• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Haki and Devil Fruits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
So this CRT was pretty much inevitable since Chapter 1063 came out and I hardly ever get a chance to start these discussions so I thought I'd take the initiative.

In chapter 1063, Doc Q uses his Sick-Sick fruit powers to infect Law's crew with a Feminization Disease. Law states that from his fight with the two Emperors, he learned that intense Haki can break through Devil Fruit powers and he reverses the gender swap that was performed on him.

This is a follow up to the scene in chapter 1009 where Law states that Big Mom's and Kaidou's Haki is so strong than he cannot teleport them in order to separate the two of them.

Since the evidence for this is mounting up, and it will probably come up again repeatedly in the future chapters of the manga, I think we should modify the Haki page to include this:

W71jmH6.png

This note would go underneath the Reactive Power Level and Accelerated Development part of the Haki page.

Feel free to post if there is anything else that should be included in this addition.

Smoker was also able to resist Law's abilities which Tashigi couldn't do

It should be noted that haki being activated can nullifying already existing effects that affected them prior to Haki activation as well, as Law nullified Doc Q's ability after he was transformed

But this is a good thread, so nice job

So soon?
This note would go underneath the Reactive Power Level and Accelerated Development part of the Haki page.
Reactive Power Level has now becaome a sub-type of Accelerated Development, so shouldn't we merge RPL & AD sections of the Haki page into one?
Smoker was also able to resist Law's abilities which Tashigi couldn't do
Didn't Doflamingo counter Law's spatial cuts with his buso strings, Dressrosa Base Luffy had comperable haki level to Doffy, but Law could still teleport both?

Not all abilities should be necessarily assumed to require the same amount of Haki. Just because somebody can stop Law's spatial slicing doesn't mean they can automatically stop themselves being teleported too.

Law also said this he learnt about this feature of Haki from his fight with the Emperors, so that's primarily where the negation comes from.

Also should we note that powerful enough Haki (yonko tier) is nearly passively resisting whereas Haki users on the level of Law need to use great amounts actively to undo an effect?

We don't know if it is "passive". For all we know Big Mom and Kaidou were just constantly flexing their Haki through that portion of the fight.

We don't know if it is "passive". For all we know Big Mom and Kaidou were just constantly flexing their Haki through that portion of the fight.
Nevermind that, I think Kaido's stated to be covered in haki constantly on a durability related bit in one of the books. Emin linked it a while ago, I'll try and find it. And Big Mom's an iron balloon due to her haki as well if I'm not mistaken.
Constantly Haki output on that level seems to negate abilities off the rib, but Law needed a more powerful concentration (likely because he can't emit that level with ease unlike the yonko)

nevermind

the attack on people isn't an amputate based ability, but the effect on the surrounding is
The building was probably slashed by Law after the Injection Shot; not as a result of it.

Here he didn't use Injection Shot, he just stabbed... Which should be the same as Amputate
Doesn't that still prove that Doflamingo's body would've been split if he didn't resist it? He got hit by the offense of it but not the hax of the room itself.

Doesn't that still prove that Doflamingo's body would've been split if he didn't resist it?
I'm saying he did resist.... But not fully because he's bleeding, now whatever other interpretation you guys have, I'm not going to debate
Doffy negated the ability (Amputate), but the force from Law cutting still harmed him.
Will just be a waste of time... Since then I would need to prove that haki was the reason he was bleeding not the cut

Basically the haki overpowering thing... Boundman luffy and doffy and stuff

Anyway bye 🐵

Basically the haki overpowering thing... Boundman luffy and doffy and stuff
Mean this

amputate is a slash
Is a cut
Skill 2【切断】
"ROOM"の空間に入った者を切断。斬られた者はバラバラになってしまうが、死ぬ事はなく出血もしない不思議な技だ。

Skill 2【Disconnection】.
Cutting a person who enters the "ROOM" space. The cut person is dismembered, but does not die or bleed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back