• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Luffy 2 New Hax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but road to laugh tale literally confirms the stars we see over Kaido's head, the birds around Luffy when he gets hit with the death destroyer bagua- they're all actually there. They're not artistic choices, Luffy literally makes them appear according to Laugh Tale 4.
Those don't fall under rubberiness.
So according to this we could say that it's some limited form of Subjective Reality that acts similarly with Toon Force. I think there's no problem giving him Limited Subjective Reality. This because Nika's will can manifest some strange things into reality, but just as King said, he stills limited to body's possibilities.

For the moment "Limited" is fine for now, we didn't see Nika powers to their full extent, if that truly was it. So maybe in the future we may get a better SR, although this one is already something. But for what we've seen he can negate some stuff like death, however hen cannot negate everything in battle. Because if he was able to do it, then he wouldn't be affected by Kaidou at all.

So according to this we could say that it's some limited form of Subjective Reality that acts similarly with Toon Force. I think there's no problem giving him Limited Subjective Reality. This because Nika's will can manifest some strange things into reality, but just as King said, he stills limited to body's possibilities.

For the moment "Limited" is fine for now, we didn't see Nika powers to their full extent, if that truly was it. So maybe in the future we may get a better SR, although this one is already something. But for what we've seen he can negate some stuff like death, however hen cannot negate everything in battle. Because if he was able to do it, then he wouldn't be affected by Kaidou at all.
In parts I agree and in parts I disagree, the fact that Luffy has a limit for what is shown is due to his imagination, that is, the only limiting factor in Luffy's powers is his creativity in battle, so I think if he's going to have it limited subjective reality, I think it would be good to be for that factor.

In parts I agree and in parts I disagree, the fact that Luffy has a limit for what is shown is due to his imagination, that is, the only limiting factor in Luffy's powers is his creativity in battle, so I think if he's going to have it limited subjective reality, I think it would be good to be for that factor.
G5 feats: Luffy died being depleted of energy, he could barely maintain the use of haki, and upon activating the G5th he came back energized and denied death, Luffy also countered a fire blast with a rubber floor, something impossible to do ,Luffy runs in the air and creates fire where he runs, Luffy creates drawing effects like birds and cartoon lights, he has some power, this is a fact.

Luffy creates drawing effects like birds and cartoon lights, he has some power, this is a fact.
Adding the eye popping to that. Only those count as reality warping, but everything else is more or less transmutation, body control and-- non-reality warp based things that are Zoan traits or the like

In addition to looking like a cartoon character, Luffy was inspired by Tom and Jerry said by Eichiro Oda

That is, in addition to having the Power of Imagination, he was inspired by cartoon characters, it gives the impression that he really has the toon force.

Goku is inspired by sun wukong so according to your logic all the haxes sun wukong have ,goku have it too

Goku is inspired by sun wukong so according to your logic all the haxes sun wukong have ,goku have it too
That's not what I meant, the fact that Luffy G5th is inspired by cartoons means that the way Luffy G5th fights not only looks like a cartoon, but is inspired by one, that is, it reinforces the idea of the powers I talked about Luffy. own, it's not like Luffy has the power of imagination just because he has it, Luffy has such powers because what was inspired by cartoons wasn't Luffy but his G5th. Nika is an onomatopoeia of laughter and also nika (the sun god) frees people from sadness by making them laugh, this is something that cartoons have, to entertain the audience by making them laugh.

Adding the eye popping to that. Only those count as reality warping, but everything else is more or less transmutation, body control and-- non-reality warp based things that are Zoan traits or the like
Really, as we didn't have much time to fight the G5th, we don't know if he has a specific limit, but from what has already been shown, Luffy not only did impossible things like countering a fire explosion with the power of imagination, but also Luffy crossed it Kaido's eyes like a cartoon, Kaido himself also says that Luffy looks like a cartoon character, not only because of his demonstrated hax but also for the G5th itself.

Really, as we didn't have much time to fight the G5th, we don't know if he has a specific limit, but from what has already been shown, Luffy not only did impossible things like countering a fire explosion with the power of imagination, but also Luffy crossed it Kaido's eyes like a cartoon, Kaido himself also says that Luffy looks like a cartoon character, not only because of his demonstrated hax but also for the G5th itself.
If we don't know the specific limit, we don't assume the end point of it. That's safer. We just give it what it has shown until further showings.

If we don't know the specific limit, we don't assume the end point of it. That's safer. We just give it what it has shown until further showings.
I understand your answer, but just with what has already been demonstrated, you can already have a good idea that Luffy at least distorts reality, he did impossible things like cross Kaido's head with 1 punch, crossed Kaido's eye as if it were a cartoon, creates fire just by running (which would make no sense to have luffy having just any power from a Devil Fruit awakening, after all, luffy could only create fire due to the friction of the G2th, without the G2th, luffy could not create fire but luffy created it, proving that he has a specific power),luffy creates cartoon effects, which is also not a normal akuma no mi and etc, in my view it is clear that luffy has the power of imagination limited to his creativity, this one hax that Luffy has has already been confirmed by both Road to laughtale and the manga itself.

cross Kaido's head with 1 punch
He stretched transmutated Kaido with awakening.
crossed Kaido's eye as if it were a cartoon
Falls under subjective reality
creates fire just by running
He did that in punk hazard. He could either be setting the air on fire or just another show of subjective reality shenanigans.
luffy has the power of imagination limited to his creativity, this one hax that Luffy has has already been confirmed by both Road to laughtale and the manga itself.
I agree.
But we can't assume Luffy's imagination is going to break the laws of the manga in a Popeye/Bugs Bunny style unless he shows it.. We give him what he's shown which is fair. I doubt we'll not see Gear 5 anytime soon anyway, so there'll probably be more things shown about his 'imagination' power since it's talked about a lot in the story/laugh tale guide

He stretched transmutated Kaido with awakening.
He's a zoan tho, I think luffy thinks he's still paramecia which is why he uses the fruit like katakuri and doffy but it's actually his imagination and haven't realized yet

If that's the case, then it wouldn't be impossible for him to act like a logia as well... If he wanted and thinks he can

Tho again I'm not past sanji first gaining his raid suit soo I don't have all the info/context

According to vs battle it is said that users of subjective reality can deny injuries and even death, Luffy received several point-blank attacks from Kaido and soon after that damage disappeared, Luffy when accessing the G5th denied death, it is also said that subjective reality users are limited to their imagination, this is something that luffy also has.

He's a zoan tho, I think luffy thinks he's still paramecia which is why he uses the fruit like katakuri and doffy but it's actually his imagination and haven't realized yet

If that's the case, then it wouldn't be impossible for him to act like a logia as well... If he wanted and thinks he can

Tho again I'm not past sanji first gaining his raid suit soo I don't have all the info/context
Yes, Luffy still doesn't have the right knowledge about his power, according to Vs battle users of subjective reality are limited to their imagination, Luffy doesn't have much experience with the G5th, that means that Luffy was using his power limiting himself and a lot to his imagination, he has no knowledge of this power, I am in favor of subjective reality.

That might geniunely be the reason tbh. Luffy believes he can do paramecia awakenings so he does via imagination.
Or it could be that his fruit as paramecia style awakening as well, as it's put under paramecia category in RTLT 4 when unawakened.
According to vs battle it is said that users of subjective reality can deny injuries and even death, Luffy received several point-blank attacks from Kaido and soon after that damage disappeared, Luffy when accessing the G5th denied death, it is also said that subjective reality users are limited to their imagination, this is something that luffy also has.
Yes- but that still has abilities under subjective reality that need to be named. If his ressurection is via subjective reality then it's still 'ressurection' as an ability. Idk how MUCH falls under that and how much is under Zoan shenanigans yet, and that's mostly because Luffy himself doesn't know about his ability. We can't assume he can imagine things that aren't rubber related (yet) if he himself did very little of that.

That might geniunely be the reason tbh. Luffy believes he can do paramecia awakenings so he does via imagination.
Or it could be that his fruit as paramecia style awakening as well, as it's put under paramecia category in RTLT 4 when unawakened.

Yes- but that still has abilities under subjective reality that need to be named. If his ressurection is via subjective reality then it's still 'ressurection' as an ability. Idk how MUCH falls under that and how much is under Zoan shenanigans yet, and that's mostly because Luffy himself doesn't know about his ability. We can't assume he can imagine things that aren't rubber related (yet) if he himself did very little of that.
It's clear to me that he has this power according to RTLT 3 and 4 and from my previous arguments, even if he hasn't shown 100% of this power he has already demonstrated many things that fit subjective reality, I think it's fair to consider these factors.

The fact that Luffy no longer demonstrates the abilities of his new power doesn't change, Luffy is confirmed that he has the Power to turn his imagination into reality, following that, it would be fair to Luffy if at least Luffy's main ability was introduced in his profile: The power of imagination.

It's clear to me that he has this power according to RTLT 3 and 4 and from my previous arguments, even if he hasn't shown 100% of this power he has already demonstrated many things that fit subjective reality, I think it's fair to consider these factors.
I mean- I agreed that it is subjective reality already.
I'm just not on board with it being every category of subjective reality or full on higher tiers of reality warping

I mean- I agreed that it is subjective reality already.
I'm just not on board with it being every category of subjective reality or full on higher tiers of reality warping
Ah I understand what you mean, so subjective reality limited so far? limited by your imagination and lack of deeds that raise the level of his power.

Ah I understand what you mean, so subjective reality limited so far? limited by your imagination and lack of deeds that raise the level of his power.
Exactly. It's limited for now by what Luffy has been shown to imagine.
I'm sure we'll see more of it, but for now we can't assume a whole lot outside his shown abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back