• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Seventeen Fishman Island

Swords might get new powers from becoming black blades *shrugs*, either way it's not the sword that makes the swordsman. Hiteteu suggests that Enma may raise in rank(grade) if it became a black blade, I'm assuming that's the same for all blades.

The mean seriously I have never gotten the traditional Japanese swordsmanship arguments for Zoro- the man fights with a katana in his mouth for god's sake. His fighting style is about as traditionally Japanese as Kentucky fried chicken.

But seriously it's a great sentiment, if Bush and Saddam had just had a threesome with a cute Japanese girl instead of the Iraq war the world would be so much better.

Make love not war.

Zoro is definitely keeping Enma, both it and Wado were forged by Kozaburo so it's like special, plus having a sword owned by Goden that scarred Kaido is also cool.

Idk having a sword named after the king of hell that can supposedly "cut through to the bottom of hell" sounds a whole lot cooler than some random Cutlass Roger picked up.

I'm sure once more will be revealed about Roger's sword it'll seem just as cool.

If Uranus is a sword that could be cool too.

Wait..... what if Roger's cutlass is Uranus !

Could probably calc the sea king based on the fact that thing appeared faster than Luffy could see, so like maybe find out the average child's Perception/reaction speed and use that.
Screenshot 20200226-233308 Samsung Internet

Wait.. for momoo, he appears a few times so you could probably get something better than that from the panels alone.

Could probably pixel scale to try get the length of the sea king since oda never gave one for this one as well. 190cm from around the eyes to bottom lip (although the mouth is open so when closed it would be slightly less):
Screenshot 20200226-235459 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20200226-235746 Gallery

Yeah, this isn't going to be too impressive in term of feats.

I hope the quality is good and it shows respect for the story at the very least.

I'm not asking for excelence, just human decency.

I mean, Kaido definitely doesn't scale to Zunesha, that was accepted and it's a bad argument in the first place that ignores basic logical principles.

Anyone trying to argue the outlier portion is ignoring the fact that the Gura Gura no Mi still exists and in the next arc is GOING to see major screentime

Xulrev said:
I mean, Kaido definitely doesn't scale to Zunesha, that was accepted and it's a bad argument in the first place that ignores basic logical principles.
Anyone trying to argue the outlier portion is ignoring the fact that the Gura Gura no Mi still exists and in the next arc is GOING to see major screentime
It ignored your head-canon as to why Kaido would scale, if it actually follows logic.

0483-008.png
For some reason, I find this mini-story really touching.
If you think a bit about it, Moriah ruined the life of an innocent young woman just to satisfy Hogback's fetish. The woman looks really young and her shadow was stolen 10 years ago? Dude, that's ****** up. She must have been very young when got punished with a life in the darkness, hidden from sunlight.

Added the fact that her master is really comprehensive and kind with her that he's not mad for her mistake when lots of these are douchebags that would fire her or even hurt her from something like dropping plates. But he smiles and says "**** the plates! You're going to live a normal life again!"

Man, in a few panels Oda hinted a tragic story with a happy ending.

The Calaca said:
0483-008.png
For some reason, I find this mini-story really touching.
If you think a bit about it, Moriah ruined the life of an innocent young woman just to satisfy Hogback's fetish. The woman looks really young and her shadow was stolen 10 years ago? Dude, that's ****** up. She must have been very young when got punished with a life in the darkness, hidden from sunlight.

Added the fact that her master is really comprehensive and kind with her that he's not mad for her mistake when lots of these are douchebags that would fire her or even hurt her from something like dropping plates. But he smiles and says "**** the plates! You're going to live a normal life again!"

Man, in a few panels Oda hinted a tragic story with a happy ending.
You just made me hyped for Thriller Bark

Thriller Bark is one of the most overlooked and underrated arcs, mostly because of its comedy.

But it's very interesting how it features a couple of themes that are out of place for a shonen manga: Hogback's pasion for Cindry, the consequences of having your shadow stolen, the way Hogback plays with human lifes by creating zombies, Brook's story, Kuma almost killing Zoro, Moriah foreshadowing how terrible the New World can be.

Back