• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I'm a big fan of relying so heavily on that statement for Akainu (and therefore for every other God Tier that matters) when by feats Akainu's DF would scale to 40 or 400 times lower than this value for Shiki's feat. A gap that big (for the latter value) between Akainu's displayed feats and what the interpretation of that statement would give him makes me a bit cautious.
Yeah let's throw out the "interpretation" portion because it pretty blatantly says he has the highest offensive power of all devil fruits. That isn't something to be contested.

Akainu's devil fruit quite frankly scales above the AP of all other Devil Fruits, supported as he clashed with the strongest Paramecia fruit, who also scales above Shiki's fruit.

I didn't mean his calculated feats; I meant his actual feats in combat versus other characters.
Akainu's DF ~ WB's DF > Shiki's DF

He has the feats

Luffy used his arms to do it, however he did use both together, him flexing his arms should be comparable if not weaker than a regular punch

So 1 arm would scale to 4.5 Strings and therefore be 22.655 Gigatons, while the compressed fist like Kong Gun would be 90.62 Gigatons

Leo Bazooka would be the 181.25 Gigatons due to it using 2 arms
I agree with everything but for Gear 4th I think Mitch's suggestion works better than what's in the OP, so considering this I'm not sure Doffy and Law should backscale to 100 GT when a Kong Gun is 90 GT.

As for the god tiers I agree with option C.

I agree with everything but for Gear 4th I think Mitch's suggestion works better than what's in the OP, so considering this I'm not sure Doffy and Law should backscale to 100 GT when a Kong Gun is 90 GT.

As for the god tiers I agree with option C.
I have updated the OP, Doffy downscales to 52.15 GT, or baseline 6-C+

Why are we using amounts of strings destroyed like a multiplier?

Each string has a certain durability, if you overcome x number of strings with a movement, you'd need to overcome all their durability combined.

This also applies to in-verse logic supporting combined things actually adding up to their statistics, like two punches in the same person having twice the force, which was approved here.

Each string has a certain durability, if you overcome x number of strings with a movement, you'd need to overcome all their durability combined.

This also applies to in-verse logic supporting combined things actually adding up to their statistics, like two punches in the same person having twice the force, which was approved here.
Unless that's stated for this attack, I don't think it holds. Our multiplier page is quite clear on the fact that you may not use reasoning to 'figure out' a multiplier.
Multipliers come from direct statements instead of being reasoned from something else.
In general we have never upgraded characters to the sum of the durability of multiple characters they oneshot.
It's kinda calc stacking on top. Pretty sure we had a thread years ago where someone calculated the durability of a fictional metal and wanted to use that as destruction value for calcs, which was rejected for that reason.

Unless that's stated for this attack, I don't think it holds. Our multiplier page is quite clear on the fact that you may not use reasoning to 'figure out' a multiplier.

In general we have never upgraded characters to the sum of the durability of multiple characters they oneshot.
That's universe-specific for One Piece. It was mentioned multiple times that combining limbs or reducing limbs multiplies one's attack power, as you can see mentioned in the thread I linked.

This isn't a case of upgrading a character based on how many characters they one shot, it's based on how many things they were able to destroy with one attack. Objects, not characters.

It's kinda calc stacking on top. Pretty sure we had a thread years ago where someone calculated the durability of a fictional metal and wanted to use that as destruction value for calcs, which was rejected for that reason.
I hadn't really questioned the string scaling until now, but you do make a good point. This is calculating the durability of a fictional material and multiplying someone's AP based off of how many they're able to break which isn't too different in theory than multiplying someone's AP off of the number of characters they can injure.

I hadn't really questioned the string scaling until now, but you do make a good point. This is calculating the durability of a fictional material and multiplying someone's AP based off of how many they're able to break which isn't too different in theory than multiplying someone's AP off of the number of characters they can injure.
It is different in nature. Destroying multiple objects with a singular attack would require you to overcome the sum of their desctruction values. With characters, this can vary wildly with narrative, or the character getting stronger. Plus, we have tangible evidence that this is how One Piece operates.

Inverse mechanics

This is completely different.
We're not using the value for calcs, we're using it for scaling.

1 string has durability X. Someone destroys 9 strings. Their AP is 9x

It is different in nature. Destroying multiple objects with a singular attack would require you to overcome the sum of their desctruction values. With characters, this can vary wildly with narrative, or the character getting stronger. Plus, we have tangible evidence that this is how One Piece operates.
Well, there's also the issue that Doflamingo's Parasite strings are much thinner and may be less durable than his Birdcage strings. The ones he uses in his Parasite technique and thin to the point of being nigh-invisible, whereas the width of his Birdcage strings if much more pronounced.

Well, there's also the issue that Doflamingo's Parasite strings are much thinner and may be less durable than his Birdcage strings. The ones he uses in his Parasite technique and thin to the point of being nigh-invisible, whereas the width of his Birdcage strings if much more pronounced.
Birdcage strings are stronger than 5.03 GT, they were undamaged. Doflamingo was able to turn said thin strings into the birdcage with Black Knight, on top of being able to slice Fujitora's meteor with his normal strings.

Inverse mechanics

This is completely different.
We're not using the value for calcs, we're using it for scaling.

1 string has durability X. Someone destroys 9 strings. Their AP is 9x
That's the same thing though. What the metal thing did was also just "100 tons of the metal had x durability, character destroyed 3542 tons so he has to be 3.542 x stronger". Like, really, what you're doing is nothing but calculating a destruction value for a fictional material and then applying that to a new calc.
The fact that the mass/volume of the strings isn't calculated to apply a precise value, and instead just a rough comparison by numbers of strings is used, is basically just hiding the calculation. (although multiplying by 9 is technically a calculation in itself)

And the fact that we explicitly don't use reasoning to get multipliers comes on top.

There's definitely a reason no other verse ever added durabilities of characters up for upgrades.

For the beginning of Post-Timeskip changes, I agree to the revisions. As for upgrading the God tiers, I think I prefer to go with Option B. Though there’s a thread that states that the One Piece: Strong World film is canon based on some statements by Oda, I’m iffy on this. The OP fandom states the movie is non-canon, and I feel that unless the events of the movie are mentioned in the manga, it isn’t a great idea to upscale all the top tiers to High 6-A.

Just to be clear, how are the Post-Timeskip BoS characters going to be affected, like Luffy, Zoro and Sanji? Are they all going to be upgraded to High 7-A based on Law’s durability feat?

Last edited:
I think I prefer to go with Option B. Though there’s a thread that states that the One Piece: Strong World film is canon based on some statements by Oda, though I’m personally iffy on this. The OP fandom states the movie is non-canon, and I feel that unless the events of the movie are mentioned in the manga, it isn’t a great idea to upscale all the top tiers to High 6-A.

This thread doesn’t mention it, but how are the Post-Timeskip BoS characters going to be affected, like Luffy, Zoro and Sanji? Are they all going to be upgraded to High 7-A?
Base Forms are High 7-A. G2 and beyond are 6-C

That's the same thing though. What the metal thing did was also just "100 tons of the metal had x durability, character destroyed 3542 tons so he has to be 3.542 x stronger". Like, really, what you're doing is nothing but calculating a destruction value for a fictional material and then applying that to a new calc.
The fact that the mass/volume of the strings isn't calculated to apply a precise value, and instead just a rough comparison by numbers of strings is used, is basically just hiding the calculation. (although multiplying by 9 is technically a calculation in itself)

And the fact that we explicitly don't use reasoning to get multipliers comes on top.

There's definitely a reason no other verse ever added durabilities of characters up for upgrades.
Again, in-universe mechanics makes so the multiplication is possible. This doesn't compare to other verses in any shape, way, or form.

I agree with option C, including the Zoro didn't hold a united blow from kaido and big mom? that wouldn't make the God Tiers go up to 31.8 Petatons?

I agree with option C, including the Zoro didn't hold a united blow from kaido and big mom? that wouldn't make the God Tiers go up to 31.8 Petatons?
Circular scaling, he was going to die for holding for more than a brief moment, he doesn't scale.

BTW, Base to Gear 3rd Luffy with Hao would be 15.9 Petatons, he stacks the Compression effect on that and so Gear 4th Kong Guns with Hao would be 63.6 Petatons

And as I say again, we have a completely different mechanic in the verse that was accepted already, that united objects have united AP and the like.

We don't do this for other verses because those other verses don't follow the same mechanics.

Screw it then

We calced the value of 6 strings directly.

Luffy will scale to 6 strings then since 9 is a problem for some reason

Edit: Not even. That is a needless lowball

I still agree with the Gear 4th = Durability of 9 Strings scaling

In One Piece, quantity does in fact equal double the power

Double Handed Gomu Gomu no Bazooka is 2x above a One Handed Gomu Gomu no Pistol

Three Sword Style is 3x above One Sword Style

This is basic One Piece stuff people

Screw it then

We calced the value of 6 strings directly.

Luffy will scale to 6 strings then since 9 is a problem for some reason

Edit: Not even. That is a needless lowball
Yeah, I'm not really seeing the need for this compromise. A single attack overcame the durability of 9 strings, so it should scale to the combined durability of the 9 strings.
If we have a single attack that destroyed 9 mountains, won't we scale said attack to the value required to destroy the 9 mountains? Same thing from my point of view.

Ok I have a reasonable counter to this.

In the case of Doflamingo's strings, his larger strings are produced by combining multiple tiny strings.

We didn't actually calculate the string thickness of a thick string like the ones he used in his attacks.
We used the value of regular strings (approximately 9 millimeters in thickness) and calculated that.

So technically its drastically higher, and the parasite strings are technically the ones that are being calculated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back