• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Monster Point Chopper and Perospero Crt

I just realized we scale child Momonosuke to FTL for cutting Kanjuro, I no longer consider Perospero an outlier, he and Katakuri can both be H6A if you want.

Katakuri would have stronger Devil Fruit powers. I mean, Perospero having H6A attacks and still being considered significantly weaker than Katakuri(By other members of the crew, literally stated when going to Onigashima) would mean something.
I see where your going with this. Is there a reason why Katakuri shouldn't scale to H6A?

I see where your going with this. Is there a reason why Katakuri shouldn't scale to H6A?
Breaks scaling

Basically, to my knowledge, Katakuri has done literally nothing since WCI except fight Reiju, Ichiji, Niji, Yonj, and Oven.

Aka, the same Katakuri who lost to a weaker Luffy who has 0 reason to scale that high

And since Katakuri wasn't even at Wano he can't get a Wano key either.

Breaks scaling

Basically, to my knowledge, Katakuri has done literally nothing since WCI except fight Reiju, Ichiji, Niji, Yonj, and Oven.

Aka, the same Katakuri who lost to a weaker Luffy who has 0 reason to scale that high

And since Katakuri wasn't even at Wano he can't get a Wano key either.
Are we assuming its impossible for katakuri to have gotten stronger since wci?
Didn't rs sanji go from page 1 to king lvl in like 1 week?

Are we assuming its impossible for katakuri to have gotten stronger since wci?
Didn't rs sanji go from page 1 to king lvl in like 1 week?
Sanji is a different character with shown proof of Accelerated Development

Katakuri hasn't shown to touch the stuff outside of the usual AD from Haki which applies only to Haki

Sanji is a different character with shown proof of Accelerated Development

Katakuri hasn't shown to touch the stuff outside of the usual AD from Haki which applies only to Haki
Its important to note that katakuri has never been tested or pushed as hard as when he fought luffy
thats plenty of incentive to grow stronger

I mean it's neither stated nor implied he trained, so we shouldn't make an assumption on the matter
Sure we dont know what katakuri has been doing since wci but there is an indication that he has gotten stronger somehow
Its a bigger stretch to say that all of perospero's wano feats are outliers than to just accept that katakuri has grown stronger...

So, the implication is that Perospero's arrows = Off-guard Chopper, and his dura scales to an injured Neko? Not entirely opposed to this, especially since BM thought he could (at least slightly) damage a restrained Marco with an arrow.

So, the implication is that Perospero's arrows = Off-guard Chopper, and his dura scales to an injured Neko? Not entirely opposed to this, especially since BM thought he could (at least slightly) damage a restrained Marco with an arrow.
Are we suggesting that onguard chopper has a way to increase his durability?
I am saying his ap scales to Chopper's durability which we have at H6A meaning everyone that scales above Perospero's ap should also scale to H6A

Yeah I didn't think about that, but Marco's base durability isn't anything crazy as random fodder were capable of piercing his skull.

Look, I tried a year ago proposing that he scale above the Hybrid Tobiroppo since Injured Scabbards >> Hybrid Tobiroppo.

However, this breaks scaling since, while I disagree with this, the wiki says that Hybrid Tobiroppo > G3 > Pre-Wano G3 = Awakened Katakuri > Perospero.

Look, I tried a year ago proposing that he scale above the Hybrid Tobiroppo since Injured Scabbards >> Hybrid Tobiroppo.

However, this breaks scaling since, while I disagree with this, the wiki says that Hybrid Tobiroppo > G3 > Pre-Wano G3 = Awakened Katakuri > Perospero.
Hybrid Tobiroppo aren't above G3 what the ****??

Hybrid Tobiroppo aren't above G3 what the ****??
Yeah I know, it sucks ass.

The current logic is that Page 1, whose AP scales to his durability cuz Sanji (which is iffy since Sanji only hurt his Zoan form with Raid Suit boosters), took a G3 punch and got up later with just a hurt jaw, although the punch itself KNOCKED HIM OUT LIKE A LIGHT.

Also, they claim that, when Ulti restrained Luffy with her Hybrid, Luffy was gonna go G4, but I disagree with this since IMO Ulti just had higher LS and G4 would've allowed Luffy to both get superior LS and to swell his shoulders enough to break from her grip.

And why can't we have both? They aren't mutually exclusive.
Why are we acting like nobody besides the Straw Hats can get stronger after having a major confrontation?
Big Mom went uncontested for decades. There was literally no incentive for her children to grow stronger, so the events of WCI are more than enough to suggest they started training afterward or at least got stronger through the experience.

Post wci Katakuri > Post wci Perospero ~ H6A > Tobiroppo > G3 > Pre-Wano G3 = Wci Awakened Katakuri > Wci Perospero.

I dont see a contradiction here, if the scaling suggests they got stronger then why would we assume otherwise?

The current logic is that Page 1, whose AP scales to his durability cuz Sanji (which is iffy since Sanji only hurt his Zoan form with Raid Suit boosters), took a G3 punch and got up later with just a hurt jaw, although the punch itself KNOCKED HIM OUT LIKE A LIGHT.

Also, they claim that, when Ulti restrained Luffy with her Hybrid, Luffy was gonna go G4, but I disagree with this since IMO Ulti just had higher LS and G4 would've allowed Luffy to both get superior LS and to swell his shoulders enough to break from her grip.
This doesn't take into account the fact that luffy was holding back though

And why can't we have both? They aren't mutually exclusive.
Why are we acting like nobody besides the Straw Hats can get stronger after having a major confrontation?
Big Mom went uncontested for decades. There was literally no incentive for her children to grow stronger, so the events of WCI are more than enough to suggest they started training afterward or at least got stronger through the experience.

Post wci Katakuri > Post wci Perospero ~ H6A > Tobiroppo > G3 > Pre-Wano G3 = Wci Awakened Katakuri > Wci Perospero.

I dont see a contradiction here, if the scaling suggests they got stronger then why would we assume otherwise?
I personally proposed a 2nd key for Wano Perospero and by extention Wano Katakuri last year, but it was struck down.

Hard.

It was in this thread.

Bad memories all around. I was a fool back then.
So, the problem with the original argument is that there's nothing to warrant a new key for Wano Perospero?

Can we not infer that characters have been training due to a drastic increase in strength?

Where is the proof that Law trained post-Dressrosa? Why do we have two separate keys for early and post-Wano Law if there's no proof he trained in either?

It's almost as if we can infer those things through feats and the narrative.

So, the problem with the original argument is that there's nothing to warrant a new key for Wano Perospero?

Can we not infer that characters have been training due to a drastic increase in strength?

Where is the proof that Law trained post-Dressrosa? Why do we have two separate keys for early and post-Wano Law if there's no proof he trained in either?

It's almost as if we can infer those things through feats and the narrative.
Hey, I agree with you.

It is hypocritical that we allow it for Law but not Perospero.

But I do think that him hurting MP Chopper and being a threat to Marco may be a bit much since Sulong Carrot was pressuring him, so instead it'd be better to scale him above the Hybrid Tobiroppo.

Or maybe be "At least [Whatever the Hybrid Tobiroppo scale to these days], possibly [Marco level] for his Buso Arrow being a threat to Marco]"

Or maybe his AP could be possibly/likely Marco level but his durability would only scale above the Hybrid Tobiroppo, since otherwise we'd have an injured Neko scaling above Marco which wouldn't make sense, also nothing says his durability scales to his arrows (and no his candy wouldn't scale in durability to Marco, as Sulong Inu one-shot his candy arm too).

Hey, I agree with you.

It is hypocritical that we allow it for Law but not Perospero.

But I do think that him hurting MP Chopper and being a threat to Marco may be a bit much since Sulong Carrot was pressuring him, so instead it'd be better to scale him above the Hybrid Tobiroppo.

Or maybe be "At least [Whatever the Hybrid Tobiroppo scale to these days], possibly [Marco level] for his Buso Arrow being a threat to Marco]"

Or maybe his AP could be possibly/likely Marco level but his durability would only scale above the Hybrid Tobiroppo, since otherwise we'd have an injured Neko scaling above Marco which wouldn't make sense, also nothing says his durability scales to his arrows (and no his candy wouldn't scale in durability to Marco, as Sulong Inu one-shot his candy arm too).
But sulong carrot has no anti feats, I don't understand where this logic comes from

As for his ap scaling above his durability, I absolutely agree with that. I think its more than reasonable to say Perospero could probably not tank his own arrows.

I mean, this was Post Udon Luffy, what if he's just stronger than when he fought Katakuri?

Idk, but that's been shown pretty consistently to weaken people, right? Like Sanji was hurt by Black Maria because he was restrained and not guarding.
Sanji was hurt by black maria because he was intentionally not using armament haki

Characters only get less durable while offguard if they can reinforce their durability while onguard, Chopper has no means to do so.

Back