• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

New episode came out, although I've yet to find one with decent subbing.

Pacing sucked asides from Sanji attacking Queen, too much focus on Momo and the Scabbards.
i mean its one piece, would be called two piece if the pacing was good.

It's not in general- it's only the ones we were shown/told can do it. Hasshoken, Rokuogan and Dials all have confirmed dura neg. Sengoku and Kuma don't... though it's easy to argue Kuma does since we see his paw attacks go through Franky's body
So far only Iva's winks, Burgess' elbow moves & Haoshoku Haki(against strong-willed folks) are the only non-durability negging shockwaves i can think of in OP.

So far only Iva's winks, Burgess' elbow moves & Haoshoku Haki(against strong-willed folks) are the only non-durability negging shockwaves i can think of in OP.
How are those shockwaves? Also conquerors haki do negate dura tho… like they don’t attack anything on the outside, it attacks mostly on the inside (will)

How are those shockwaves? Also conquerors haki do negate dura tho… like they don’t attack anything on the outside, it attacks mostly on the inside (will)
From the haki:

Initial Stage​

Intermediate Stage​

• Shockwave Creation (When clashing with others, Haoshoku Haki produces shockwaves that shoots out in all directions, pushing things away from them[59][56][60])
Intermediate Stage: Haki users at this stage are capable of using Haoshoku Haki at will after exponential growth in mind and body. The user is capable of manipulating the timing of use, the intensity, and even the area of effect of the Haki's power. In a battle against many, this power is able to be used with great effect[1]. When two Haoshoku users clash, they create streaks of black lightning[59][56]. The force of a Haoshoku clash can create shockwaves, and long term effects are detrimental to surroundings[60].

Edit
: Ivankov's winks were called shockwaves in a SBS & Burgess' attacks were called that too in the manga.

Last edited:
From the haki page:

Initial Stage​

Intermediate Stage​

• Shockwave Creation (When clashing with others, Haoshoku Haki produces shockwaves that shoots out in all directions, pushing things away from them[59][56][60])
Intermediate Stage: Haki users at this stage are capable of using Haoshoku Haki at will after exponential growth in mind and body. The user is capable of manipulating the timing of use, the intensity, and even the area of effect of the Haki's power. In a battle against many, this power is able to be used with great effect[1]. When two Haoshoku users clash, they create streaks of black lightning[59][56]. The force of a Haoshoku clash can create shockwaves, and long term effects are detrimental to surroundings[60].
Yee but like they aren’t normal shockwaves… unless I have forgotten, the translation have never said they create shockwaves or actual shockwaves… tho I might do remember I think a statement saying they creating something like a shockwave or something I think

Also, for Punk Rotten Kid, should we add that his Punk Vise seemed to at least somewhat hurt Base Kaido (as he did stagger from it in the anime expansion of the scene) and Kaido complemented it?

I know there will probably be a new CRT based on today's chapter but can we get some of the existing ones closed first? A lot of them have been bumped today, and it's been made clear how many open CRTs there are currently.

I know there will probably be a new CRT based on today's chapter but can we get some of the existing ones closed first? A lot of them have been bumped today, and it's been made clear how many open CRTs there are currently.
Agreed.

One Piece CRTs have just been unfinished or just stopped activity in general ever since KT's "retirement"
Even Greenbull doesn't have a profile lol - not that I'm trying to pressure anyone, but just stating an observation.

Everyone's Yonko level now that Buggy is a Yonko
Me: Makes a long-ass list with reasoning for each person's scaling.

Mitch:
See the source image

Crap, i forgot about that message sorry
336.jpg

”四皇”

″赤髪”

シャンクス
SHANKS

海軍元帥センゴクすらも一目置く、片腕の海賊。左目の傷はあの″黒ひげ„に付けられたものだが、因縁の再戦が有り得るかも・・・!!
—————————————————————
"The Four Emperors."

Red hair.

Shanks.
SHANKS

A one-armed pirate whom even the naval commander, Senkoku, admires. The scar on his left eye was inflicted by Blackbeard, but there may be a chance for a fateful rematch...!
German one is incorrect

Shouldn't the Pacifista get durabilitynegation thru heat? Their beams coud penetrate Zoan X Drake & Buffed Up Urouge just like Kizaru's did with WB & Marco.

Shouldn't the Pacifista get durabilitynegation thru heat? Their beams coud penetrate Zoan X Drake & Buffed Up Urouge just like Kizaru's did with WB & Marco.
Yee Kuma and Franky as well, tho heat manipulation kinda covers it I think

If Kizaru has it they definitely should too. After all it's the exact same laser.

Excluding this final saga, if I had to rank the Post Timeskip sagas from worst to best:

4. The Dressrosa Saga. Yes, I dislike this even more than the Fishman Island Arc. While Doflamingo was an excellent villain and a beast of an opponent, the pacing of the arc was atrocious, all the female characters got next to no real fight time (which while always a minor issue wasn't nearly as bad before the timeskip or in any of the other Post-TS arcs) and were mainly used as plot devices, it contributed the least to the lore compared to other post-TS arcs IMO, and was often rather confusing to follow due to a massive mishmash of events and characters poorly handled all at once. Of course, I know it was the first real arc after the timeskip and Oda was trying to experiment and see how he wanted to write the story, so I won't give him too much crap. The Punk Hazard Arc was fine, though.

The positives were Doflamingo (as already mentioned), Law, the creation of the Grand Fleet, the World Government being humiliated by Issho (leading to the removal of the Warlord System), and the Punk Hazard Arc as a whole being fun and having a villain who the Straw Hats couldn't defeat with just their superior power. Also, Law as a whole.

3. Fish-man Island Saga. In contrast to Dressrosa, this saga had the worst villain in Hody Jones (seriously, they show him growing up in a dirt-poor district while the Fishmen Government gave the WG a lot of money and support, you could've at least used that to make Hody sympathetic, Oda). However, aside from the happy feelings of seeing the Straw Hats together again, it was cool to see them use their new powers (even if the fights were all too one-sided), some nice mermaid fanservice that didn't go too overboard for the most part, some nice lore, and Jimbei getting proper spotlight.

2. Whole Cake Island. I view this arc as definitely above the previous 2 but nowhere near #1. I loved seeing Sanji's backstory (and Reiju is one of my favorite OP characters), and this arc was unique in that, instead of beating the top boss, the Straw Hats had to survive escaping her wrath, showing that the Straw Hats still had a good way to climb before being Yonko level. Luffy vs Kata is my 2nd favorite pre-Wano fight ever (behind Luffy vs Lucci), and we also got to meet the adorable Carrot.

1. Wano. Y'all knew this would be #1. Aside from the BM pirates being sidelined and it occasionally dragging on when it didn't have to, there's little not to love from this arc. Luffy finally became Yonko level (and 2-3 of his crew mates became Commander level), there were 2 amazing Yonko fights in the form of Luffy vs Kaido and BM vs Law and Kid plus plenty of other good fights (like Zoro and Sanji vs King and Queen), the lore we got was amazing, Momo became actually likable and not just a perverted little shit, and even minor characters like Killer and Drake got time to shine.

Asides from the BM pirates being sidelined (minus Perospero and BM herself) and occasional pacing issues, my only real complaint would be that Hiyori should've gotten a chance to fight like her brother and late father, as she was a bit underwhelming in her participation in the final battle. Also she and Zoro should've ******.
Wasn't Zoro supposed to visit Ryuma's grave and maybe get a backstory? None of that really happened for some reason despite it being built up a lot. And yeah Hiyori was robbed hard, she had the potential to be strong and a genuinely good character but they just made her a crybaby who's in love with Zoro.

Back