• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Revisions

I think the Storm vs La Spada is the only inaccurate. IIRC Luffy didn't overpower Crocodile's sand before.

Does anyone actually know which chapter Luffy kicking Crocodile's Desert Spada happened in?

9TailAcno said:
Downward stroke of lighting is 22,0000 mph and return stroke is
22,0000000 map(1/3 of speed of light)
Alright I found the article where you got that.

Mach 1 = 767.269 mph. 220,000/767.269 = Mach ~287. So lightning strikes downward at under Mach 300 which is Massively Hypersonic as Js250476 pointed out.

The upward stroke of lightning (the light itself) travels 220,000,000/767.269 = Mach ~287,000 (33% SoL)

Thanks. Chapter 209, yeah.

He overpowered it with his Gum-Gum Storm. Seeing as the Desert Spada has been calced to be Multi-City Block level, I wouldn't see anything wrong with rating Alabasta Arc Luffy as Multi-City Block level.

That might be a good starting point for rectifying Pre-Timeskip ratings.

Sounds good to me. I guess we can skip Skypiea since the antagonist there had powers inconsequential for Luffy. The next big boss for Luffy really was Lucci of Eneis Lobby right? What about the gear 3rd feats Luffy showed when destorying structures and ships. Has that ever been calced?

********* Luffy Gear 3rd

Gear 3rd
Gear 3rd

Gear Third
Gear Third

I heard about this being a town level feat.

Captain Torch said:
Luffy has a calc of his golden bell attack against enel, which resulted in small town. His Gears then would be town level via scaling to reject dial(Because Lucci's Rokyogan >= Reject Dial, as stated by himself) which is like 17 kilotons
Maybe if I repeat it for the 3rd time someone will notice?

For those interested, here is Luffy's Golden Bell feat (1.2 kilotons)

And here is the reject dial (16.8 kilotons)

Ercosore said:
Didnt Luffy had a Town level/ Small Town level feat in Skypiea?
Although, Enies Lobby Arc gear 3rd Luffy >>> Skypiea Arc base Luffy is obvious correct? If so...

Damage3245 said:
I doubt destroying that building was a Town level feat.
...how much more powerful is he with gear 3rd? Can we scale from Rob Lucci via power scaling?

We have a Town level feat for base in Skypiea. How strong is Gear 3rd in Enies Lobby?

Captain Torch said:
Maybe if I repeat it for the 3rd time someone will notice?
For those interested, here is Luffy's Golden Bell feat (1.2 kilotons)

And here is the reject dial (16.8 kilotons)
Thanks Torch. So Luffy is confirmed to be low 7-C by end of Skypiea, and 7-C by end of Water 7 correct?

Attack Potency Guide

Captain Torch said:
Yep pretty much.
Luffy in Skypiea should be Low 7-C

Luffy in Enies Lobby is Low 7-C in base, 7-C in G2, and "higher" with Gear 3
We don't know how many times stronger Luffy is in gear 3rd correct? I would guess it's not too much stronger than gear 2nd because Luffy would have one-shotted Rob Lucci with it. This means gear 3rd should still be below baseline High 7-C in Enies Lobby.

Gear2ndGandalf said:
Captain Torch said:
Yep pretty much.
Luffy in Skypiea should be Low 7-C

Luffy in Enies Lobby is Low 7-C in base, 7-C in G2, and "higher" with Gear 3
We don't know how many times stronger Luffy is in gear 3rd correct? I would guess it's not too much stronger than gear 2nd because Luffy would have one-shotted Rob Lucci with it. This means gear 3rd should still be below baseline High 7-C in Enies Lobby.
Yeah, he's just unquanitiably above 16.8 kilotons. Should still be in the Town level area.

After we finish overlooking the Enies Lobby Arc we should check the Thriller Bark Arc for Luffy's fight with Oars and Morria. During this arc we have to determine whether or not Nightmare Luffy's profile needs a downgrade as well as regular Luffy's profile.

********* Giant Jet Shell (Gear 2nd and 3rd Combined)

Giant Jet Shell
Giant

Giant Jet Shell Too
Jet Shell

Being Luffy's strongest attack up till this point in the story Giant Jet Shell combines gear 2nd & 3rd into one attack. Should such an attack remain below baseline High 7-C?

Unless there's a multiplier of sorts for Nightmare Luffy, then he's still somewhere around 7-C.

Luffy in Gear 2nd is 16.8 kilotons, while High 7-C begins only at 100 kilotons. Currently, as far as I know, there's no real feat putting Luffy that high.

I guess there is no point continuing Crocodile's discussion, everyone had made their own mind about the situation and i'm not going to waste anyone time.

Still i would then like to discuss another potential upgrade, this time from a guy called Man from Shadow, where in his blog has calculate two possible MHS feats in Skypiea Saga.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Js250476/SkyPiea_lighting_reaction_feats

Damage3245, you have commented before about Nami's feat but we never finish the debate while you haven't give your opinion about Luffy's feat.

Speaking about the new scaling, while no one in the Skypiea was trully capable to match Enel, it could still be possible to scale Skypiea Tiers to his El Thor?

Sanji have been able to survive a direct hit from a full El Thor, and while he didn't tank the attack he was still be able to remain briefly consciousness before fully passing out, and attack that was been calculated in OBD to be Town level.

And we have done this before, we did use the Desert Storm of Crocodile to scaling Luffy.

Ercosore said:
Did any character had any relevant feat in thriller bark?
I haven't seen any calcs. All I know is Giant Jet Shell is stronger than all gear 3rd based attacks by an unquantifiable amount, and I think GJS is Luffy's strongest physical attack before the timeskip as well.

Captain Torch said:
Unless there's a multiplier of sorts for Nightmare Luffy, then he's still somewhere around 7-C. Luffy in Gear 2nd is 16.8 kilotons, while High 7-C begins only at 100 kilotons. Currently, as far as I know, there's no real feat putting Luffy that high.
This makes since. 16.8 kilotons is a far stretch from 100 kilotons, so unless a stronger calc for pre-timeskip Luffy ever comes up it looks like 7-C will be his best. Even though Luffy's strongest pre-time skip attack Giant Jet Shell is much stronger unquantifiably. It's still probably nowhere near the 100 kilotons mark.

Stefano4444 said:
Wasn't Asgard Moria more like High 7-C? In virtue of split in half a chuck of Thriller Bark, specifically the part where his massive was built on.
I would find it strange for Luffy's AP to hang around 7-C for the rest of pre-time skip following Enies Lobby. But hey, 7-C is a big tier to scale.

Ercosore said:
Did any character had any relevant feat in thriller bark?
There was Shadow Asgard Moria who could split a portion of the island in half with a punch, and Gear 2nd Luffy that was able to took several of his physical strikes without been KO.

And there was Kuma's Ursus Shockwave, which blast was able to affect the entire island, an attack that everyone all Straw Hat had be able to survive, despire been weakened by their previous battle with Moria and Oars.

There was Shadow Asgard Moria who could split a portion of the island in half with a punch, and Gear 2nd Luffy that was able to took several of his physical strikes without been KO.

And there was Kuma's Ursus Shockwave, which blast was able to affect the entire island, an attack that everyone all Straw Hat had be able to survive, despire the fact been weakened by their previous battle with Moria and Oars.

Zoro and Sanji barely tanked it.

Calaca Vs said:
Zoro and Sanji barely tanked it.
Yes but they were already in bad conditions even before they fight started, the entire crew was both wounded and tired by their fight with Moria, they were not in peak condition.

And since Kuma only wanted Luffy meaning is likely made the attack just strong enough to knock the Straw Hats out without killing them, we can scale the Straw Hats with that Ursus Shock.

I was going say that Zoro took all Luffy's damage via Kuma's DF ability, but how strong does that make Zoro on top of all the damage he took himself before that?

********* Zoro vs Kuma

Ercosore said:
Wasn't Kuma's urus shock in the high end of 7-C/ lower end of high 7-C?. Then again everyone survived, even fodder survived that attack, so I am not sure if we can scale characters to that.
You are still talking about pirates from the Grand Line, one of them be the daugther of a Yonkou.

Arlong would be a fodder in the Grand Line, but he was still the strongest pirate in the East Blue.

Js250476 said:
According to the calc, Kuma at the end of Thriller Bark Arc is casually low 7-B? No wonder a tired Sanji and Zoro couldn't beat him. Also, no wonder the straw hats got wrecked by the copy and paste Pacifists in the Sabaody Archipelago Arc.

Stefano4444 said:
Not sure if that can be considered a durability feat, its more like an stamina/endurance feat.
So Zoro's stamina and durability should be above Luffy's in pre-time skip?

sorry if my tone was putting on airs I was simply trying to point out that pells fate was admitted by author to have been changed to survived after the fact as evidence to declare it as an outlier I am unaware if that was also the case for sakazuki from whitebeards rage I could look into that and the bit on perospero I was curious about is I was wondering if it was calced since sero seems to be listed at likely mountain level dura and the explosion took his arm.

If we calc Asgard Moriah spliting TB we can get a Luffy's Durability feat. He took two hits from AM. I know that Luffy is made of rubber and the blunt force doesn't applies equal than any other attacks but that means that Luffy's rubber body can withstand/ignore that AP when it's blunt force.

Back