• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Gomu Gomu no Bajrang Gun reconsideration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is that the calc isn't currently used anyway. Everyone currently scales several times above it.
It was used for the meteorites for a while at least- just different methods popped up is all, and earlier arcs' scaling changed things.

Neutral, leaning towards disagree. There is slight inconsistency but I wouldn’t say it’s enough to nullify the calculation

Tfw everyone scales 250x over the strongest attack in the verse
Tfw the actual strongest attack in the verse is so strong it broke vsWiki's earthquake formula and is thousands of times weaker than it actually would be otherwise

outlier2

If the anime calc is more reliable when it comes out in 5 years, fine.

Until then, the reasoning for removing the calc is not valid enough.

It's 6 to 7 months at most but yes.
I disagree with removing it. Recalcing an average size- that I can be neutral to, but taking it out based on inconsistencies unrelated to the two main factors that matter is wack

Not really. It's different angles, but the fist consistantly seems comparable to the skull dome. As well as Kaido's flame dragon's curled body being consistently wider than the island from horn to horn.
I’m say it doesn’t matter if the two are portrayed as comparable when everything surrounding it is completely inconsistent.

the island is clearly portrayed smaller here than what we currently accept.

It really makes sense seems completely ok that Whitebeard marineford tsunami well he is smaller than a full onigashima horn
image.png

image.png

So basically we are saying that Onigashima horn's width is almost the size of a tsunami that is bigger than Marineford I guess the entirety of Marineford could have happened on that horn keep in mind that onigashima has 2 horns.

How does that makes sense?

It really makes sense seems completely ok that Whitebeard marineford tsunami well he is smaller than a full onigashima horn
image.png

image.png

So basically we are saying that Onigashima horn's width is almost the size of a tsunami that is bigger than Marineford I guess the entirety of Marineford could have happened on that horn keep in mind that onigashima has 2 horns.

All of this is incredulity

Your argument didn't even make sense
Is supposed to show you how big the scales are both of them were the place of a war and both of them are islands with a single building were an army lives but somehow a single horn of onigashima by the scales is bigger than entirety of marineford. The same horn that is just decorative.

image.png

image.png

I'm confused on how Marineford and Whitebeard was brought into this.

Yes and?
Marineford isn't that big. Onigashima is stated to be surrounded by mountain ranges. Even in canon it's considered bigger than entire mountains by the characters

image.png

image.png

It's well known that things in One Piece, such as big horns, and here me out on this...have absurd sizes, such as a horn being bigger than Marineford.

It's not new.

You saying it doesn't make sense because you don't like it is not a valid argument.

Things in one piece, such as big horns, and here me out on this...have absurd sizes, such as a horn being bigger than Marineford.
People to this day still stuck on sky island being the highest thing when Zunesha stands 10 kilometers taller

Also marineford has literally not a single thing to do with Onigashima. Why bring that up at all?
Why??? The space on the war Marineford the same war that had an Younkou vs the biggest marine base at that point. So are you telling me that its ok that White beard fleet with huge ships much bigger than Sunny by the way should somehow be smaller than a single horn from another younkous building? And thats ok? By the way Onigashima using the horn as a scale should be somewhere around space outside of the worlds atmosphere not just 10 or 30Km.

My point is the size of onigashima is wrong and it should be recalced not just the size of Luffy's fist we need a much more consistent size for Onigashima than a horn that is bigger than Marineford.

Why??? The space on the war Marineford the same war that had an Younkou vs the biggest marine base at that point. So are you telling me that its ok that White beard fleet with huge ships much bigger than Sunny by the way should somehow be smaller than a single horn from another younkous building? And thats ok? By the way Onigashima using the horn as a scale should be somewhere around space outside of the worlds atmosphere not just 10 or 30Km.

My point is the size of onigashima is wrong and it should be recalced not just the size of Luffy's fist we need a much more consistent size for Onigashima than a horn that is bigger than Marineford.
Brother your inability to believe that Onigashima is larger than MF is not a relevant point whatsoever. It is pure incredulity. If you wanna argue MF is comparable in size, grab a scan or sumn that states that. Although I doubt one exists.

Saying the immense size of something, in a world where everything is so super-sized it'd give McDonald's a run for their money, "doesn't feel right" is not a valid argument.

Not really. It's different angles, but the fist consistantly seems comparable to the skull dome. As well as Kaido's flame dragon's curled body being consistently wider than the island from horn to horn
EVERYTHING regarding these panels is inconsistent. Including the fist. Just because the fist continuously looks big doesn't matter, when EVERYTHING in these panels consistently looks big despite us knowing they're much smaller when drawn normally. Luffy's fist couldn't even dwarf Flaming Kaido narratively speaking.

Brother your inability to believe that Onigashima is larger than MF is not a relevant point whatsoever. It is pure incredulity. If you wanna argue MF is comparable in size, grab a scan or sumn that states that. Although I doubt one exists.
Its not about onigashima being bigger than marineford its being massively bigger than marineford like at least 20 times.
Saying the immense size of something, in a world where everything is so super-sized it'd give McDonald's a run for their money, "doesn't feel right" is not a valid argument.
A lot of scans here were shown that prove the onigashima size its very and completely inconsistent including one time with king being almost the size of one horn.
My problem is that somehow wasnt enought for you to think better about about it. My comparison with Marineford is an attemp to make you think that maybe those number might not make sense.

OP and his group: Don't give enough reasons to disregard the calc, and have no staff agreeing with them.

OP and his group: Welp, we win, let's disregard the calc.
I was all for waiting for the anime but King apparently doesn't know how the One Pice anime canon works

Also I just got here and OP sucks at making his arguments

We aren't disregarding shit all because you wanna wait for a tertiary source to "clarify"
" In terms of canon material, this wiki deems the manga as the primary canon. The anime is considered secondary canon on a case by case basis"
"Since we have confirmation that Oda approves certain scenes in the anime, we've decided to take the anime as canon in the areas where it perfectly or similarly represents the manga"

IE it's canon unless it's completely different from what's shown in the manga
IE it can be used

You argument against using the anime doesn't work in this case

That’s entirely irrelevant. Onigashima could be 1000x bigger, 1.1x bigger, etc etc etc etc. you saying “woah I can’t believe it’s so big” isn’t an argument, it’s incredulity
You are the one that needs an argument explain to me why is a horn the size of king any less relieable than calcing like 5 different scans different objects to reach a absurd measure? At least the one with king is a single panel and not you somehow thinking it makes sense for a person that has tons of inconsistent sizes having magically hit the right sizes in 4 to 5 different panels.

I was all for waiting for the anime but King apparently doesn't know how the One Pice anime canon works
I'm the one who made the standards on the anime canon, please check yourself.

The anime wasn't even allowed to be used for supporting canon before I came along.

Go take a week to research where half that verse page you're quoting came from. It came from me.

We take it with a grain of salt when the manga gives a perfect alternative.

We don't use the anime to counter pixelscaling of inconsistent scans. I don't know who told you that bullshit but they lied to you

I'm the one who made the standards on the anime canon, please check yourself.

The anime wasn't even allowed to be used for supporting canon before I came along.

Go take a week to research where half that verse page you're quoting came from. It came from me.
This is relevant to our conversation how?
We take it with a grain of salt when the manga gives a perfect alternative.
Far from perfect but go off
We don't use the anime to counter pixelscaling of inconsistent scans. I don't know who told you that bullshit but they lied to you
We do this with nearly every verse on the site that has an anime, this is how we get official timeframes for tons of calculation for verses

If the anime has more consistent sizes and it follows the manga's order of events then we use the anime, that's how it's always been and I don't see why One Piece is an exception to this

This is relevant to our conversation how?

Far from perfect but go off

We do this with nearly every verse on the site that has an anime, this is how we get official timeframes for tons of calculation for verses

If the anime has more consistent sizes and it follows the manga's order of events then we use the anime, that's how it's always been and I don't see why One Piece is an exception to this
Too bad, One Piece's anime was so disconnected from the manga that the anime wasn't even allowed to be used until, again, I came along, and revised that

Just like we do with other manga like Yu Yu Hakusho

Timeframes and sizes are not the same

We won't use the anime's pixelscaling. Simple.

Too bad, One Piece's anime was so disconnected from the manga that the anime wasn't even allowed to be used until, again, I came along, and revised that

Just like we do with other manga like Yu Yu Hakusho
We don't use Yu Yu hakusho because it has wildly different feats in the anime over the manga, this is a moot point

Also good job that you made it to where the One Piece anime could be used for scaling, it's because of that that we can now have this conversation
Timeframes and sizes are not the same

We won't use the anime's pixelscaling. Simple.
I guarantee you that when it comes out in the anime and we get an official timeframe for the calc there will be 50 CRT's trying to upgrade the calc and I'm sure you'll change your mind then

Regardless YOU don't get to decide whether we can use it or not, that is up to the community
So please stop commenting as if your the only person who's opinion matters

We will decide when the anime releases what to do with it

Because no one says that island can't be smaller except for you.

Luffy's fist couldn't even dwarf Flaming Kaido narratively speaking.
It's not meant to. That attack was supposed to be its match. Kaido's own dragon body inside it is portrayed different sizes. Again, smaller objects matter less in the grand scheme of comparing ISLANDS. That's just Oda's art style.

The story goes out of its way to show that Bajrang Gun is meant to be so massive that it could easily destroy Onigashima with one go.

We don't use Yu Yu hakusho because it has wildly different feats in the anime over the manga, this is a moot point
Damn, sorta like One Piece
Also good job that you made it to where the One Piece anime could be used for scaling, it's because of that that we can now have this conversation
no, I made it to where the One Piece anime could be used for very strict support
I guarantee you that when it comes out in the anime and we get an official timeframe for the calc there will be 50 CRT's trying to upgrade the calc and I'm sure you'll change your mind then
Who do you think I am, an upgrade freak?
I make sure yall follow the rules in place

I didn't even give a damn about this thread till yall started talking about how the anime was more valid than the manga
Regardless YOU don't get to decide whether we can use it or not, that is up to the community
So please stop commenting as if your the only person who's opinion matters

We will decide when the anime releases what to do with it
"Up to the community" from what it sounds like you're trying to force the calc away until the anime comes to swoop it up.

And no. It's not up to the community. It's up to the standards, and when the standards have strict rules on using the anime for one piece, we follow the standards.

You don't like it? Change the standards. Don't act as if you understand the standards when you clearly don't.

The standards and your assumptions on them are far from similar.

"All other verses do this" not One Piece
"We do this with nearly every verse on the site that has an anime" not One Piece
"This is how we get official timeframes for tons of calculation for verses" timeframes and sizes are not the same, and there's even times where we don't use the anime's timeframes

You are the one that needs an argument explain to me why is a horn the size of king any less relieable than calcing like 5 different scans different objects to reach a absurd measure? At least the one with king is a single panel and not you somehow thinking it makes sense for a person that has tons of inconsistent sizes having magically hit the right sizes in 4 to 5 different panels.
The Horn isn't the size of King.
King is drawn bigger.

If we go by your logic, Ushi is the size of a town on Pica's arc. Zoro is the size of a two story house compared to Pica as well. And King (Who's 6 meters) is barely twice as big as Zoro.
Oda shows ridiculous sizes based on statements or initial portrayal, then makes them fit the action. I can grab you a dozen instances of that but it's pointless because you'd brush it off anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back