• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

King

He/Him
So, I have made an effort to try and calculate One Punch Man's Overgrown Rover's AP. Earlier, I didn't think of this because there wasn't any set size calculated for Z city. But now that it is there, I have decided to calculate rover's feat. This happens during the fight of Rover with Garou when he is spamming his energy blasts.

So, here we have a calculated size for Z city which has a radius of 67,605 Meters.
And Rover was sending shockwaves throughout the whole city. Even Saitama could feel it.
The feats are here, here, and here.
We are going to calculate this using the Earthquake calculation method as:
1. it is underground.
2. it is sending massive destructive shockwaves throughout the city which is causing Z city to shake.

Now for the calculation:

Using this panel here, we get a Mercalli Intensity of of IX. This means that Magnitude at distance of the earthquake is 7.
Now, using the formula for Actual Magnitude of earthquake.
60 ≤ r < 700 km: In this case the formula is (Magnitude at distance) + 1.1644 + 0.0048*r = Richter Magnitude of Earthquake

(7) + 1.1644 + 0.0048* 67.605 = 8.488904

So, now to calculate the energy of a single blast using this formula:
10^1.5*(Richter Magnitude)+4.8 = Energy in Joules

10^1.5*(8.488904)+4.8 = 341,472,709,037,591,402.91744291460117 Joules
= 81.613936194453017947 Megatons of TNT

Now, we have been able to calculate the yield of a single blast from Rover. Now, as we can see here, here, here and here; there are at the least 20 blasts which were fired by him.
So, we just multiply the energy of one blast to 20.

So, final yield equals to : 81.613936194453017947 * 20 = 1,632.27872388906035894 Megatons of TNT.
= 1.6 Gigatons of TNT

[Large Mountain Level, High 7 A], a little above baseline. Characters can scale below or above this.

Yeah. Make one first. Afterwards, go to you profile page, and click on the blog section. There, click create blog post and just carry over your stuff. Press save when you're done

Yeah he's right, reading through it again, Rover should scale to only one blast, which is City level+

I am too lazy to pixel scale it so I did a rough calc by just estimating. Assuming the blast is 25 floors tall, its radius is 175 meters. Total heat of vaporization of limestone is 33.4 kJ/cm^3.

So 4/3*π*17500^3*33400=7.49e17 joules(mountain level). This is a just supporting feat at best, totally wrong at worst

The reason I multiplied it by 20 was so that we could scale it to Garou, Bang and Bomb.
Rover's single blast is no doubt City Level+ but I wanted to find out how much Garou had tanked and the total amount of destruction caused by Rover.

Plus, your method could also work. Let me try that too.

The reason I multiplied it by 20 was so that we could scale it to Garou, Bang and Bomb.
Rover's single blast is no doubt City Level+ but I wanted to find out how much Garou had tanked and the total amount of destruction caused by Rover.
That isn't how we do things in this site. If we did, many other characters would be more powerful than they should.

For example, Darkshine was tanking many hits from 7-A+ Garou. Does that make Darkshine 7-A+ * 20?

Last edited:
Ok, so I can use the vaporisation method to calculate the AP. We have a better measure from chapter 124. I'll use that to find the fireball's radius.

That isn't how we do things in this site. If we did, many other characters would be more powerful than they should.

For example, Darkshine was tanking many hits from 7-A+ Garou. Does that make Darkshine 7-A+ * 20?
No, actually Rover's bombs work like bombs. He fires them and they take a certain time before they detonate. So, after he fired 20 of those bombs, they detonated at once and a fraction of that was tanked by Garou.

it's a completely different case compared to punches.

Either way, I have also calculated the AP of a single blast from Rover by using the vaporisation method. I'll just create a blog and we can continue there.

yeah, but there was no defined size for Z city yet. So, the writer just assumed it to be 270m when in reality, the city is much larger.

Plus, I believe the chosen Mercalli Intensity was also wrong as in one of the panels we can see buildings being completely uprooted from their foundations.

I am too lazy to pixel scale it so I did a rough calc by just estimating. Assuming the blast is 25 floors tall, its radius is 175 meters. Total heat of vaporization of limestone is 33.4 kJ/cm^3.

So 4/3*π*17500^3*33400=7.49e17 joules(mountain level). This is a just supporting feat at best, totally wrong at worst
This might protect 7-A ratings

Saitama could feel the shaking in his appartment and he was nowhere near the area we saw being shaken. So it affected a much larger area than we were shown.

Garou tanked the full extent of a charged blast that should be way stronger than these individual ones.
I tried to use the vaporization along with my earthquake method as well and created a blog but the one of the calc members seemed to think that incinerating is not equal to vaporization. He said that magnitude at distance was incorrect as the magnitude towards the end of the city would be much lesser than the actual magnitude. So, both of these methods were kind of rejected?

Either way, I'm in the middle of creating another calc that might save the scaling chain. This one doesn't seem to work for now.

In regards to the thread, we don't know where exactly Saitama is in the surface, and the earthquake could be taking place right above ground zero, so in order to calculate this feat you need to find the distance between Rover and the surface, not use the entire radius of Z-City.

Seems like pulverization/violent fragmentation at best.

When Overgrown blasted Garou into Gyoro-Gyoro's room, he was under a massive amount of rubble as well. Overgrown Rover's attacks don't really vaporize things.

Everybody just leave this thread and try to check the Vaporization method from this calc by me. I am myself against using the earthquake method now, no need to evaluate it any further.

I get what Armorchompy means now that I'm checking the panel, yeah that isn't vaporization, vaporization is the process of reducing matter to steam through heat, but this is not the case here, Overgrown's blasts are only pulverizing a large amount of rock, but we can't see any steam whatsoever.

I get what Armorchompy means now that I'm checking the panel, yeah that isn't vaporization, vaporization is the process of reducing matter to steam through heat, but this is not the case here, Overgrown's blasts are only pulverizing a large amount of rock, but we can't see any steam whatsoever.
So, should we use the pulverization value instead?

Yes, I think in this feat pulverization should be fine.

Back