Iaian rating has been itching at me for over a year now, I think I might legit go into cardiac arrest if we don't change it within 3 hours, 46 minutes, and 12.76 seconds from now honestly
I fully relate.

Going through all of the OPM profiles tonight to make a graph of the speed scaling has left me on the verge on an aneurysm.

I think I've arrived at a couple solutions for the profiles but it won't be pretty.

may I see your ideas for that at least? I imagine garou's gonna be like hypersonic+ or something by the end of it based on how you worded that, but I'm curious now as to where exactly you're pinpointing the circular scaling at...

may I see your ideas for that at least? I imagine garou's gonna be like hypersonic+ or something by the end of it based on how you worded that, but I'm curious now as to where exactly you're pinpointing the circular scaling at...
Well, my initial idea so far is to nix the speed scaling between Genos and Gums. That would take care of a substantial amount of the circular scaling and I've got an argument for that.

And it won't result in Garou being anywhere near Hypersonic+.

Aiming to get the thread up tomorrow.

so uhh
wouldn't that mean that Garou stays mhs? I don't think we really have any usable calcs that aren't mhs or hypersonic
and if garou is staying mhs, then that means spring mustachio would be mhs as well, which kind of solves this whole conflict of interest

so uhh
wouldn't that mean that Garou stays mhs? I don't think we really have any usable calcs that aren't mhs or hypersonic
and if garou is staying mhs, then that means spring mustachio would be mhs as well, which kind of solves this whole conflict of interest
Not quite. I plan to cover that part too. Anyway; heading off for tonight.

This guy.

No. I'm just talking about Damage's plans to revise scaling overlapping with Recon's plans.

anyways I've realized that this probably isn't gonna budge in terms of being actually applied, so I think I'll just try and get approval for scaling spring mustachio to garou and Iaian's upscaling from Spring, but only apply it once Damage's thread gets accepted

and then in a week I can finally get to work on the high 4-C Boros crt

Btw, since I didn't make my stance clear, I agree with scaling Iaian (at least as a possibility), but disagree with fully scaling Kombu. Even in terms of reactions, there's enough space between Kombu and the attack for a significant downscale, and I don't think the OP gives enough reason for reaction scaling anyway, just combat speed.

Also
d4f.png

Edit: I just thought of something for a calculation.

Last edited:
Btw, since I didn't make my stance clear, I agree with scaling Iaian (at least as a possibility), but disagree with fully scaling Kombu. Even in terms of reactions, there's enough space between Kombu and the attack for a significant downscale, and I don't think the OP gives enough reason for reaction scaling anyway, just combat speed.

Also
d4f.png

Edit: I just thought of something for a calculation.
aight
once damage is done with his revisions, how do you feel about mustachio being relative to human garou's speed?

Back