• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man AP upgrades

DbzDB2 said:
so you're saying that a highly weakened nearly dead human garou is more durable than fuhrer ugly and gums, who are both dragons?

bang when not holding back was able to one shot both executives instantly, whereas garou tanked hundreds if not thousands of punches from bang.
Not going to pull a "manga trope" or anything, but Garou knows and is adept at Bang's martial art. Its not going to be as effective against him as it is against others.

Also, this Garou:

Got beaten. Recovered. Was nearly killed again. And after that (with no rest) fought Overgrown Rover (who is above Bang and Bomb combined).

Him being comparable to Bang or Bomb individually at this stage makes sense.

Bang says that he hadnt gone easy in the slightliest and Garou points out during their encounter that he had never seen Silverfang fighting like that.

DbzDB2 said:
so you're saying that a highly weakened nearly dead human garou is more durable than fuhrer ugly and gums, who are both dragons?
bang when not holding back was able to one shot both executives instantly, whereas garou tanked hundreds if not thousands of punches from bang.
He used the Abandonment vs them though. He didn't vs Garou.

DbzDB2 said:
can we at least upgrade gouketsu to 7-A and the ones that definitely scale?
I'm juat waiting on a response fdom Ryu before I move on with everything.

Actually Ryu said he doesn't have enough time to comment. So since the majority of people are on board with the upgrades I guess they can be applied.

Although before the major stuff should it be "At least 7-B, likely 7-A" or just "Likely 7-A".

can someone please explain why we all just decided to use the low end (7-A) over the high end (6-C)?

like there was no reason given at all, is there a reason why the low end is more valid than the high end?

you cant just pick a certain calc result because you like it better, there has to be a reason as to why you picked one over the other.

Tetsucabrah said:
Do we change Fubuki at all since she's able to deflect a single casual blast from Rover?
im 99% sure that that scenes gonna get retconned in the manga because it makes zero sense. the manga is changing up tons of things. its ridiculous that fubuki can barely stop DO-S' whip, but can deflect a blast from ******* rover.

Unless there is stronger evidence for the high end, the low end is what will end up being used in most calcs. I'm just speaking in general tho, I don't know which end makes more sense in this particular case.

DbzDB2 said:
Tetsucabrah said:
Do we change Fubuki at all since she's able to deflect a single casual blast from Rover?
im 99% sure that that scenes gonna get retconned in the manga because it makes zero sense. the manga is changing up tons of things. its ridiculous that fubuki can barely stop DO-S' whip, but can deflect a blast from ******* rover.
Maybe she just got stronger?

Tatsumaki says she did in the Psychic Sisters arc.

Blizzards rating is based on blocking a attack that would one shot Genos when using her full power. So the assumption is 7-C and not 7-A or whatever.

can someone please explain why we all just decided to use the low end (7-A) over the high end (6-C)?

From what I got on the general thread, the various mods and calc members were against the use of the anime to back any end. So the agreed low end was the only option left.

Oh I'm definitely not arguing for 7-A Fubuki lol.

I was just wondering if in general she would get a buff by association.

She'd only get a buff if Genos' new suit gets a new durability feat first.

Also Kuseno mentioned that his latest upgrades focused soley on offense with no balancers.

So that could explain it better.

Qawsedf234 said:
Blizzards rating is based on blocking a attack that would one shot Genos when using her full power. So the assumption is 7-C and not 7-A or whatever.
From what I got on the general thread, the various mods and calc members were against the use of the anime to back any end. So the agreed low end was the only option left.
no even without the anime timeframe, there were two ends. including the anime timeframe, there are a total of three ends

the lowest being 7-A, and the other two being 6-C

without the anime timeframe, the highest end was about 7 gigatons, which is still 6-C

if we use the anime timeframe, it becomes about 60 gigatons, which is still 6-C.

so even if we completely disregard the anime, there was still a 6-C calc.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:The_Causality/Gouketsu_Split_Clouds_-_One_Punch_Ma

Yes, but the end deemed to be usable was the 7-A one not the 6-C one. For the anime every mod but me said that it wasn't usable.

Qawsedf234 said:
Yes, but the end deemed to be usable was the 7-A one not the 6-C one. For the anime every mod but me said that it wasn't usable.
okay i know that. but im asking WHY the 7-A one was deemed usable instead of the 6-C one. because as far as i know, there was no reason given.

just forget about the 60 gigaton result, because that was already rejected. im talking about the 7 gigaton result, which didnt use the anime timeframe.

Ask the calc group. They're the ones that agreed on the 7-A end not me. Maybe it's a more realistic timeframe or something.

Qawsedf234 said:
Ask the calc group. They're the ones that agreed on the 7-A end not me. Maybe it's a more realistic timeframe or something.
uh no, the 7-A end comes from using 5 seconds as the timeframe, while if we use 1 second, we get 6-C. the anime timeframe was like a tiny fraction of a second tho, so this is still lowballing even if we use 1 second.

1 second is FAR more reasonable than 5 seconds imo. seriously, it took 5 whole seconds for the cloud dispersion? i doubt that.

i personally think gouketsu should be upgraded to 6-C. this seems a bit like downplay to me.

I know how they got the end. But as I've said before, the calc group has accepted the 7-A end. If you want to know why ask them, I'm just going with what has been accepted.

At least in the anime the time was a little less than 2 seconds. I do not know what the result would be with this period.

"Bang saying he wasn't holding back against him doesn't mean he wasn't holding back against him."

What?

As in Bang is just denying it to save face, or because he's in denial.

When Bang goes all out he can annihilate Dragon-level monsters as we've seen. At this point in the story Garou can have an even fight against two Demon-level monsters; do we think that he's more durable than the likes of Gums or Fuhrer Ugly?

"Bang is just denying to save face"?

He told that to Bomb, to his brother. Why does he need to save face with his brother? Its not like he does not trust bomb or anything.

And Garou has proven to be much more durable than his offensive abilities. The guy could tank Overgrown Rover's attacks but could not damage it.

"Denying it to save face"

Nothing implies this whatsoever. He is answering a question from Bomb when they both had privacy, why exactly would he lie in this situation

Once again, being an inconsistency is one thing but the statement itself being a lie I do not see any proof for

Bug God at this point in the story is more durable than Garou.

Garou took dozens of punches and kicks from Bang during the fight.

When Bang went all-out, he killed Dragon-level threats with one hit each.

The obvious answer to make sense of this is that Bang did not go all-out against Garou, and therefore Garou and Bug God are not more durable than Dragon-level monsters.

If the guy was using Abandonment against the Dragon Level threats, its obvious he was stronger then than against Garou.

It may be an inconsistency, but its not implied that Bang held back in any way.

If consistency is your problem then that's fine, but there's no need to deny what's blatantly stated in the story itself to make that argument.

Bang stated he wasn't holding back in a situation where he had no reason to lie, so the statement is reliable. You can bring up the showings against monsters to argue it's an outlier but I don't see how they prove Bang is lying here.

Bug God's maximum durability is unknown. His only other durability feat, aside from Garou (one possibly stronger than when he fought Genos, Bang and Bomb) perforating his knuckles against Bug God's carapace, is getting one-shot by Superalloy Darkshine while amped.

Also, this same Garou was given a disaster level of Drago in chapter 85, and the fight between him, Bug God and Royal Ripper took place in chapter 88. So there's more evidence for Bug God being comparable to Dragon level enemies in durability than not, and he even insisted he was holding back.

I believe that Bang was going as serious as he would against a human enemy, but he was still not going to kill, as he does when fighting a monster. If he was serious like when fighting a monster Bomb would intervene.

because what's the point in him taking Bomb to keep him from going with everything if he goes with everything and Bomb does nothing?

Okay I edited every profile that scales besides the locked ones. Which I'll do after taking a break.

"because what's the point in him taking Bomb to keep him from going with everything if he goes with everything and Bomb does nothing?"

The point of bringing Bomb is to have enough advantage over Garou in order for him to not kill him by accident. Meaning that in a 1 vs 1 he wouldnt have that advantage, so Garou is close enough to Bang that he cant afford to hold anything back in a 1vs1.

If he can kill The other by accident and need a advantage to not do this, hes not fight with all The forces.

Like I said before, he may be fighting serious, but that is different from fighting with all the forces.

He Could fight serious as he fight against a Human, but its different to fight serious as fight against monster for someone like Bang

I was told that the Gouketsu feat took roughly 2 seconds in the anime adaption. Shouldn't we use that timeframe instead?

Back