• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Revisions

Perhaps you should make a blog listing all the feats, if it is going to be a very long list.

Yes, I guess. I'm making the list shorter but I think it's pretty big. I'll post the link later.

It isn't so neccesary but it's a suporting calc. Luffy rag-dolled him and even Kabaji can lift him with one hand.

It's important, yes.

I'll stick to East Blue and Arabasta for now because I need to re read the whole manga before.

I'm still waiting for Damage input in the WCA Luffy's thread. It seems he has something to say about it.

You can ask below when you have decided which feats that would be useful to get calculated for improved scaling: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1955985

These discussions will probably go on for a while Ant so that we can get a good overall consensus on the scaling to be used. If you want to focus on other things then we can notify you when we've reached a conclusion.

That is probably best, although when you reach over 450 posts, you need to start a new thread again.

Once I finished Arabasta I'll make a blog. I've found things that deserve to be added. Also we need a calc for Pre TS Luffy's range. In his profile is only linked the manga scan.

Captain Torch said:
Yep pretty much.
Luffy in Skypiea should be Low 7-C

Luffy in Enies Lobby is Low 7-C in base, 7-C in G2, and "higher" with Gear 3
Personally Enies Lobby's Luffy should be 7-C in Base as well.

Pre Time Skip Franky could took a baseline 7-C explosion an only suffer minor damage (beside the lack of skin, Franky treat his condition like it wasn't a big deal).

And even giving the benefit of the doubt, Franky was at most as strong as Base Luffy.

Wasn't that several arcs after Enies Lobby, Stefano?

Damage3245 said:
Wasn't that several arcs after Enies Lobby, Stefano?
We consider Pre-Timeskip Franky (from Water 7 to Summit War) as a single key, so the feat can be apply to his Enies Lobby version as well.

And Enies Lobby Franky <= Base Luffy.

Only Luffy, Sanji and Zoro doesn't a single composite key for their Pre Timeskip version but two:

- Alabasta to Skypiea Key.

- Water 7 to Thriller Bark Key.

While for their Summit War counterpart is incorporated intro the Water 7 to Thriller Bark Key.

Given that we have demonstrated characters can get stronger quickly from arc to arc, we shouldn't just treat a pre-timeskip character as a single unit and instead look to see if they have improved at all.

After all, Luffy is vastly different character (in terms of strength) from the East Blue Saga to the Marineford War.

Damage3245 said:
Given that we have demonstrated characters can get stronger quickly from arc to arc, we shouldn't just treat a pre-timeskip character as a single unit and instead look to see if they have improved at all.
With the expection of Luffy, Sanji and Zoro the entire Pre-Timeskip counterpart of the Straw Hats have always be treated as a single composite key, instead to be separated like with the Monster Trio.

And i do not think this line of logic can be apply with the likes of Franky or Brook.

They have only appears at the final part of the Pre-Timeskip (from Enies Lobby Saga to the Summit War Saga), they didn't have a lot of time to become far stronger unlike Sanji or Zoro.

And there was never explicitly stated or show Franky or Brook getting far stronger since their previous arc, so no there is no reason to think Franky at the beginning of the Timeskip should be far stronger than his Water 7 version, the same with Brook.

Still in the case of Nami and Usopp we could treat them like Sanji and Zoro (by giving them a key from East Blue Saga, an key for Alabasta Saga to Skypiea Saga and a key for Water 7 Saga to Thriller Bark Saga).

While i'm not sure about Nico Robin or Chopper as like Franky/Brook they haven't show any major improvement after each saga.

Damage3245 said:
After all, Luffy is vastly different character (in terms of strength) from the East Blue Saga to the Marineford War.
Luffy had his own East Blue Saga key thought.

Damage3245 said:

I agree.

Still speaking about keys, while exactly the Punk Hazard Arc is a separated key from the Dressrosa Arc when they're both from the same Saga?

I agree that the Fishman Island and Punk Hazard keys are probably superfluous. We should try to cut down on unnecessary keys when they don't add much.

Calaca Vs said:
If we have no evidence of a major improvement in the crew between arcs we could scale characters like the Monster trio to Franky.
Exactly, unless there is a clear jump of power or at least not a massive one, then certain versions of character A can be scaled to specific versions of character B (like Franky/Brook/Nico Robin to Luffy/Sanji/Zoro).

Damage3245 said:
I agree that the Fishman Island and Punk Hazard keys are probably superfluous. We should try to cut down on unnecessary keys when they don't add much.
Unless we decide to create new profiles for Post-Timeskip Luffy, Sanji and Zoro.

Like how it have done with Son Goku form his DBS version.

Something alse I noticed about Luffy´s profile is a lack of stats for G2/G3 withouth hardening. Then again considering that 90% of the time he uses them at the same time I can see why this is the case.

Unless we decide to create new profiles for Post-Timeskip Luffy, Sanji and Zoro.

Like how it have done with Son Goku form his DBS version.

Luffy should keep the Whole Cake key tho.

Damage3245 said:
Not sure about the Fishman Island key, despire the fact that Straw Hats didn't go all out, since it was still his own story saga, just like the Thriller Bark Saga.

But i agree with the Punk Hazard key, i think it should be combined with the Dressrosa Arc so to have the entire Dressorsa Saga in a single key instead of be divived in two parts.

Ercosore said:
Something alse I noticed about Luffy´s profile is a lack of stats for G2/G3 withouth hardening. Then again considering that 90% of the time he uses them at the same time I can see why this is the case.
If someone has an accurate scaling to G3 w/o Haki we need it. Perospero's Candy Wall depends of this, also Amande and Pedro's bombs aswell.

I personally think post time skip Luffy should only have 2 keys, one pre an post Katakuri fight, since that is the only moment post time skip that it was explicitly said that Luffy grew in power.

Calaca Vs said:
Luffy should keep the Whole Cake key tho.
Only for now, after all the Whole Cake Arc is only an part of the Yonkou Saga, which means until proven otherwise the cannot assume that there were major jumps of power between each Arcs (aka Wano Country Luffy should be as strong as he was during the Whole Cake Luffy).

In any case, I think we should focus on the pre time skip feats for now, since for us to fix Luffy´s post time skip kids we would pretty much need to re read all of his post time skip fights.

Ercosore said:
I personally think post time skip Luffy should only have 2 keys, one pre an post Katakuri fight, since that is the only moment post time skip that it was explicitly said that Luffy grew in power.
This.

I think we'll need a separate key for Whole Cake and Wano. I'm pretty sure Luffy'll get a powerup to beat Kaido.

Back