• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Some people have apparently stated Zoro will most likely kill Loki.

Loki, in Ragnarok, dies in single combat with Heimdall. Heimdall is the son of the one-eyed Odin and the 9 Mothers. Zoro has one eye and, in his own 'Godly' state, wields 9 blades. Heimdall's sword is called Hǫfuð, or 'man-head,' and Zoro wields a blade with his head. Also, almost every Norse God is an alcoholic, like Zoro.

However, I don't think Zoro is represented by Heimdall. If we're going by the mythology, there's a very specific interpretation I want to look at, if we want to do the Ragnarok interpretation, which we SHOULD, considering the foreshadowing of a felling of Yggdrasil, and Luffy and the group killing 'gods.'

Odin took his eye out himself. Luffy stabbed himself in the face, directly beneath his eye. Odin's final fight is with Fenrir. This could also be Zoro, but probably not.

Obviously Shanks is Tyr, who famously sacrificed his arm in Fenrir's jaw, which could be analogized to him assisting Luffy.

Nami is probably Thor. Obviously. Could be Zoro tho.

However, Zoro is most likely Freyr, who has a sword that can fight on its own if the wielder is wise, or something. He's killed by Surtr in Ragnarok because he gave up his sword due to a giantess he fell in love with, and since Zoro would not do that, he'd probably not die. He has, however, given up a sword to a woman from a family of tall-ass dudes, but he received Enma after that.

Sanji is Baldr. Baldr is essentially invincible, to a degree where the gods had a pastime of hurling objects at him to see what would happen, but for a very specific object, mistletoe, which Loki uses to defeat him, making a spear from it and giving it to his brother, blind and unable to tell what he held, to throw at Baldr. Mistletoe, in modern mythology, represents love, Sanji's greatest weakness. In some accounts, light literally shines off of him, akin to Sanji in Diable Jambe.

But with that all in mind, who is Heimdall?

Heimdall's sword is "Man-Head." Someone who uses "a man's head" to fight, is using his brain. His mothers are sometimes shown portrayed similar to the sea, and one of the Straw Hats has a mom whose name roughly translates to "wharf" or "dock" from what I've read. He's known for especially potent sight, hearing, and foresight, like an Observation Haki user. He carries a horn that can be heard in all worlds, and one Straw Hat is especially loud. He's good with runes, which could be an object lying around that someone could learn to use.

Usopp kills Loki.
Also, Loki(god, Norse) and Usopp(god, Dressrossan) are both tricksters, so there's a parallel.

Yo guys I just thought of a really cool end game attack for Gear 5. It's pretty straightforward, Luffy basically stretches his fist back all the way to the sun, let's the flames of the sun coat his fist (which is protected with Haki) and shoots his towards the enemy at highspeed (it's basically the Gear 5th equivalent of Red Hawk but he uses the flames of the sun instead of just the normal flames he generates). I was thinking that It could maybe have Phoenix since it's a divine bird, or maybe you guy's have something else for it.

I think there should be a scene at the end of the final war where everyone's fighting something, presumably monsters summoned by Im, and Luffy clears through, with everyone boosting him up, kinda like that one attack from that movie, except instead of his crew, it's them and the other people he's met along the way, like Katakuri creating a bouncepad, Momonosuke becoming a pathway, Sabo forming a shield behind him, Buggy levitating himself over to carry him, and Kid creating a bridge directly to Im, all allowing him to deliver one last punch directly into its face.

Big Mom is the best-written (main) antagonist post-timeskip. Far above Kaido and a bit above Doffy.
i think was used very very well in Whole Cake. As a pretty contained arc, it had alot of moving parts in it, and although she was technically the big main bad, she served as a great catalyst to alot of Sanji action even when she wasn't actively influencing the story. However to counter this, I think she was a useless addition to Wano and made the arc more bloated than it had to be, and while we did get to see her fight and she was definitely menacing, I think she worked WAAAYY better in Whole Cake, and I genuinely don't care for anything she ever did in Onigashima/Wano.

I get Oda was gearing to move on from the old generation of Emperors, so that Luffy and Blackbeard could replace them (which was a great idea, mind you), i just don't really like the way she stumbled into an already super bloated arc. Her losing her memories briefly was definitely the worst decision Oda made regarding her IMO.

Apparently this is a hot take due to all the subreddits I'm seeing pop up while trying to read memes: Wano was good. I don't care that they kept bringing up Oden, he was a relevant character. I don't care that they kept bringing up Nika in Egghead, that was a relevant character.
I feel like it was overly talked about...or maybe is because of the slow pace of wano made me hate it, maybe I should re-watch it, but man has my opinion of it being weirded out about it.

i think was used very very well in Whole Cake. As a pretty contained arc, it had alot of moving parts in it, and although she was technically the big main bad, she served as a great catalyst to alot of Sanji action even when she wasn't actively influencing the story. However to counter this, I think she was a useless addition to Wano and made the arc more bloated than it had to be, and while we did get to see her fight and she was definitely menacing, I think she worked WAAAYY better in Whole Cake, and I genuinely don't care for anything she ever did in Onigashima/Wano.

I get Oda was gearing to move on from the old generation of Emperors, so that Luffy and Blackbeard could replace them (which was a great idea, mind you), i just don't really like the way she stumbled into an already super bloated arc. Her losing her memories briefly was definitely the worst decision Oda made regarding her IMO.
I think Big Mom as a character was good in Wano as well—genuinely enjoyed her dynamic with Kaido—but I 100% agree introducing her in an already massive arc wasn't the best decision on Oda's part.

Her fight with Kidd and Law was also weird. In WCI, she made the homies absolutely huge sometimes, but she never tried enhancing their size in Onigashima for some reason. And obviously she didn't use ACoA or ACoC on them a lot.
Also this is a strange, unrelated gripe, but she was a bit of a douche to Zeus in Wano.

Back