• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Revisions

Pretty funny considering the fact that Gecko Moria was more of a pain in the *** to defeat than Rob Lucci. Separate fighting styles I suppose. Luffys best at straight confrontations, but Moria was a tricky one.

Yeah ovo.

I portrayed the calc in my wall but I don't think it's accurate. It's so damn high even for a buffed Moriah.

It looks like even lowballing that puts it at 7-A ( as seen in the comment)

Seems still outlirish I guess but hey it's there I guess

The fact is that only Luffy fought Asgard Moriah and Luffy is resistant to blunt force trauma so I don't know if it's unaccurate since Luffy is highly resistant to Moriah's attacks.

And Thriller Bark Luffy is Low 7-B - 7-B with Gears. It isn't so outlierish in my opinion. He can ignore 7-A blunt force attacks. That's all.

Js250476 said:
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Stefano4444/Moriah_Splits_Thriller_BarkThere's also this calc of the feat ( no idea which is more accurate)
If Moria's AP is 6-C then the Yonko are at least HIGH 6-B by comparison. A good joke is its own reward. I can hear Doffy laughing.

One does not simply become Island level by laying around like a, what did Luffy call him? Fat onion.

Edit: Although a stronger than 7-C Moria is believable since he fought with Kaido and lived.

The thing is, we reach the conclusion that the feat that made base Luffy low 6-B, crocodiles sandstorm, was an outlier based on the fact that almost every other feat Luffy had was around the town level/ low town level range, and because Crocodile was so inconsistently portrayed that based the scaling on him was not a good idea.

Ercosore said:
The thing is, we reach the conclusion that the feat that made base Luffy low 6-B, crocodiles sandstorm, was an outlier based on the fact that almost every other feat Luffy had was around the town level/ low town level range, and because Crocodile was so inconsistently portrayed that based the scaling on him was not a good idea.
Pre time-skip Luffy Low 6-B. Wouldn't that be something. *Doffy chuckling*

Yeah, I just realized that is the same tier as Kuma's Urus Shock. Then again, considering that Kuma was able to fight Iva, I am sure Kuma himself is actually higher than that.

Calaca Vs said:
And Thriller Bark Luffy is Low 7-B - 7-B with Gears. It isn't so outlierish in my opinion. He can ignore 7-A blunt force attacks. That's all.
If Thriller Bark Luffy is just Low 7-B- 7-B with Gears, then what are the scales of the other Straw Hats for that arc?

So should Moriah be downgraded from Low 7-B, or upgraded based on the mountain level calc?

I'd say you're probably stronger than town level for breaking TB in half.

Well, base Moriah should be downgraded I think, since he scales from a base Luffy who is probably going to be low 7-C now. I am not sure what to do about SA Moriah though.

We talked about it a few hours ago, as I said, the reasoning behind it was that not only the feat was way to high compared to most of the feats the pre time skip strawhats scale to, it was also made by Crocodile, whos is not the most consistent character strength wise. Also I remember Damage having some problems with the calculation in itself, but you should ask him about that part.

I thought the Crocodile's feat that was way too high is the Sand Storm in Alubarna that isn't accepted.

Yes that is the one, it was, alabasta base Luffy is going to be scaled to Crocodile desert sparda which is 8-A if I recall correctly. Meanwhile base Luffy from skypie and onwards is going to be low 7-C based on his golden bell feat in skypies, and 7-C with gears because of Luccis Rokugan if I recall correctly

Thriller Bark Arc base Luffy is low 7-C, 7-C with gears. Though he should have noticably higher durability due to tanking multiple attacks from asguard Morriah. I'll admit Moriah is quite strong in asguard form, and is possibly HIGH 7-C if we're going by a calc which thought Moriah was 300 gigatons (6-C).

We know he's not 6-C simply because luffy beat him, and he'd be stronger than post time-skip Luffy.

What comes to mind for me is that Moriah has some off panel feats under his belt too.

1. He fought and escaped Kaido (probably before Yonko)

2. The World Government gave him title of War Lord.

Moriah did tire Luffy more than Rob Lucci did. There was a point in the arc when I wondered how the strawhats would win.

At most Moriah should break baseline HIGH 7-C with asguard.

Could Luffy's Giant Jet Shell (mixing gears) potentially be close to HIGH 7-C?

We have a calc putting Moriah at 7-A. I don't know where are the justification for High 7-C despite powerscaling.

Asgard Moriah doesn't need to buff Durability aswell. It could just be a buff AP wise.

Gear 2 Luffy is around 16.8 Kilotons, and even though he is stronger in gear 3 the fact that Lucci was able to tank G3 means the diference in power cant be that much, and Mixing gears is unquintifiable higher than that. So yeah, there isnt much justification for High 7-C Luffy.

Now regarding Moriah, did he managed to hit Luffy at any point? If not then having him at 7-A in just ap may not be a bad idea.

Calaca Vs said:
We have a calc putting Moriah at 7-A. I don't know where are the justification for High 7-C despite powerscaling.
Asgard Moriah doesn't need to buff Durability aswell. It could just be a buff AP wise.
So you're stating Asgard Moriah only AP = 7-A? He would've one-shotted Luffy if that were the case no?

I'd like to have input from Damage, Captain, or others on the matter as well.

Edit: If he were 7-A I wonder why other members put him as 7-B before. There's got to be something wrong with that 7-A calc.

Edit 2: The HIGH 7-C came from Asgard Moriah being superior to gear 2nd and 3rd Luffy seperately, and a combo of both gears were needed to defeat him. Though I suppose that alone wouldn't make him HIGH 7-C.

Calaca Vs said:
7-A Blunt Force. That'd only upgrade Luffy's resistance.
Alright well I'd be fine with that it makes sense going off the calc. Luffy's resistance goes up with Morriah's AP, so Morriah's pretty much a glass cannon. What does this mean for Kuma's AP? It was stated earlier that his calc as Low 7-B I think.

I think Kuma doesn't scale to Asgard Moriah. I don't see reasons to do so.

If he has his own calc then we should use it to justify his AP.

Asgard Moriah is a whole different thing and nobody but Luffy should scale to it. And that only scales to his resistance alone.

Back