• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: FTL Kaido... Yes, I know....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Yeah I realize by making this, I'm essentially starting a shit storm, but it really needs to be said, Kaido should be FTL for the reasons below

This is Luffy's reaction to Light Speed
idjtR9Z.jpg

Here is Luffy's reaction to Kaido's Speed
UD6YnIk.jpg

Even if you say that Luffy was using Observation Haki to react to Light Speed, Luffy was using an even better and more advanced Observation Haki trying to react to Kaido's Speed and yet he considered Light Speed slow and Kaido too fast

I mean that is pretty direct confirmation that Kaido is faster than Light Speed, now who this scales too is not up to me at all and it needs to be discussed, but the fact is this, Kaido is blatantly FTL

Always had this in the back of my mind and it makes total sense.

if Luffy with a worse observation haki thought that light speed beams were slow, then Kaido is totally FTL for surprising and tagging ( and nearly blitzing again) Luffy even when the latter is using a vastly superior form of kenbunshoku.

For those of use that don't follow One Piece you should provide the thread in which the beam that Luffy reacted to was accepted as legit lightspeed. Otherwise the people that don't follow it wouldn't know.

Shouldn't base Luffy get some upgrades too? If he knows that light is "too slow", that's because he can react to it or because it's nothing compared to his speed. Iirc Tenpest calced this feat, it should be used.

Shouldn't base Luffy get some upgrades too? If he knows that light is "too slow", that's because he can react to it or because it's nothing compared to his speed. Iirc Tenpest calced this feat, it should be used.
We don’t have evidence that he reacted to it, i believe the general agreement is that he moved his head before the laser was fired, which indicates the use of haki.

the main argument here is that Kaido surprised him even with the use of a greater version of the observation haki that was used against the pacifistas.

Currently any characters that can keep up with Kaido in the Wano Arc should not be discussed here, we have all agreed to wait to apply Wano Arc revisions till after the arc is done
I'm cool with that even though Linlin should get it for matching his Combat Speed but yeah, before we do verse wide revisions, we need to wait until Wano is done.

Currently any characters that can keep up with Kaido in the Wano Arc should not be discussed here, we have all agreed to wait to apply Wano Arc revisions till after the arc is done
Then shouldn't we wait on revising Kaido too?

I'm not sure if this is the best logic to use for upgrading speed.

By the same logic, any character who managed to land a hit on Post-Timeskip Luffy would also be FTL, which includes the likes of Bellamy and Doflamingo.

Question
Do we have a specific value to scale him to right now? Are or we just gonna say "FTL", and what's the justification in place? Will we just link the calc?

And now we agree that Kaido is the strongest pirate via blitzing everyone else? LMAO

Jokes aside, i agree, and we finally have FTL OP.

Jokes again, it ruined my head canon that either Luffy, Sanji or Brook would reach FTL in the final battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back