• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

1104-012.png

Why isn't this on Franky's profile? Dude was fine a couple pages later.

Are you sure that's not perspective? We see Lucci’s legs in both upper right and lower panels and his stance is the same in both, and neither of his legs portray any kind of movement or motion.
It's his hands and stuff that's moving back from the clash, the same way his hand and zoros swords were moving back against the clash with 2 sword zoro
The difference is that Lucci isn't making an offensive action in the previous panel, he's simply defending himself. They aren't “clashing” directly, as they did in that panel.

Just like, say, a boxer putting his guard up to ward off another boxers blows.
So you are basically saying zoro is somehow hitting/clashing the air

Wow... Bro actually ignored everything and focused on one little lightning spark... The same scan zoro is not seen in buso.
Which is extremely inconsistent. Oda makes frequent artistic errors. That's also not the only lightning spark, you can see one right above it.

No other instance. Proof? (you about to show the scan of him visably not using buso)
You're just ignoring everything I'm saying so I'm not going to continue this argument. You're hyper focusing on one panel and I assume you're saying this panel is proof of him not using haki when he has his KoH flames and the very next page shows him using haki. Reading comprehension is dead.

You're just ignoring everything I'm saying so I'm not going to continue this argument. You're hyper focusing on one panel and I assume you're saying this panel is proof of him not using haki when he has his KoH flames and the very next page shows him using haki. Reading comprehension is dead.
😴 There's a reason why zoro is clowning him and not the one who was heavy breathing the whole fight and the one who's explicitly stronger... I'm listening to zoro, you're argument is way more inconsistent and makes no sense with everything that happened, I'm also going to believe my interpretation way more than believing you because of past records as well 🤷‍♂️
Which is extremely inconsistent. Oda makes frequent artistic errors. That's also not the only lightning spark, you can see one right above it.

The imgur just showed Zoro with three swords style no buso with enma smoke overpowering lucci, and then showed buso with enma smoke with a little bit of haki sparks from one of his sword (I hope the digital colored draws KOH zoro with green and black lightning and red and black with buso), then showed 2 sword style haki zoro overpowering base haki lucci

Last edited:
It's his hands and stuff that's moving back from the clash, the same way his hand and zoros swords were moving back against the clash with 2 sword zoro
except his hand isn't really moving the same way at all. When Zoro and Lucci clash, you can see Lucci's hand visibly recoil backwards, to the point where it moves to his side.

On the second page, Lucci's hand is very much entirely in front of his body. He's blocking the hits, and the hits that ARE impacting him aren't enough to force his hands away from the front.

So you are basically saying zoro is somehow hitting/clashing the air
No no. I'm saying hits are hitting Lucci's ARMS as he raises them to block Zoro's slashes. He's not clashing against his claws here (or else Lucci claws would be facing toward Zoro) rather, Zoro is launching attacks and Lucci is deflecting/blocking said attacks.

Basically it's not a clash of "offense" vs "offense" like in the first image. It's "offense" being used against "defense".

No no. I'm saying hits are hitting Lucci's ARMS as he raises them to block Zoro's slashes. He's not clashing against his claws here (or else Lucci claws would be facing toward Zoro) rather, Zoro is launching attacks and Lucci is deflecting/blocking said attacks.

Basically it's not a clash of "offense" vs "offense" like in the first image. It's "offense" being used against "defense".
With what Lucci is saying, this just isn't true, Lucci is the one trying to kill, Zoro is the one trying to stall.

It definitely is a clash of offensive vs offensive until he got overpowered and got to the defense when getting hit in the head it seems
except his hand isn't really moving the same way at all. When Zoro and Lucci clash, you can see Lucci's hand visibly recoil backwards, to the point where it moves to his side.

On the second page, Lucci's hand is very much entirely in front of his body. He's blocking the hits, and the hits that ARE impacting him aren't enough to force his hands away from the front.
The middle panel, the clash is right above zoro... Which would mean that's where Lucci's hand were and then weren't, and it's definitely an attack to zoro since it's clash was above his head and it makes no sense for Lucci to have outpaced zoro and clashed his swords above zoro... Bottom panel Lucci's hand clashed with zoro's sword slash and then is no where near it
Zoro-Vs-Lucci.png

Idk why this is even being argued, there's no proof Zoro used adv con haki or KOH to defeat Lucci.

I'm not going to be wasting my time with this argument anymore because your just ignoring everything I'm saying in favor of your own bias interpretation.
cool... redirecting the things you are doing
I'm not. Your the one reading with agenda goggles. I'm not going to be wasting my time with this argument anymore because your just ignoring everything
I'm the one ignoring when I'm Including the whole fight, all past records of Zoro, KOH Zoro and Past haki feats? Ok buddy, you the one bring new shit to something that's never been confirmed.

I'm the one ignoring when I'm Including the whole fight, all past records of Zoro, KOH Zoro and Past haki feats? Ok buddy, you the one bring new shit to something that's never been confirmed.
Please overrate Lucci's feats and ignore the fact he got 9 scars from one hit by CoA Santoryu Zoro like the rest of the people on this forum

I'm not making up anything. Lucci matched Buso Zoro several times and fought Gear 5 Luffy.

I'm not making up anything. Lucci matched Buso Zoro several times and fought Gear 5 Luffy.
Fought gear 5 luffy while zoro is saying he doesn't have the strength to even get a shot of fighting luffy, something even Lucci himself didn't deny
Lucci matched Buso Zoro several times
Several times is just cap, there are no explicit proof of even just one... While there are 2 explicit proof of zoro with no haki clashing with Lucci, one where he gets overpowered and the other where they stalemate

while adv arm haki is possible, zoro usually uses that for his Iai attacks... So it's more like to be just a potent basic buso haki usage

I’m still tryna figure when the hell zoro used advanced armament. 😑
combining his will with his blade is an adv buso Haki technique
ONE-PIECE-magazine-Vol-10-p019-RE-ONE-PIECE-PART-1.jpg

■ARABASTA-

鉄を斬る剣の極意

●ゾロの師•コウシロウの教えでは、最強の剣とは「守りたいものを守り、斬りたいものを斬る力」だと言う。鉄をも斬れる剣で何も斬らないという、謎かけのような極意だが、ワノ国にはこれに似た教えが存在する。「良い刀は斬りたい時に鉄をも斬り、斬りたくない時は紙すら斬れぬ!それは剣士の心一つ!!」————これは、ワノ国の侍が、刀身に覇気を纏わせる際の極意だ。

巻二十一/第194話

巻九十三/第939話
—————————————————————
ARABASTA

The Art of the Iron-Slaying Sword

According to the teachings of Koshiro, Zoro's master, the strongest sword is "the power to protect what you want to protect and cut what you want to cut. This is an enigmatic maxim, but there is a similar teaching in Wanokuni. A good sword can cut iron when it wants to, but it cannot even cut paper when it does not want to! It is only the mind of the swordsman! ---- This is the secret of the samurai of Wanokuni, when they clothe their blades in Haki.

Volume 21 / Episode 194

Volume 93 / Episode 939

Was this just not normal buso? Also when was it established that combining your will with your blade is an adv buso technique?
read the texts... Goken = Strong blade/Mighy blade, is "the power to protect what you want to protect and cut what you want to cut. That's literally what zoro learn't to do in that fight...

Which is a similar teaching in Wanokuni. A good sword can cut iron when it wants to, but it cannot even cut paper when it does not want to! It is only the mind of the swordsman! ---- This is the secret of the samurai of Wanokuni, when they clothe their blades in Haki.

the teaching in wano is that
0939-012.png
0939-013.png
0939-014.png

Sheesh they explicitly explain it in the manga

read the texts... Goken = Strong blade/Mighy blade, is "the power to protect what you want to protect and cut what you want to cut. That's literally what zoro learn't to do in that fight...

Which is a similar teaching in Wanokuni. A good sword can cut iron when it wants to, but it cannot even cut paper when it does not want to! It is only the mind of the swordsman! ---- This is the secret of the samurai of Wanokuni, when they clothe their blades in Haki.

the teaching in wano is that
0939-012.png
0939-013.png
0939-014.png

Sheesh they explicitly explain it in the manga
Ok I see now.

Alabasta. I know this was explained before, but that shit is crazy to me. He could have killed Enel, Crocodile, etc. He's him.
Yee if he utlized his Iai techniques and Goken usage he could’ve done similar stuff to what he did to Kuma (tho do heavy amount damage)

Back