• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #3

So,new information come from the new Databook:

Shanks can use the advanced Observation Haki just like Katakuri.

- Ben Beckman is 50 years old.

- Roger's height is 274 cm.
Lucky Roo: 241 cm.
Beckman: 206 cm.
Shanks: 199 cm.
Yasopp: 183 cm.
Buggy: 192 cm.
Coby: 167 cm.

- In Oda's initial plan, Garp would tell Usopp about his father Yasopp in Water 7 arc.

- Makino's height is not known because of her " secret shoes ".

- Yasopp iseem to not be a Haki user

- Yasopp's favourite food is fresh fish.
Shanks: fried rice.
Roger: shark meat and sake.
Beckman: fried fish rolls.
Coby: rice balls.
Helmeppo: steak and caviar.
Koshiro: watermelon.

- Shanks has mastered all types of Haki to a maximum extent.

- Lucky Roo is the Red Hair Pirates' warrior. He's like Zoro from Straw Hat Pirates.

- Eiichiro Oda avoids talking about Roger's Haki.
He also avoids talking about Roger's Devil Fruit and Shanks' Devil Fruit.

- Shanks became an Emperor more than 13 years ago.

- Lucky Roo is the one who stole Gomu Gomu no Mi from an enemy ship.

- Yasopp is indeed the Red Hair Pirates' sniper.

- Zoro was born in the same place where he trained.

Zoro awakened his Haki thanks to Mihawk's training.

- Kuina is indeed dead.
She was born in the same place where she trained.

- Koshiro is indeed Kuina's father.

- Buggy was born in the Grand Line.

- Zoro uses Observation Haki and Armament Haki.

- Usopp uses Observation Haki. He is the fourth Straw Hat pirate to unlock Haki.

Coby is 20 years old

CinCameron20 said:
Also, no one can convince me that Katakuri is a better villain than Doflamingo. Someone even tried to tell me Katakuri's backstory was more tragic and impactful. Is that a joke?
"I decided to become an edge-lord and hide my face because my sister was assaulted and scarred because of it"

>

"I was raised in heaven, but my father decided to take our family and live like normal people, resulting in a horrible child-hood, the death of my mother, and torture at the hands of citizens who hate the Celestial Dragons, leading me to kill my father and to return to my rightful place as a descendant of God only to be rejected and forced into piracy. I then took measures in order to have the World Government under my thumb and abused their power, keeping them in check while aiming to bring down the bastards that cast me out."

Naw, totally, Katakuri's backstory OP.

(Cough, Doffy>Katakuri)
Assuming everyone here reads the manga,

In the context of the story Katakuri is not written to be a villain but rather a power escalating obstacle.

Luffy fighting on par with a Yonko has to be earned. Characters such as Cracker and Katakuri are only here to give Luffy those experience points. I think Oda played his cards right. Luffy needed Law for Doffy, Nami for Cracker, and Katakuri was sympathetic. Luffy's win with Katakuri DID feel cheap, but Katakuri's sympathy for Luffy's fighting spirit made the outcome more believable. Katakuri's back story helped out with Luffy's win too.

Recap: Doflamingo was foreshadowed. Katakuri was shoehorned. Luffy's next villain is Kaido. Not only because it's the Wano arc, but because we've seen Kaido foreshadowed. Any villain who is foreshadowed like Doffy should be better than a power escalating obstacle.

CinCameron20 said:
Doffy beats cracker no debate. Katakuri is questionable...
Fite me IRL, yeet.
I do agree that Doffy can whip Cracker in a fight because no matter how many Naruto clones Cracker summons, Doffy can turn the forest into strings while he sits on a thread between two clouds out of Cracker's reach. Cracker even admits to Luffy that he does not like to feel pain (which makes him a wimp). All the while Doflamingo can take multiple hits from Gear 4th and still stitch himself back together. If all this doesn't work out then God Thread > Honey Pretzel. One can strike from a safe distance (Doffy) while the other needs to get close (Cracker). If it's argued that Doffy's strings couldn't pierce the biscuits then all Doffy needs to do is bind them in thread and toss them all into the sea (which is what he should've done to Luffy).

Knowledge, fame, power.

The man who earned all that was the blogger, Cin Cameron. His last words sent the people to the respect threads.

"Is Katakuri stronger than Doflamingo? Discover it by yourselves! I left all my research in that place".

In this age the people read the manga hoping they can find the way to Country Level One Piece. The wiki has entered the One Piece Calcer Age.

Disclaimer: Don't kill me if it's wrong. I never watched One Piece in english dub.

@ZackMoon thanks for the info. It's too bad he left.

I got into One Piece back in 2015 because I thought Gear 4th looked cool. Then I found out that I was missing out on an amazing series!

@Veloxt thanks, but Sayer7mage and Tekking101 have me beat. Cin seemed to even be above them!

Yeah I got into watching him during Bleach TYBW arc. He makes some interesting points that I tend to overlook. His knowledge on OP is amazing too.

Me too. I'm subscribed to Tekking. I got into One Piece back in 2015. But I started from the beginning. So am I the expert?

In my case i'm watching since 2013. It's unbelievable for me when I look back.

Also I reading the manga again looking for every single feat.

OishiLover75 said:
Me too. I'm subscribed to Tekking. I got into One Piece back in 2015. But I started from the beginning. So am I the expert?
You're well informed at the very least. To be an expert you have to research the series like it was for an Essay working towards your masters degree. To be a master you'd have to get in touch with Oda's inner circle and get info straight from the legend himself.

I've watched the whole series myself, but have no experience with calcs.

I got into One Piece when I was young ( unfortunately it had to be the 4kids version) and have been watching the anime and been planning on getting into the manga very soon to

I know just felt kinda weird going from east blue to Water 7 like that he must have been older then when Luffy first meet him then I thought

Back