• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Revision: The things that we missed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
I have lots of CRTs to do, so I'm going to start softly with a fairly simple edits:
0657-007.png
0657-008.png
0657-015.png

Franky should have a different AP with Franky Radical Beam, as he was able to destroy the gates in Punk Hazard that Sanji couldn't. Note that Sanji could only bump the metal and he was seen painting after an unknown amount of kicks, while all that Franky needed was a single beam and gate no more.

• Either we add "Likely Mountain level+" with Franky Radical Beam or just a far higher with it.
Niji should have a "likely higher" listed on his speed section with "Stealth". He blitzed Sanji (although the latter was distracted).
0840-008.png

I've always considered this a rather amusing anti-feat for Sanji.

I think that far higher for Franky's Radical Beam should be fine.

Radical beam is a heat based attack with dura negation he just melts the gate and as damage sayed, this looks like an anti-feat for Sanji, similar to Smoothie fail in destroy the room's gate when Brook was.

I agree with Niji stuff.

We agreed to not consider the lasers Dura Negation when the Low 6-B downgrade happened.

The Calaca said:
We agreed to not consider the lasers Dura Negation when the Low 6-B downgrade happened.
Wait what? I don't recall any such consensus. Also just checked the durability negation page, lasers are a thing.

@Calaca would you link this argument and/or summarize what it was exactly?

Dr.Fix said:
Wait what? I don't recall any such consensus. Also just checked the durability negation page, lasers are a thing.

@Calaca would you link this argument and/or summarize what it was exactly?
Gotta back up Dr. Fix here; where did that consensus on lasers not being Durability Negation occur? Everyone who uses lasers in One Piece has Dura Negation in their profile, and Franky's lasers are similar both in appearance and effect as the only other lasers in-verse, those of Kizaru's and his replicated by tech.

The whole reason why the lasers are considered Dura Negation is vague as ****. I'm not going to dig in the topic right now but you're free of doing a new CRT where we can discuss with more admins and people like DontTalk as why the lasers are considered Durability Negators for this seems to be important for the whole wiki. In fact, it'd apply to any laser considered legit here.

Right now I'm going to perform the edits that I suggested on the OP so I can move to the next topics I'm interested in.

@Calaca

I don't think you can do so when there was literally no discussion on it, and the page on Durability Negation explicitly lists lasers as a prime example of things that ignore durability.

Making the edits based on no discussion with others and no accepted CRT is vandalism if I'm not mistaken. It would be on YOU to make the CRT altering the wiki's definition/examples for Durability Negation.

It's in the profiles. You need to make the change, I don't have to argue for it being there

Okay, that's on me.

It's just that we talked about how Kizaru's DN made no sense and I just assumed we decided on yeeting it. Feel free to add it back from the profiles that might have it deleted. I'm sorry.

I'll tackle that later for it's an important discussion. Let's note the page doesn't even explain WHY lasers ignore durability, and in this context it doesn't give any support either.

Tbh that section for lasers ignoring durability is wrong, going by that logic just about everyone who uses light would have durability negation by default so that's something that needs to be removed asap. There's no reason to believe a standard laser would ignore durability, no explanation as to how it ignores durability, the list goes on. Honestly it just strikes me as something that was added in last minute. I'll whip up the CRT addressing this, should be a pretty quick thread.

Legitimately, I wouldn't mind a discussion on it. I'm open for anything that would improve accuracy on-site. I myself don't understand the physics of why lasers, explicitly, are called out as durability-negating on the wiki since I haven't dug into it.

I'm just going on precedent here. But it is absolutely an important discussion, and one that could definitely have wide-reaching ramifications for the wiki, not just One Piece's fringe case.

For now, though, "Likely higher" for Franky should be fine until it gets sorted out fully. Sorry if I came across as hostile on that one, but it felt like a bit of an overreach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back