• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread

They cannot mass-produce advanced technology yet. Each Pacifista costs as much as an entire battleship.

@oishi: that is what the theory I once read about one piece being a plane or the blueprints of one used as evidence.

You know, I'm not quite sure why the logia profiles have High-Mid Regenerationn when they have Elemental Intangibility on there. Technically if a logia is actually hurt, they don't regen the damage. By being 'elementally intangible' they avoid conventional damage unless it is a specific weakness or if the attack negates their intangibility (such as with Haki).

Since they don't regenerate from attacks that bypass their intangibility, shouldn't their Regenerationn be removed? I think that elemental intangiblity alone fully describes how they resist conventional damage.

Basically what LordWhis said. Logias can both let attacks phase through them and also regenerate their elemental bodies.

What are everybody's EOS predictions for SH power level ?

Mine are-

The world's strongest (but not the brightest)

Luffy- Beyond The Pirate King (Atleast 6-B)

Zoro- Beyond The Pirate King (Atleast 6-B)

Fire & Water

Sanji- Old WB tier (6-B)

Jinbei- Shanks Tier (6-B)

Technology & Magic

Franky- Admiral Tier (Atleast Low 6-B+, Likely 6-B)

Brooke- Yonko 1st mate tier (Atleast Low 6-B+)

Girl Power

Robin- Jozu tier (At least Low 6-B+)

Nami- Non-awakened Doflamingo tier (Low 6-B+)

The small and the very big (nose)

Chopper- current G2 Luffy Tier in brain point (current G3 Luffy tier in Monster Point) (Low 6-B-Atleast Low 6-B)

Usopp- Base Luffy Tier (Likely Atmost Low 6-B)

That's hard to say. But I'm gonna say 5-A God Tiers, One Piece is set on a massive planet and has a shit ton of moons. One of those moons are bound to get ****** up in some way shape or form and I recall Cin doing a calc for destroying one of the moons. And the result was 5-A, If the Planet itself gets destroyed it'll be 4-C.

Buuut Oda doesn't like flashy beats but I think the Grand Line will be destroyed for certain and that'd be High 6-A depending if Reverse Mountain gets destroyed in the process.

@knight: I could see weapons possessing that kind of power, I'm still hoping Uranus is a high 6-a sword !

But not too sure about characters, Oda doesn't seem to be the type to pull a Kishimoto !

Ayy never know in 10 years

I'm honestly hoping Oda keeps focusing on the story instead of feeding the "But muh feats" fan boys. Oda likes to balance his characters, Kizaru is made of light but can only go light speed with one move, Law has a broken Devil Fruit but Oda nerfed him.

To be honest, the characters would probably have been Relativistic since pre-timeskip if Kizaru's normal light attacks consistently showed properties of real light.

Nobody dodged attacks from Kizaru. Raleigh intercepted him in the middle of Yata Mirror and that was Sub Rel to Relativistic+.

That wouldn't be very consistent though Burning Full Fingers. Most of Kizaru's attacks don't appear to be lightspeed anyway such as the one he tried against Whitebeard.

LordWhis said:
@Damage, I believe Logias can regenerate by absorbing their element.
But they don't actually regenerate any damage. Their intangibility lets them ignore conventional damage, but if they're actually hit then they can't regen it.

When they are intangible they regenerate. We put it in our profiles that they can only regenerate in their Logia forms. Once the Logia form is damaged they regenerate. Again this only applies to their Logia forms.

It is not so much about their logia forms, the essential thing is that they need large quantities of their element to absorb.

Can you point out examples of them absorbing large quantities of their element to regenerate? Mostly it looks like they just reform themselves regardless of how much of their element is around.

What do people think the final battle will ?

I personally think it'll be Luffy and Zoro vs Teach and Sakazuki

I don't think the last battle in the series will be the same as the 'ultimate final battle', but I think Luffy vs Blackbeard will be the last major challenge for Luffy before the ending of the series.

Akainu is going down to Sabo I believe.

Since when is there an iron-clad rule that the Fire-Fire fruit will also lose to the Magma-Magma fruit? So long as he doesn't let himself get impaled by a magma fist, he'll be alright...

He's implied to be a more skilled fighter than Ace, and so long as he masters the Fire-Fire fruit soon he'll definitely be stronger overall.

The only thing that's certain is that magma burns hotter than fire. That doesn't mean Sabo cannot beat Akainu.

Since akainu said to ace that their powers were in a relationship of superiority.

The magu magu no mi neutralizes the mera mera no mi.

Do you think that if Aokiji had the Snow-Snow fruit and Monet had the Ice-Ice fruit, that Aokiji wouldn't be able to beat her?

Or how about Luffy and Katakuri? The Mochi-Mochi fruit is superior to the Gum-Gum fruit but Luffy was still able to win.

Akainu's DF being 'superior' doesn't guarantee instant victory. The heat of his magma is just higher than the heat of Ace's flames. The only reason Ace died was because he let himself get hit to protect Luffy.

I am fully confident that Sabo will be able to beat Akainu at the end of the series.

Does anyone have a scan of Doflamingo keeping watch of Flower Field with his Haki? Because I'm having doubts on him having Observation Haki (and fighting G4 / attacking Fujitora before he finished his sentence aren't enough IMO). It'd be nice to see a source of him actually using Observation Haki.

EDIT: Also, the Voice of All Things should be removed from the explanation of Haoshoku Haki. It has not been suggested to be related to Haki at all yet.

Damage3245 said:
Do you think that if Aokiji had the Snow-Snow fruit and Monet had the Ice-Ice fruit, that Aokiji wouldn't be able to beat her?
Due to the way devil fruit powers work, yes. Logia elemental weaknesses follow a completely different logic compared to character power levels and the 2 have no relation.

I am fully confident that Luffy will take down Akainu. We'll only know which of us is right when the time comes.

LordWhis said:
Due to the way devil fruit powers work, yes. Logia elemental weaknesses follow a completely different logic compared to character power levels and the 2 have no relation.

I am fully confident that Luffy will take down Akainu. We'll only know which of us is right when the time comes.
Devil Fruit superiority does not work like that. It's not an instant "You win!" feature of the One Piece world.

Coby could not beat Big Mom if he had the magma-magma fruit and she had the fire-fire fruit. If you believe that he does, then that's completely ridiculous.

Sabo defeating Akainu makes more sense from a story perspective; he's a revolutionary and Akainu is the leader of the marines. Akainu killed Sabo's brother (this also applies to Luffy of course but works just as well for Sabo) so Sabo would be avenging him. It would also be a rematch between the fire-fire fruit and the magma-magma fruit, making it more poetic if fire wins this time and Akainu loses.

Ace stalemated Aokiji due to logia elemental relations despite the fact that he was nowhere remotely near him in terms of power.

Ace is a Yonko Commander, and he stalemated a single attack. You're right that he isn't on the same level as Aokiji, but saying he's "nowhere remotely near him in terms of power" is a bit disingenuous.

Having a superior Devil Fruit isn't an instant-win mechanic. It doesn't give Sabo a crippling weakness that means he will always lose to whoever has the Magma-Magma fruit...

Fine, let's agree to disagree, this mechanic has not yet been explained enough for either of us to be proven definitively right.

Akainu explained it himself. His magma is hotter than Ace's fire. That's all there is to it.

So long as Sabo doesn't turn it into a competition of his heat versus Akainu's heat, he won't instantly lose.

Akainu burning Ace's fire is a mis translation, Akainu bypasses Ace's intangibility since magma is a thick substance and smothered the fire.

That isn't the official translation. This would be the official translation, not only that but here they refer to Akainu's Devil Fruit element as Magma. The one you posted refers to him as Lava which is false, the official One Piece wiki also backs this up.
Ae8sSUk

Actually the wiki does back knight up-

"This fruit's ability is naturally of a higher order than the fire-manipulating Mera Mera no Mi,[7] with the magma produced able to consume the opposing flames, and neutralize the fire-based intangibility, harming the user.[2]"

Back