• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Gomu Gomu no Bajrang Gun reconsideration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you not read what I said? Kaido's flame dragon is not all that much larger than Kaido's body, so being able to fit Luffy's fist in his mouth is quite telling considering Kaido is more consistently shown being nowhere near as big as the island. To say "the fist is still shown being as big as the island" is quite literally going circular and ignoring the entire point.
Still, gonna disagree, for reasons likes this
It can be inconsistent in exact size doesn't mean that it isn't consistently comparable to the island

Ok, I disagree with this since it was shown to be many times larger than Kaido (as Kaido himself easily fit inside it).

Still agree with the OP
It's larger than his body, yes. But not large enough compared to it ( As seen. ) to supposedly make him anywhere near as big as the island considering Kaido's normally and more consistently depicted size.

Sorry to disappoint you, but that's already been addressed.
how-do-we-tell-him-mr-krabs.gif

After looking at some manga scans, switching to disagreeing with the OP.

Like Kingtempest and Kachon123 have stated, the Dragons are consistently stated to be shown with inconsistent sizes.

Nothing takes away from the fist size itself.

After Kaido is beaten, we see Dragon Momo loom over the city and he is massive, almost as big as when Kaido first when Dragon in his first fight with Luffy. He's clearly meant to be shown as huge.

After Kaido is beaten, we see Dragon Momo loom over the city and he is massive, almost as big as when Kaido first when Dragon in his first fight with Luffy. He's clearly meant to be shown as huge.

While Momotsuke does appear quite big in that panel, like Kaido during his first appearence, I doubt that makes their size even close to that of the island. Kaido's head didn't appear all that big when Gear 4 Luffy punched him, and Momotsuke is thinner than the bigger building in the center. And even then, those are the very high-end sizes that have very little consistency. Normally both Kaido and Momotsuke are depicted as much smaller, so we should go with the more consistent sizes. And given the more consistent sizes, being able to fit Luffy's fist in his jaws, even in his flaming cloak, would be an anti-feat for Luffy. On top of that, wasn't Dragon Kaido more consistently dwarfed by the mountains on Onigashima's top during the battle on top of the island? Which on their own regard are heavily dwarfed by the island.

While the dragon sizes are inconsistent, again, so is the size of Luffy's fist inconsistent. Nothing on these panels has consistency, and nothing on them is meant to scale.

Last edited:
Worst case scenario I feel like we take the shots of the fist that have the island and view and average it. Although I doubt that’d change the value much at all since the fist is consistently comparable to the island tbh
Why don't we just remove the calc until the anime clears things up?

What we've established here is that the size of the fist is inconsistent, therefore we can't pick and choose paneling as we desire to get larger results

The calc is also just there to support High 6-A and nothing of value will be lost by removing it for the time being

The anime is gonna make us re-do it anyway so why bother?

Worst case scenario I feel like we take the shots of the fist that have the island and view and average it. Although I doubt that’d change the value much at all since the fist is consistently comparable to the island tbh
I think you underestimate just how much size amplifies volume, and with this mass. If we were to, say, half the size of Luffy's fist, the calc goes down all the way to country-large country level, and I'm not even making this up. Just throwing this out there.

Last edited:
I think you underestimate just how much size amplifies volume, and with this mass. The mass of the fist goes down with a tripple digit number. If we were to, say, half the size of Luffy's fist, the feat goes down all the way to country-large country level, and I'm not even making this up. Personally did the calc. So averaging the size alone will be a big deal.
Mass is proportional to size which is proportional to length cubed. Halving a length makes the size and thus mass 1/8. I’m aware of how this works.

Why wait for the anime to show us what we see in the manga… it’s not like we are dealing with a vague feat that only has the context of a single panel. Waiting for the horrifically slow OP anime to catch up is stupid

What we've established here is that the size of the fist is inconsistent, therefore we can't pick and choose paneling as we desire to get larger results

The calc is also just there to support High 6-A and nothing of value will be lost by removing it for the time being

The anime is gonna make us re-do it anyway so why bother?
And for everybody else, we don't need the anime for shit.

The anime is damn near tertiary canon with our rules and restrictions on using certain parts of the anime, stop acting like it takes priority.
Lately you guys have been using the anime more than the manga and every time the manga shows something you don't like, "the anime shows this".
Regarding the canon: In terms of canon material, this wiki deems the manga as the primary canon. The anime is considered secondary canon on a case by case basis. In the case of anime, it contradicts statements, feats, personalities, and abilities of characters in many cases. This happens with censorship, filler content in canon material, and pacing. Since we have confirmation that Oda approves certain scenes in the anime, we've decided to take the anime as canon in the areas where it perfectly or similarly represents the manga, and the scenes not shown in the manga that are represented in the anime will be deemed as filler. It was decided in this thread.
We
Aren't
Waiting
For
The
Anime

Rare KT W.
Anyway yeah this seems pretty hypothetical and I don't think there's much solid reasoning for the size to be reduced right now.

I have to agree with the OP the sizes are very inconsistent example some of
image.png

this small hills are calced to be at least 1km high during that same calculation but here they are very considerable smaller

We actually have todays episode of one piece in it we see sometimes where momonosuke can fit in a single room inside onigashima and then we have something like this
image.png

We have times where kaidou and momonosuke fight
image.png

Where both Dragons seem almost irrelevant to the size of onigashima nad then this
image.png

Where momonosuke is comparable to the complete island
We have this were king seems comparable to the same 3km horn
image.png

image.png

As you can see the size changes a lot throught the multiple fights also im pretty sure they opened multiple holes though the same side of the skull of onigashima which doesnt make any sense

Yeah. Literally EVERYTHING is inconsistent and not to scale in these chapters, including Luffy's fist and even the island to an extend. By the same logic used for Luffy's fist we can make ANYONE a kilometer big. Luffy's fist has shown good levels of inconsistency as well, and Kaido's jaw could fit it despite Kaido's normal and more consistent size being completely dwarfed by the island.

Last edited:
Holy shit people are STILL comparing other people to Luffy's fist, when said people are completely irrelevant and aren't as consistent as Luffy's fist is.
This whole post is about how inconsistent it is there were multiple scans
Eh, on second thought it'd be disingenuous to just 'yes' away. We get several shots where the fist is still comparable to the island.
Screenshot_30.png
Screenshot_31.png
Screenshot_32.png
Screenshot_34.png

And only ONE where it isn't, and even then it's mostly due to it being obscured by Kaido's flame body. And Kaido's flaming body also seems bigger than the island in all three shots it's in. Smaller sizes like Momo/Kaido are just artistic zoom ins and they're extremely common in One Piece/Oda's art style. The bigger objects are what matter most for scale imo.
Screenshot_35.png

Is there visual inconsistency? Yes. But is it so severe that the calc itself is invalid? Probably not.
Using the widest clearest shot is for the best. But again, if the majority wanna wait on the anime I'm not against it.
Showing that the fist size is inconsistent then i used even more scans for the inconsistent size of onigashima
We actually have todays episode of one piece in it we see sometimes where momonosuke can fit in a single room inside onigashima and then we have something like this
image.png

We have times where kaidou and momonosuke fight
image.png

Where both Dragons seem almost irrelevant to the size of onigashima nad then this
image.png

Where momonosuke is comparable to the complete island
We have this were king seems comparable to the same 3km horn
image.png

image.png

As you can see the size changes a lot throught the multiple fights also im pretty sure they opened multiple holes though the same side of the skull of onigashima which doesnt make any sense
All relevant to the question since the fist size is calced using multiple scans of onigashima during the Wano arc. When i say multiple i mean multiple of different occasions
image.png

This here is the scans used to calc the horn of onigashima's size

Yeah no. Bajrang Gun being the only consistent thing with the island is a reason for it to not be touched. Everything else being inconsistent has no effect on the fist consistently being drawn that big in every panel EXCEPT for the one it's half obscured by Kaido's flame dragon.
Was gonna stay neutral but after reading through I disagree with the fist being touched because of everything smaller being portrayed in different sizes EXCEPT the fist and the island.

Showing that the fist size is inconsistent then i used even more scans for the inconsistent size of onigashima
Onigashima's never inconsistent. It's the characters.
Onigashima already has a super close up for scale to the Sunny, the teeth, the eyeball and then the dome. The island is fine. It's the dragons that are inconsistently drawn sometimes barely visible, sometimes not seen at all, other times as big as the mountains, etc..

The only two things that matter in this calc are the consistent size portrayal of the fist and the island to each other. Hell, Yamato eyeballed it and immediately said it could punch right through the island. It's clearly meant to be comparable to Onigashima based on size alone, so using the clearer shots is for the best. Using further shots that are constantly by Oda drawn inconsistently to show certain characters is nitpicking at best when you have far better close ups for scale.

Holy shit people are STILL comparing other people to Luffy's fist, when said people are completely irrelevant and aren't as consistent as Luffy's fist is.
To say everything except Luffy's fist is inconsistent is just cope. Luffy's fist is also shown being inconsistent and changing size heavily between panels. And we already established that Kaido could fit his fist in his mouth, and Kaido is consistently nowhere near the island in size.

That's massive cope. Luffy's fist is also shown being inconsistent, and has an anti-feat.
Where is the fist inconsistent to the island itself?
It's inconsistent to Kaido's jaws, but that can be the flame dragon itself unhinging from the fist pressing down. Plus Bajrang gun was mid-compression so it was smaller, just how Luffy's fists in Gear 4 shrink when compressed the unshrink when he punches.

Where is the fist inconsistent to the island itself?
It's inconsistent to Kaido's jaws, but that can be the flame dragon itself unhinging from the fist pressing down. Plus Bajrang gun was mid-compression so it was smaller, just how Luffy's fists in Gear 4 shrink when compressed the unshrink when he punches.
The fist changes size between panels a good amount, and that's clear. But for you to admit that Kaido's jaws can narratively fit the fist would suggest that the fist is indeed inconsistent and that flashy visual effects and not to scale panels aside Luffy's fist is not that big. There is also no mention of any compression happening.

Are y’all seriously making the argument that despite everything around it being inconsistent, Luffy’s fist isn’t inconsistent because… well, for no actual reason?

:cautious:

Yeah no. Bajrang Gun being the only consistent thing with the island is a reason for it to not be touched. Everything else being inconsistent has no effect on the fist consistently being drawn that big in every panel EXCEPT for the one it's half obscured by Kaido's flame dragon.
Was gonna stay neutral but after reading through I disagree with the fist being touched because of everything smaller being portrayed in different sizes EXCEPT the fist and the island.
What? How does that makes sense? if I draw my fist as bigger than a planet then its the planet that was bad scaled or my fist? Its the same thing because you compare one to another the size of the island depends on the way it was calced for example this one
image.png

If we use this scan to calc Onigashima's horn size we get something like 10 meters? Im doing with naked eye anyways the point is its nowhere near the 3km that the calc depends on, or maybe you rather have that King and Zoro become like 500 meters out of nowhere.
Like i showed you later the calc on onigashima's horn even usen one of the mountains
image.png

1011-004.png

Which going by this scans here should be way smaller than the 1km they claim to be.

Eh, on second thought it'd be disingenuous to just 'yes' away. We get several shots where the fist is still comparable to the island.
Screenshot_30.png
Screenshot_31.png
Screenshot_32.png
Screenshot_34.png
Look at this the fist becomes bigger then smaller and bigger again this cant be compression because compression doesnt change its size from bigger to smaller even when compared to the island itself sometimes seem to be smaller than onigashima and other times seem to be almost the same size or bigger.

Sure we can agree that the fist should be comparable to the island but whats the size of Onigashima really? Because there are multiple ways to reach that point the one used was using a bunch of scans calcing different parts or objects to reach its size if and you agreed on objects being inconsistently drawn why should we believe that the objects used to reach the size of onigashima are the right one considering we could just use the scan with King that i mentioned above? Because it doesnt make sense that Onigashima is that small? Then i could say the same thing about Onigashima being that big.

And now more specifically for the fist we can agree that his fist is somehow comparable to the size of onigashima but for how much? The concrete number is important to the calcing of its volume being comparable to the island could mean his fist has a margin of error in the hundreds from around 100 meters smaller than the island to 100 meters bigger than the island. Thats a considerable high margin of error

Onigashima's never inconsistent. It's the characters.
Onigashima already has a super close up for scale to the Sunny,
The sunny itself is inconsistent as hell (showing things which have canonical sizes as massively bigger then they actually are)
And also using the Sunny makes it several times smaller then it currently is accepted at
the teeth, the eyeball and then the dome.
These are just general features of the skull and do not have stated sizes to be used to scale the island (their sizes are instead based on other sizes)
The Islands general shape is pretty consistent but anything size wise is not

Are y’all seriously making the argument that despite everything around it being inconsistent, Luffy’s fist isn’t inconsistent because… well, for no actual reason?

:cautious:
It's not inconsistent because the fist and the island SPECIFICALLY are consistently portrayed to be similiar in size. That's like saying Zoro's pica cut is no longer valid because one panel his arm has towns on it and in another you can see Ushi which makes him the size of buildings. The used scaling should always be for the objects of focus, not everything else around them that's purposefully drawn bigger to know where they are.
Which going by this scans here should be way smaller than the 1km they claim to be.
Look at where Fulgora hit. It's at the temple of the dome, and the 1K hills are on the top. Those aren't even the same hills, Kid and Law were far lower.
Onigashima really?
The size of onigashima is the currently accepted size on the site. If you wanna debate that then make a CRT about it if you want it removed. Onigashima's size uses entirely different things.
Funny enough the island's size itself was recalced/redone multiple times BECAUSE we chose to wait for clearer up close shots instead of further ones depicting inconsistent sizes of hills and whatnot. It's almost like that's the exact reason Bajrang Gun uses the initially drawn closer shot and not every other one where the focus isn't the size dif between the island and the fist.

It's not inconsistent because the fist and the island SPECIFICALLY are consistently portrayed to be similiar in size. That's like saying Zoro's pica cut is no longer valid because one panel his arm has towns on it and in another you can see Ushi which makes him the size of buildings. The used scaling should always be for the objects of focus, not everything else around them that's purposefully drawn bigger to know where they are.

Look at where Fulgora hit. It's at the temple of the dome, and the 1K hills are on the top. Those aren't even the same hills, Kid and Law were far lower.

The size of onigashima is the currently accepted size on the site. If you wanna debate that then make a CRT about it if you want it removed. Onigashima's size uses entirely different things.
Funny enough the island's size itself was recalced/redone multiple times BECAUSE we chose to wait for clearer up close shots instead of further ones depicting inconsistent sizes of hills and whatnot. It's almost like that's the exact reason Bajrang Gun uses the initially drawn closer shot and not every other one where the focus isn't the size dif between the island and the fist.
It’s not just one panel though, basically everything involving those shots is completely inconsistent.

The sunny itself is inconsistent as hell (showing things which have canonical sizes as massively bigger then they actually are)
Doesn't matter. The sunny has a stated confirmed size.
The island's size is based off the sunny next to the entrance statue, next to the umbrella, scaled to the trees in the foreground/background and the dome that way. It uses a confirmed size (The Sunny) and scales everything else based on that.
Until Bajrang Gun or Onigashima have a confirmed size, the scaled size of the island is what's being used for the island itself and the fist compared to it.

It’s not just one panel though, basically everything involving those shots is completely inconsistent.
Not really. It's different angles, but the fist consistantly seems comparable to the skull dome. As well as Kaido's flame dragon's curled body being consistently wider than the island from horn to horn.

I'm leaning towards this.

Damage's Dressrosa size was accepted that way. Just multiple sizes and people agreed on one. Why not scale every onigashima/bajrang gun comparaison shot and pick the safest size.

Removing the entire calc despite the fist still being consistently compared to the island (regardless of minor changes) seems unnecessary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back