• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Water Seven

" SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!" - Franky's catchphrase

"Aren't you the one being hurt? The government says your existence is a crime, but no matter how kind of weapons you may hold, just being alive isn't a sin! THERE'S NO CRIME IN LIVING!!!" -Franky to Nico Robin

Some quotes for our resident Superman.

EDIT: Pirate;-

"I can live? I never dared to wish for something like that, the world had denied me that hope. But now if I'm allowed to say my wish just this once then I... I WANT TO LIVE! Take me with you take me away from here!" -Pre-Timeskip Robin's resolve to live

"This 'New Era' they keep rambling on and on about is a load of crap! The era where pirates dream of treasure will come to an end!? Yeah Right! Zehahahahahahahaha! THE DREAMS OF PIRATES WILL NEVER END!!! AM I RIGHT!?" - Blackbeard to Luffy (Feel more better than the other one)

Marine;-

"With the base all we need to do is rebuild it...However... this island of Marineford is practically the center of the entire world. There is a purpose to us being here!!! The 'justice' known as morality will not be destroyed!!! Do not carelessly run your mouth and talk about things like sinking this island, you greenhorn!!!!!" - Sengoku to Blackbeard

"Why don't you kill me? Is it because I am a woman? In a real fight, there is no man or woman. If you don't fight with your real power, that will be the most shameful thing. You will never understand my feeling to be born as a woman. I didn't become a swordman just for fun!" -Tashigi to Roronoa Zoro

Yonkou;-

"Joker! You better hurry the hell up! I don't care if this boring world is destroyed! Let's start the greatest war the world has ever seen!" -Kaido

"Listen up... you can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me... you can even spit on me; I'll just laugh that stuff off. But... good reason or not, nobody hurts a friend of mine!"-Shanks

"Bring me sweets! If you do, I'll make a promise with you! A promise of peace! And of a dream country! If you listen to what I say, you will all live happily! And if you don't listen... you're being selfish! And I'm gonna kill you!" -Big Mom

StrawHats' Goals and Aspirations
StrawHats' Aspirations/Resolves

https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/2kwetb/a_mans_dream_will_never_end_what_type_of/ https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/8k7xfa/is_blackbeard_really_that_bad/

What kind of Person do you think Blackbeard is, do you think he's an evil person or not. It's fuuny and scary how alike both he and Luffy are (as they are both hard-core dreamers) and yet at the same time not (BB willing to betray his allies to get places while Luffy does not but rather want to reach his goal WITH his allies).

Knowing Oda, Blackbeard will have the most tragic backstory that make sob stories like Robin's and Law's look like jokes in comparsion.

Ace vs Blackbeard
Here an awesome moment from One Piece!!!

I like to think Blackbeard has like the perfect foil to Luffy he also has dreams and wants to be the Pirate King but unlike Luffy he's ruthless, selfish and will sacrifice anything even his comrades to reach the top

Having read the last of Pre Time Skip recently there's a part in Impel Down where BB still believes dreams never die when Luffy proclaims he will save Ace

It's crazy to think he want from being a no named Pirate to Revolutionizing the world in just a few hours

Edit: and whatever he's evil or not he definitely embodies what a normal pirate is

Not to mention the only person in the history of the world to have two Devil Fruits at the same time. This is why Blackbeard is honestly one of my favorite shonen villain.

Devil Fruits were set out to be this ultimate weapon that when somebody consume one, they gain unbelievable strength. Able to turn weak-ass fighter into a threatening foe. Then we learn why Luffy or any other person is not goubling up all the Devil Fruits they see in sight and that because you can only have one and if you become greedy and eat more than one, you blow up with all your gore and insides spilling all over the ground (really wish Oda show us an example of a greedy pirate like this). But from that point, Oda have established in our mind an undeniable fact and truth that at the time can't be broken.

Then we have Mr. Blacky over here, no-name, cherry loving pirate just came out of no-where and shatter what was established to be an undeniable truth in the world. We was given a reason to fear this pirate even more so for he plan for this the very moment he got his hands on the Devil Fruit, he planted within our sub-consciousness that this was only just the beginning, a mere prolouge to his journey to become the greatest in the world. That no one is gonna stop him and he will only grow much more meancing. It's even more terrying to the world that when one monster (Whitebeard) was killed, a much greater and stronger monster was born from the ashes of it. Like Unohana from Bleach said, when two monsters met, one will either nuture or feed the other.

One thing Oda is really good at is making One Piece ether epic or hilarious depending on the scene

Like it's so hilarious in hindsight Blackbeard's debut has him getting into a fight with Luffy over cherry pie

And in hindsight when it plays with our expectations and foreshadowed there rivalry at the same time

One thing I like about Blackbeard is that he is a person who believes that dreams and possibilities are endless. It's very nice and different to see a villain motivating the protagonist to move on as well. For me he is the perfect contrast of Luffy in the world of One Piece, I'm sure the final battle between both will be more incredible than Ace's.

Except for G3 in both versions (i don't like that one we have).

I accidentally read the spoilers and I feel so hyped rn.

Currently I'm using ********* for the colored manga ( which for some reason always has werid Naruto adds)

Maybe it's part of his wildfire title might be explained later

im wondering if Smoothie will get to do something now

Daaaamn, I can't believe Big Mom got destroyed by a surprise attack when she was vulnerable.

If only there was someone in that crew with the power to somehow predict the future to avoid such a disaster.....

EDIT: Can't wait to see Raid Suit in action. Might even push Sanji to the lowTier 6 rank

Oh yeah no Katakuri is a bummer i was kinda hoping for him vs King

like even Flampe is there

Edit; same wonder what made him change his mind on it

Not gonna lie I'm dissapointed King didn't turn out to be a biblical creature. Least this fits the prehistoric theme of Kaido's upper echelon.

I didn't Prometheus. That was probably intentional. He'll either vaporize the water next chapter or be conviniently absent to keep the BM pirates down for a while.

I also think Prometheus is gonna vaporize all the water, he was about to bake in Whole Cake so it would make sense. And I think something like that would be a nice upgrade for the verse.

Plus I think we're getting Yonko vs Yonko soon.

KobsterHope07 said:
Daaaamn, I can't believe Big Mom got destroyed by a surprise attack when she was vulnerable.
If only there was someone in that crew with the power to somehow predict the future to avoid such a disaster.....

EDIT: Can't wait to see Raid Suit in action. Might even push Sanji to the lowTier 6 rank
Imagine When arrives King stomps Big Mom on her Pirate ship getting hit got falling.

Big Mom is ded lol

At the very least, I see EoS Luffy being around Country to Large Country level. I would be happy to see one day a 5-C or 5-B Luffy so we can have a battle between Ichigo and Naruto at their strongest.

Back