• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

Anything past Hybrid Kaido w/CoC coating and before Flame Dragon Kaido and Bajrang Gun seems muddled to me.
Like there's supposed fluctuating power gaps here and there, yet they both still perform pretty well overall even when one has a power gap over the other.

Like Kaido fighting Gear 2nd and 3nd equally well (in terms of power, not speed) or Luffy facing Shuron Hakke Kaido relatively well like with normal Kaido.

It's not, it just seemed reasonable that Zoro wouldn't be super far beneath Luffy.
I mean, I was not comparing him to like, the Bajrang Gun or something, I'm just saying like, a regular punch from G5 didn't seem that much stronger than Zoro's full power.

I mean, I was not comparing him to like, the Bajrang Gun or something, I'm just saying like, a regular punch from G5 didn't seem that much stronger than Zoro's full power.
Personally I am of the mindset that outside of finishing moves (like OverKong Gun and Bajrang Gun), Luffy ain't one shotting his boy's Zoro and Sanji at full power (but he would **** them up with CoC coating and gears combined). He still beats them definitely, just not casual one shots. But this isn't based on facts, just personal beliefs.

Personally I am of the mindset that outside of finishing moves (like OverKong Gun and Bajrang Gun), Luffy ain't one shotting his boy's Zoro and Sanji at full power (but he would **** them up CoC coating and gears combined). He still beats them definitely, just not casual one shots. But this isn't based on facts, just personal beliefs.
Oh, he's way stronger with Haki on, yeah.

Well, I was referring to G5 Luffy without Haki
Also, by your logic...

"How is Zoro, the heir to three of the world's greatest swords, the ultimate user of the Santoryu, the man who fought his way through the new world without a Devil Fruit, the fabled Pirate Hunter, that much weaker than Ace's baby brother?"

the heir to three of the world's greatest swords
What lol?
the ultimate user of the Santoryu
The only user*
the man who fought his way through the new world without a Devil Fruit
Sanji, Jinbe, Franky, Killer (until recently).
the fabled Pirate Hunter
...LOL
that much weaker than Ace's baby brother
Because he went extreme diff with King.

What lol?

The only user*

Sanji, Jinbe, Franky, Killer (until recently).

...LOL

Because he went extreme diff with King.
Obviously it wasn't meant to be taken at face value, hence the quotation marks. I'm saying just writing "he's the sun god" or whatever doesn't mean anything, unless you wanna put Sengoku up top as well.

I mean, that's like me just saying "Oh, he's the King of Hell," or "Oh, he's the Buddha."

You wanna go down that route, put the God Usopp bit into canon scaling.
It's literally not lmfao.

Reread the entirety of the climax of the Onigashima, specifically chapters 1040 to 1044 and tell me with a straight face that calling Luffy the Sun God is no different than calling Zoro the King of Hell.

It's literally not lmfao.

Reread the entirety of the climax of the Onigashima, specifically chapters 1040 to 1044 and tell me with a straight face that calling Luffy the Sun God is no different than calling Zoro the King of Hell.
What about Sengoku though? He's literally the Buddha, should that put him above everyone else? Even Enel was essentially Raijin.

Even Enel was essentially Raijin.
No, he was an overconfident asshole with a God complex that happened to have the Lightning Logia in an area where no one had Buso or was made of rubber.
What about Sengoku though? He's literally the Buddha, should that put him above everyone else?
He was also the Fleet Admiral and has portrayal that puts him on the level/around the level of characters such as Roger, Garp, and Primebeard. Horrible example.

No, he was an overconfident asshole with a God complex that happened to have the Lightning Logia in an area where no one had Buso or was made of rubber.
Nah, he was technically a god in any aspect where you could describe Luffy as such, unless it depends on whether Who's-Who said you were a god. Being called a god doesn't make you inherently stronger.
He was also the Fleet Admiral and has portrayal that puts him on the level/around the level of characters such as Roger, Garp, and Primebeard. Horrible example.
I could swear he currently only scaled from Marineford Blackbeard and Akainu.

Also, by your logic...

"How is Zoro, the heir to three of the world's greatest swords, the ultimate user of the Santoryu, the man who fought his way through the new world without a Devil Fruit, the fabled Pirate Hunter, that much weaker than Ace's baby brother?"
Shoulda used the fact that he's a descendant of Ryuma.

Nah, he was technically a god in any aspect where you could describe Luffy as such
What the hell are you talking about. Being a self-proclaimed God, forcing everyone around you to call you God ≠ Being the return of Joyboy and the wielder of the Nika fruit.

It really shouldn't unless the title is directly tied to power.
Yeah, like, if I was called "literally the best ever at playing chess or something", that's different from being called "A godlike player of chess or something."

The second could mean I was especially good, yes, but it could also imply an air of regality or other similarity.

Yeah, like, if I was called "literally the best ever at playing chess or something", that's different from being called "A godlike player of chess or something."

The second could mean I was especially good, yes, but it could also imply an air of regality or other similarity.
Like, if a character was similar to a god that was known for bringing freedom, that could just mean they were heavily opposed to tyranny.

This conversation is frying my brain.
Luffy's got all those titles but Kaidou ( who's only declared as the World's Strongest Creature ) was boxing with him.
Titles don't mean shit.
Idk, Kaidou is also known by the title of "the guy who would have instantly melted Luffy if Luffy didn't have range boosts"

Like, if a character was similar to a god that was known for bringing freedom, that could just mean they were heavily opposed to tyranny.
No, that's not at all why they'd compare them to a god.
There's a lot of people who hate manipulative tyrants, but you don't see people calling them a god and worshipping them.
They do that because they have power and influence to back their ideals.
Idk, Kaidou is also known by the title of "the guy who would have instantly melted Luffy if Luffy didn't have range boosts"
Don't care lol

No, that's not at all why they'd compare them to a god.
There's a lot of people who hate manipulative tyrants, but you don't see people calling them a god and worshipping them.
They do that because they have power and influence to back their ideals.
When I say "opposed," I mean as in the "two things trying to kill each other really hard" opposed.
Don't care lol
I'm agreeing with you here, I'm just memeing.

How is Luffy, the Sun God, the man Roger was wating for, the man who defeated the Strongest Creature, the man with 3 advanced typed of Haki, the Yonko, and the future pirate king being far off from Pinzoro's grandson stupid?
Because this

I think it says here that zoro is the second strongest 🙈

Back