• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate multipliers nowadays, but I guess the statement seems blatant enough.
What y'all need to do now is determine whether it's consistent enough and has little to no contradictions. Unfortunately, I can't help with that because I haven't done my OP reread yet.

Luffy's moments of Gear 2nd and Base comparison happen a few times in the series.

The first one is Luffy vs Lucci
Base Luffy and Base Lucci are relative, Gear 2nd Luffy sends him flying with a punch and gets the 1 up in his fight with his hybrid.

The second one is Luffy vs Hody.
Gear 2nd Luffy sends Hody flying further than base Luffy with Haki.

The third one would be Luffy vs Kata
Katakuri demolishes Base Luffy and Gear 2nd matches (slightly weaker) punches from Kata.

Now the discussion lies in the fact that this says "power and speed increased tenfold", which makes this a serious multiplier.

Luffy's Gear 2nd blitzed Sandersonia's Kenbunshoku Haki while she kept up with his base without it, which makes that a serious feat.
Luffy's Gear 2nd blitzed an enhanced Moria who kept up with him prior to his thousand shadow enhancement.

So if these are good enough supports for a 10x, which doesn't have much contention except personal feelings against the multiplier (yes, I'm speaking about myself), then I guess it's fine.

Please don't abuse this

Instances where this is contradicted with canon speeds and strengths will be ignored.

Currently we have base Marineford Luffy at rel. 10x that would be FTL, but Luffy got blitzed by SoL at that point in time.
We wouldn't need mental gymnastics to say "he's not FTL". We'd just say "higher than before"

I do have some dubious feelings about this myself. If Luffy hurts someone with a base attack, but they're able to block one of his Gear 2 attacks, then what would that mean?

I do have some dubious feelings about this myself. If Luffy hurts someone with a base attack, but they're able to block one of his Gear 2 attacks, then what would that mean?
Like Tempest said, if such instances do exist, and they outweighed the instances where the multiplier was seemingly consistent, then the multiplier shouldn't be applied.

So far the biggest issue lies here
Instances where this is contradicted with canon speeds and strengths will be ignored.

Currently we have base Marineford Luffy at rel. 10x that would be FTL, but Luffy got blitzed by SoL at that point in time.
We wouldn't need mental gymnastics to say "he's not FTL". We'd just say "higher than before"

Which will be handled if we ever redo a speed revision for Pre TS.

Same as Post TS. We're not making everyone FTL because of a speed multiplier.

This CRT supported the god tiers and the higher tier characters being FTL. We're not gonna use this multiplier as assistance in making the whole verse FTL when we have canon restrictions to that

Why don't we just pretend the statement doesn't exist? Speed multipliers are bound to get out of hand, no matter what pretty much.

Also, we've got AP revisions to wrap up for Post-Timeskip characters and the God Tiers overall.

Mind putting this on hold until we finish updating both of those groups?

Also, we've got AP revisions to wrap up for Post-Timeskip characters and the God Tiers overall.

Mind putting this on hold until we finish updating both of those groups?
The main thing was that we should settle if this works so we don't have to re-edit a bunch of profiles after this thread is done.

Damage being a 🐐 rn
Is that an insult?

Unstaff and Ban
orangutan_1f9a7.png

We don't but just by looking at it there is not a single mention of anything being multiplied by 10倍 (10x). Heck it didn't even mention 桁違い (Order of Magnitude) which is the only other statement we accept as a 10x multiplier.

So using a quick DeepL translate and fixing the grammar a bit the description comes out to be

“いりょく威力もスピードもケタ外れ六式の使い手でも見切れないろくしさ”

“Power and speed are out of this world, and even the best of the Rokushiki users can't see through it.”

Which is about the same as what the Chinese translation of this description of Databook Yellow said.

"威力與速度都非常驚人-連「六式」高手都無法閃躲远一招!"

"Power and speed are incredible, even experts of Rokushiki can't dodge this attack.

So yeah there was never a 10x multiplier for Gear 2nd. It was just something the French databook translation made up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back