• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Lucci vs. Zoro and Sanji? No thanks. I can already see all the slander Zoro would get if that were to happen.

Plus, it's better to make Lucci finally understand that the Straw Hats are a Yonko crew now and not the same crew he and CP9 fought in Enies Lobby if Zoro demolishes him solo.

Zoro hasn't beaten Lucci yet and already he's acknowledged the Straw Hats as a Yonko crew :LOL:

G5 is an amp, size amp is another one, haki is another one, etc, etc.
... No shit?
Because the people who wrote that don't have a vs debater mentality, for them G5 is G5 at all points, we are the ones who have to distinguish different amps that are at play to base our scaling on.
I mean saying they don't have a vs debater mentality isn't the best way to put it, I'm not talking about the amps that gear 5th can do, I'm talking just gear 5 is (from what I currently know) above any gear 4

I see it as "G5 is a jack-of-all trades boost, and can specialize itself to surpass G4 with other techniques."
Ok, look here, look, listen. Your evil, atrocious, and downright criminal mentalities are plaguing this fine community.
  • Luffy deflects a bolo breath without any amps.
  • Luffy recovers from every bolo breath without lasting damage.
  • Luffy takes an amped strike from Hassaikai with relatively minimal damage, despite not using any form of Haki.
  • He does it again, again and again, and only gets a few cuts.
  • Most notably, Kaido doesn't just get used to his strikes like he did before and eventually start taking them with minimal blood loss and pain, he always reels from that shit.
Barring certain techniques, Snakeman and Boundman could not do that shit to that level after Kaido augmented his Haki (I must stress this, because some of you are probably gonna be like 'what about the clash with base Luffy?', even when he claps every one of Luffy's stronger forms like 5 minutes later anyway), despite literally being made of Haki.

G4 < unamped G5 < G4 with certain techniques (i.e, Over-Kong Gun) < G5 with certain techniques.

IIRC, this is even confirmed in a guide book page somewhere.

Last edited:
Ok, look here, look, listen. Your evil, atrocious, and downright criminal mentalities are plaguing this fine community.
  • Luffy takes an amped strike from Hassaikai with relatively minimal damage, despite not using any form of Haki.
  • Most notably, Kaido doesn't just get used to his strikes like he did before and eventually start taking them with minimal blood loss and pain, he always reels from that shit.
Barring certain techniques, Snakeman and Boundman could not do that shit to that level after Kaido augmented his Haki (I must stress this, because some of you are probably gonna be like 'what about the clash with base Luffy?', even when he claps every one of Luffy's stronger forms like 5 minutes later anyway), despite literally being made of Haki.

G4 < unamped G5 < G4 with certain techniques (i.e, Over-Kong Gun) < G5 with certain techniques.
My thoughts have completely changed, I remember this, the Bajrang Gun level LS, and this.

Deflected one in base, and he took one before he learned advanced Haoshoku in G4th which he cliffs in base now
He was doing that prior to even stronger attacks
Took a far stronger one in base. Not an interesting feat.
Cause of his elastic body that stops him from taking this much damage. Luffy went blow for blow with Kaido and took the same hits if not far more to a much further extent from a stronger Kaidou.
Cause Kaidou was stated to have been getting weaker.
Because Kaidou has stronger drunk forms, forms he failed to use against G5th, forms that when he started to use against Gear 5th, pressured the hell out of him
Base ≤ G5 < G4 < G5 while utilizing G4th attacks < G4th's strongest moves < G5th using G4th's strongest moves < Bajrang Gun
IIRC, this is even confirmed in a guide book page somewhere.
Never has been

Last edited:
Cause of his elastic body that stops him from taking this much damage.
Kaido was literally using Haki and his weapon, which is covered in spikes that Luffy has no added resistance to.

When he used it against Luffy's other forms, that mf still compressed.
Deflected one in base, and he took one before he learned advanced Haoshoku in G4th which he cliffs in base now

Luffy went blow for blow with Kaido and took the same hits if not far more to a much further extent from a stronger Kaidou.
I'm just going to ignore all of this because of a later argument.
He was doing that prior to even stronger attacks
I literally showed a scan of Snakeman nearly dying from a Bolo Breath.

Yeah, he could take said attacks before, my entire point was that it wasn't to the same level as G5.
Because Kaidou has stronger drunk forms, forms he failed to use against G5th, forms that when he started to use against Gear 5th, pressured the hell out of him
I don't get what you're saying here. You say 'he failed to use against G5', but then 'he started to use against G5'. Can you rephrase this?

Plus, your points blatantly contradict themselves. You're claiming that Luffy in base took far stronger attacks, so how in the holy hell is a form stronger than at least most of Luffy's other Gears damaged by a weaker technique from Kaido even with supposed help from his elastic body? Obviously Kaido's Haki is still stronger than before.
Never has been
I'll go look for it.

Base ≤ G5 < G4 < G5 while utilizing G4th attacks < G4th's strongest moves < G5th using G4th's strongest moves < Bajrang Gun
I didn't see this before, because I was busy.

This is just... I don't even know what to say. G5 is roughly equal to Luffy's base form?

Nah. Nah bro. I legit can't continue this argument in good faith.

Last edited:
Kaido was literally using Haki and his weapon, which is covered in spikes that Luffy has no added resistance to.

When he used it against Luffy's other forms, that mf still compressed.
Luffy's rubber physique in his gear 5th self doesn't stop him from taking damage, but it allows him to mitigate the damage by morphing his body around it.
And Luffy didn't compress. He put his head down after getting slammed in his head.

And weirdly enough, the kaifu you sent in the first sentence, Luffy deflected one of those kaifu that hurt him in Gear 5th in base.
I'm just going to ignore all of this because of a later argument.

Context is missed.
Snakeman was chomped badly, then he was blasted through the entire island by a Boro Breath.
He had the longest contact with a Boro Breath that we've seen so far. Everybody else was just covered for a few seconds, but he was engulfed for a long period of time and pushed through the island from it.

Luffy's first time getting hit by a Boro Breath was so significant that Luffy was flexing how useless it was after he got hit.
Yeah, he could take said attacks before, my entire point was that it wasn't to the same level as G5.
They were very relative
I don't get what you're saying here. You say 'he failed to use against G5', but then 'he started to use against G5'. Can you rephrase this?
"Failed to use against Gear 5th"
For most of the fight against Gear 5th, Kaidou didn't use his drunk or super hybrid forms, and he was relatively equal to Gear 5th
"He started to use against Gear 5th"
He later started to use it, which chased away Luffy and made him pull out the bajrang gun
Plus, your points blatantly contradict themselves. You're claiming that Luffy in base took far stronger attacks, so how in the holy hell is a form stronger than at least most of Luffy's other Gears damaged by a weaker technique from Kaido? Obviously Kaido's Haki is still stronger than before.
Because.
Gear 5th isn't stronger than most of Luffy's other gears.
Gear 5th increases his strength. It doesn't increase it above Luffy's amped forms.
Luffy can amplify himself in Gear 5th to the same extent that he can in base, but he doesn't scale to the forms Luffy amps himself to prior to Gear 5th.

This is just... I don't even know what to say. G5 is roughly equal to Luffy's base form?

Nah. Nah bro. I can't continue this argument in good faith.
No enhancement Gear 5th is barely superior to Base Luffy, and because of his abilities (muscle muscle, compression, lightning throwing, dura negation and attack reflection via rubberization), he doesn't need to hit as hard as Gear 4th or even 3rd.

Luffy in Gear 5th doesn't hit as hard as those other forms. He's barely superior to his base in AP and dura.
https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_Shuron_1037_005.pnghttps://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_nextlvl_1045_011.png

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_Shuron_1037_011.pnghttps://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_1046_tcb_raizo_004.png

https://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/opc_1026_012.pnghttps://cdn.****************.com/file/CDN-M-A-N/op_tcb_1047_007.png

Get over the thought of Gear 5th punching harder than Gear 4th. His entire showcase was even less impressive than Gear 2nd+3rd vs Kaidou

Too much text. I'll maybe address this shit later (if I feel well enough for it) since, like I said, I'm busy. I'm currently looking for the specific page and doing some other revisions.

Last edited:
Imagine thinking that giant G5 with CoC, the form that directly overpowered Kaido without even using CoA or CoC, > G4 is a horrible take.

Everyone now has my permission to bully you.
Erm thats it pal, as a person whos caught up to episode 150 I MIGHT let you live when I catch you lacking, pull up to the somali ocean so we can settle this beef 🙏

0c5963ff561885dcf4d741ac7265368e.jpg

Who is winning and why.

Something I few like adding, is that Snakeman is weaker than G3, in case you didn't know, so bringing it up doesn't add to "G5 is > Boundman".

Snakeman by itself is an amp around G2, probably a bit above, SM with "charged" (after bouncing around) attacks is more in line with G3 or maybe Boundman normal attacks, I'd have to check to be sure tho.

0c5963ff561885dcf4d741ac7265368e.jpg

Who is winning and why.
Going off of what he's shown up until now, the only way Shiryu actually legitimately threatens and kills King is through invis+Buso to backstab King through the heart while King has his flames off. Outside of that, all Shiryu can hope is to run around with his invis and try to dodge Kings attacks.

Cool matchup though, and I love the art.

Nah. Nah bro. I legit can't continue this argument in good faith.
I do agree here. I think the statement "Wakening brings his rubbery body greater physical strength and freedom." alone implies he's stronger than anything his body could 'naturally' do. That does exclude gear 4 (since it's a haki-specific form), but not G3/G2
Screenshot_13.png

Last edited:
1. G5 ate the same Shuron Hakke Super Hybrid Ragnarok attack that nearly took out G4 Luffy (he struggled to keep the air in his body).

2. IMO this wiki overhypes Over-Kong Gun, it knocked Kaido out for like 2 seconds before he went Super Hybrid.

I do agree here. I think the statement "Wakening brings his rubbery body greater physical strength and freedom." alone implies he's stronger than anything his body could 'naturally' do. That does exclude gear 4 (since it's a haki-specific form), but not G3/G2
Screenshot_13.png
Gear 3rd isn't natural. Neither is Gear 2nd.
His Gears specifically bring his strength above its natural limits.
You need to remember that Luffy's gears is a luffy specific invention that he made to surpass his body. Turning his body into a steam engine is not natural, nor is blowing air through rubber bones.

Bringing it greater physical strength means giving the regular state greater physical strength

Back