• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Haki Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping for Cin to make a post, but I am tired of waiting.

We are going to start with Observation Haki first.

Katakuri himself stated that if you lose your calm, Observation Haki does not work. As you need to be completely calm/battle oriented to see the future.

In the earlier part of this chapter, Luffy caught Katakuri doing something embarassing, which lead to Katakuri being unable to concentrate as he continued to get hit.

As such, every user of Kenboshoku Haki would have the weakness "If the user becomes distressed in some way, precognition could fail."

One-piece-9976165

This is just one of many examples of Conqueror's haki being able to knock out people and damage the outside enviornment. This most likely only applies to top tiers of the verse, Like Shanks, Whitebeard etc.

We currently have the Aura power listed for many conqueror hakis user and the page has many sub types.

Anyone who can this haki will have an 'Overwhelming' Aura while top tiers like Shanks would have an 'explosive' aura as well.

One-piece-63466

LordAizenSama said:
Luffy also said prolonged use of haki/observation haki will be get weaker overtime somewhere around this fight
Basically this.

Also, Forgot to add.

Armanant Haki follows under similar weaknesses where prolonged usage of haki will become weaker overtime, and will eventually have to 'recharge' over a timelimit.

Those sufficiently fatigued will be unable to use this haki, as detailed with Luffy vs Doflamingo.

Also I'd suggest giving Busoshoku Haki users limited Reactive Evolution due to how Rayleigh explained it not too long ago.
Screenshot 2017-12-04-18-04-14

Also as for Conquerors Haki that would also classify as limited Emphatic Manipulation correct?

Possibly yes to the first one, leaning to yes but we dont know the principles of how this works.

Inconclusive on the second one since it only has the ability to change the emotions of animals as we have seen.

But I am not against either one of them fundamenetally.

I also think this thread should be highlighted since we are basically discussing tens of characters being revised in their P+A section.

@Sins

I wouldn't apply that weakness to everyone who uses Busoshoku Haki seeing as how Luffy is the only one who managed to deplete his Busoshoku Haki and that's because Gear Fourth is heavily focused on Busoshoku. I'm not sure If we can apply the same weakness of Busoshoku Haki to Kenbunshoku.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
@Sins
I wouldn't apply that weakness to everyone who uses Busoshoku Haki seeing as how Luffy is the only one who managed to deplete his Busoshoku Haki and that's because Gear Fourth is heavily focused on Busoshoku. I'm not sure If we can apply the same weakness of Busoshoku Haki to Kenbunshoku.
Even the one piece wiki states this: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Haki/Busoshoku_Haki#Drawbacks

Edit: Even this applies to just luffy, observation haki weakness was stated iirc so we should take one much more seriously.

Then I suppose it's fine to add the weakness however it's highly unlikely normal use of Busoshoku Haki would run out as quickly as Luffy in Gear Fourth.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Then I suppose it's fine to add the weakness however it's highly unlikely normal use of Busoshoku Haki would run out as quickly as Luffy in Gear Fourth.
This can be stated in most profiles, but it is still a weakness.

Not saying it is a big one, but still.

Most of these revisions will be small ones, but they impact at least 1/4th the characters iirc.

Nah still not important enough for a Highlight. We'll just have to add in weakness for the one's who use Haki. I'd suggest waiting for Haki to be explained more in the next few chapters before highlighting anything.

I already have such weaknesses listed in the Haki page. If it seems necessary to edit every single page of haki users to have the link somewhere in the page, then it should be done.

I've already made it aware that:

1) Observation requires the user to be level-headed to use it or else it might as well be rendered null and void (so fighting against an opponent that inflicts some status effect inducement or empathy manipulation that will make the user angry will instantly nullify Observation Haki).

2) Prolonged use of Armament drains stamina faster, especially if the user coats most or their entire body with it. Luffy is the best example of this, as he spent 20+ minutes in Gear 4th spamming Haki, which eventually incapacitated him and rendered him incapable of using haki for 10 minutes (However, in recent chapters, he was in decent shape after losing Gear 4th)

While it was mentioned in a recent chapter by Luffy that Katakuri's Observation haki will weaken over time, we have yet to see the effects and because of that, we should wait on it.

Regarding other suggestions:

Reactive Evolution for haki users is on the table but should wait considering how the statement was vague, and we've yet to see anything from the "flower of haki blooming" in battle. Be ready to discuss this whenever we see Luffy's haki evolve.

Empathic Manipulation for Haoshoku Haki is a maybe, as I did bring up that Haoshoku Haki users such as Shanks and Luffy both used their projected wills to dominate and change the emotion and even motive of animals such as the Killer Bull in Dressrosa, the Serpent that took Shank's arm, and several other cases in the series. Would that classify as Empathic Manipulation?

As I said in the previous comment, if the characters who use Haki need to have the link to the Haki page listed in their "Notable Attacks and Techniques", then please do so. I can do it if need be, but several pages will need to be unlocked.

Reactive Evolution: No. Based on that statement, no. Too vague. It can be just a power up or unlocking a new power, which is nowhere near Reactive Evolution.

PaChi2 said:
Antvasima said:
Well, growing stronger through adversity is technically Reactive Power Level though.
We dont know if that's what Rayleigh meant, tho.
I am with PaChi on this one.

The original purpose of this thread has mostly be answered, it can be closed.

As for any of the above, I will make a continuination post once we get more information.

Let's wait for CinCameron20 to reply first.

PaChi2 said:
Reactive Evolution: No. Based on that statement, no. Too vague. It can be just a power up or unlocking a new power, which is nowhere near Reactive Evolution.

Pretty sure this would classify as limited Reactive Evolution by the way Rayleigh explained it. It isn't a power up nor is it unlocking a new power up. However i must agree with Sins that we should wait till the next chapter before making a final call. Also I'd like to see what Cin has to say about that.

As stated, the comment by Rayleigh was vague, and on top of that--we literally have not seen what was stated put into action. We don't have any reason to give them Reactive Evolution until we actually see something. All we have is a statement that hints to an evolution of haki when in combat, but that's all we have to go on.

I'm still on board with including Empathetic Manipulation on Haoshoku Haki users' pages due to the previously mentioned reasons.

Yeah I agree with the Emphatic Manipulation for Haoshoku Haki users. However we should put a note saying it can't render those with strong wills unconscious. Since that can lead to wank.

Granted, there is still a lot more we don't know about Haoshoku Haki's abilities (Ex: Users being able to hear the voice of Zunisha, and the Sea-Kings).

But I think it has been made apparent in the series (though not confirmed by any statements) that the lower the level of intellect or will power a being has, the more prone they are to be affected by the ability.

1) Wild beasts can be tamed instantly, or merely rendered docile by a user as shown by Rayleigh + Elephant, Luffy + Bulls, Shanks + Serpent.

• In regards to Empathic Manipulation - Luffy vs the Killer Bull aligns with "Induce sympathy or love (might extend to luring an opponent to collaborate with you)", while Rayleigh vs the Elephant aligns with "Cause an opponent to forfeit (via fear)".
2) Extremely weak willed characters are overwhelmed and end up placed in a seizure-induced state, or knocked unconscious.

• A weak character in general wouldn't factor in since vs matches prevents stomp-matches such as Luffy vs a random 8-C character, but let's say someone who is comparable in physical ability fights him, but said character has a history of being extremely cowardly and fearful--it may be within reason for Luffy to KO him with Haoshoku right off the bat, or at least after being injured by some extent
3) Haoshoku Haki has a physical presence that I think could be used in a versus match. In fights such as Luffy vs Chinjao and Luffy vs Doflamingo, we've seen explosive aura emit from them when striking in conjunction with Haoshoku Haki.

• Luffy vs Doflamingo displayed Doflamingo implimenting Haoshoku in this Athlete Thread kick to send Luffy flying a great distance, while both of them clashing their Haoshoku Aura together caused tremors to shake the Flower Hill and blast Law away from their immediate vicinity.
Because of all of these examples, Haoshoku Haki users should specifically have limited "Explosive" and "Overwhelming" Aura under their Powers and Abilities. I'm not sure if they have any other abilities.

So, is it alright to edit the Haki Page with the suggested changes:

For Haoshoku, it will include:

"Users of this power are capable of projecting their will outwards as an Aura to influence opponents based on their level of will-power. Those with incredibly low will-power and intelligence such as wild beasts can be tamed by the user or become too terrified to fight any further, while human opponents may be rendered in a seizure-induced state or severely weakened to the point where they are barely maintaining consciousness. However, opponents with even remotely comparable willpower to the user are more or less immune to its effects. The aura seemingly has a physical presence, as it can emit shockwaves and send out blasts that can shake the terrain or send nearby opponents flying away."

And also edit the Powers and Abilities of Haoshoku Haki users to include:

"Limited Explosive + Overwhelming Aura and Limited Empathic Manipulation via Haoshoku (Capable of emitting large shock-waves that can send opponents flying and generate an aura that targets weak-willed opponents--weakening their conscience, causing them to seize, or if the opponent has a low level of intelligence [comparable to a wild animal], they may even be swayed to join forces with the user. However, an opponent with even somewhat comparable willpower to the user will be immune to its effects)."

Anything to include or exclude from the above descriptions?

If it's alright, here is the list of Haoshoku Haki Users that I can remember:

Monkey D. Luffy

Donquixote Doflamingo

Whitebeard

Big Mom

Shanks

Chinjao

Silvers Rayleigh

Boa Hancock

Gol D. Roger (Not like he matters right now)

Portgas D. Ace

I think that's all of them.

I have completed the edits. All the previously locked pages can now be locked. Thank you.

Whether this page can remain open or closed is questionable, as I'm pretty certain that we'll be discussing the potential changes to Haki due to Rayleigh's statement if we see anything regarding Luffy's blooming of haki. But that will likely take a few weeks.

Okay. I will lock the pages and close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back