• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Pre Timeskip Key Merge Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingTempest

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
So we're merging the keys from Enies Lobby to Marineford for everybody.

This means that they scale from Franky's durability calc in Enies Lobby, as Franky's... a cyborg, I don't think iron would strengthen by doing nothing overtime.
Fukurou hurt him so he scales, and they scale off of him.

Also, we're not linearly scaling Rokushiki anymore. Idk when we ruled that rokushiki was linear to regular strength or an equal increase but not anymore.

Screenshot_2024-08-12_at_1.14.15_PM.png

Jabra and Kaku's Rokushiki scale above Blueno's, so they scale to 9.3 GT as well.

This is where they scale in Gigatons

Blueno's Rokushiki ~ Luffy ~ Lucci > 9.3 GT
Zoro ~ Kaku's Rokushiki > Blueno's Rokushiki > 9.3 GT
Sanji ~ Hybrid Jabra's Rokushiki > Blueno's Rokushiki > 9.3 GT
Rumble Chopper ~ Kumadori > 1.89 GT
Franky ~ Fukurou > 1.87 GT
Nami ~ Kalifa > 1.47 GT

That's it. Time to discuss.

Yeah, Diable Jambe Sanji & Shusui Zoro scale to Gear 2nd through the Pacifista & Oars.

And an argument can be made for EL Asura Zoro being relative to that value via the No.2 & "As strong as Luffy" statements in the databooks.
I agree with the OP and this as well.

I'm not in favor of the proposed scaling here which is dependent on Fukurou scaling the calc for Franky's durability in Chapter 592.

For Fukurou attacks on Franky to be considered to be around 1.87 Gigatons, then we'd have to see that he inflicts comparable damage to Franky that the explosion did. Let's do a quick recap of the attacks Fukurou is actually seen landing on Franky.

1) Fukurou hits Franky with his Finger Pistol variant, Solid Beast, a hard-hitting punch thrown with the speed of his Finger Pistol technique.

2) Fukurou hits Franky again with a Solid Beast straight to the face.

3) Franky and Fukurou exchange multiple blows in succession, quite possibly all of them being his Solid Beast technique. By the number of fists, at least 5, probably more.

4) Fukurou hits Franky with his ultimate technique, Owl Strike, performing the Solid Beast several times all over his body at rapid speed. By my count there's around 28 hits landed on Franky here in the first panel, and then even more in the fourth panel.

5) Fukurou hits Franky with another Solid Beast.

6) Fukurou hits Franky in the back with a Tempest Kick.

7) Fukurou slams into Franky with his Iron Ball technique.

8) Fukurou punches Franky down with another Solid Beast.

9) Fukurou hits Franky with another barrage of punches before finally being defeated by Franky's Coup de Vent. At least 6 hits visible here.

So to recap, Fukurou hits Franky at least 45 times over the course of their fight.

And yet after all of that, Franky is less damaged by the end of the fight than he was after taking the Vegapunk lab explosion. Franky being hit by 1.87 Gigatons of explosion (at least going by our current calc) is heavily damaged the front of his body and face. Another thing to consider is that this is damage is applied to the cross-sectional area of Franky, or roughly 50% of his surface area essentially. A person's face accounts for 3.5% of their surface area so even if we say that Fukurou's punch is landing across half of Franky's face here for example then that means the force of Fukurou's attack is being inflicted on an area over 28x smaller than what the explosion hit of Franky.

That means that if Fukurou's punch dealt comparable damage to the explosion, it would still be the vicinity of 28x less powerful. And Fukurou hit Franky numerous times with attacks that individually or cumulatively do not appear to be as powerful as the explosion Franky survived based on how Franky takes Fukurou's attacks much better.

I know some people may assert that if Fukurou damaged Franky at all, then he must be somewhat comparable to the explosion as both damaged Franky, right? But I don't think it's as simple as "Franky tanked the explosion so his durability is that high."

Our page on Durability has a section on "Surviving Attacks". This is what I believe Franky's case more closely falls under than a straightforward durability feat. Franky did survive the explosion, but we don't see the direct aftermath here to say he was totally fine being hit by it. In fact the anime episode 512 shows that after being hit by the explosion Franky is found some time later by civilians, a while after the explosion took place, and he was half-buried upisde-down in the ground until they found him. It's not a stretch to say he was incapacited by the explosion for a while compared to how Fukurou's barrage of punches barely fazes him.

There could be greater support for Franky being able to take such attacks regularly in combat if he was shown to scale to anyone who fights at that level, but most characters around that time who Franky has fought have calcs in the vicinity of 7-B, Low 7-B , 7-C, etc.

The conclusion that I've personally reached by the end of it is that Fukurou's Rokushiki-based attacks do not scale comparably to a value of 1.87 Gigatons just becaue he hurt Franky with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back