• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #3

Kataguri

Luffy

Benn

Green Bull

Fuji

Kizaru

Akoiji

Akainu

Mihawk

Dragon

BB

Shanks

SenGoku

Rayleigh

WB

BM

Kaido

Garp

Shiki

Roger

Top Tiers in OP, in my opinion.

1-5) Roger, Prime Whitebeard, Prime Garp, Prime Sengoku, Prime Shiki.

6-17) Old Whitebeard, Shanks, Post Timeskip Blackbeard, Old Garp, Old Sengoku, Kaido, Big Mom, Post Timeskip Akainu, Dragon, Mihawk, Prime Rayleigh, Prime Zephyr.

18-27) Pre Timeskip Akainu, Kizaru, Aokiji, Fujitora, Ryokugyu, Marco, Katakuri, Benn, Prime Tsuru, Old Rayleigh.

28-39) Post Timeskip Luffy, Smoothie, Cracker, Jack, Ace, Jozu, Vista, Doflamingo, Jinbe, Sabo, Kuma, Old Tsuru.

Unknown: Ym-sama, Rocks, Shiliew, Kong.

1-4)Roger, Prime WB, Prime Garp,(Likely) Ym-Sama.

5-17)Shanks, Kaido, Big Mom, current Blackbeard, Mihawk, Prime Rayleigh, Prime Sengoku, Akainu, Kuzan, Kizaru, Fujitora, Greenbull, (likely) Dragon.

18-25))Shiliew, Marco, Katakuri, Ben Beckman, Current Luffy, Sabo, (posibly)Kuma, (posibly) Weevil.

Looks like most of us have the same idea regarding the best of the best. Why does WB keep getting higher than other yonko though?

Even to the other Yonko Whitebeard was regarded as a big deal.

Also, Big Mom when listing the Yonko she could have beaten if she had Elbaf's army listed Whitebeard last and most prominently (indicating he was a bigger deal than the other two).

I'll be the first to admit my knowledge of OP is not that high. The artistry always put me off util recently. Regarding WB I know at least this much:

He earned the title World's Strongest Man

He was a Yonko

He had a DF with mean DC

Much stronger than Admirals, but not in a completely different league

Was old and sick at the time of his defeat.

Big Mom said that if she had the giants on her side she would have beaten Shanks, Kaido and even Whitebeard. Which means Big Mom considers Whitbeard above the rest of the Yonko.

Kaido wanted to attack Whitebeard during Marineford because he thought Whitbeard could kill him. The Ace novel says that before the era of the Yonko it was the era of Roger, Whitebeard and Shiki. Which is interesting as Big Mom was around back then. Sengoku said Whitebeard was the strongest man alive. Finally Whitebeard was a Yonko when he was past his prime and sick.

Hmm that's fair. I guess I might change my list then to put Prime WB over BM. Even so, Kaido is many times said to be the strongest thing. Man, Woman, child, cyborg, it doesn't matter. In a 1-1, Kaido is superior. I only rank Garp, Shiki, and Roger above because supposedly Garp earned his hero status by doing something to Kaido and they were before Kaido's time.

Also its worth pointing out that BM was part of ROCKS which Pre-Dates even Roger which may explain the era comment. BM is not a "Man" so Whitebeard wins that by default :p

We have no idea why Kaido is superior. It seems like he's immortal and tha's why can't die so he wins his fights because nobody can kill him. Man in this context probably means human. Also Buggy stated that Roger and Whitebeard were equal.

It really doesn't matyter that BM was part of Rocks. Garp said they (most likely refering to BM and Kaido) continued to grow in power even without their captain. BM had her empire when Roger was around yet she wasn't considered at the top with Roger, Shiki and WB back then.

Nope, that's just being too pro-WB. Kaido is superior, but only because he's immortal? WB is superior, no questions asked?

Strongest thing>Strongest Man and Big Mom is a woman with better feats than WB. WB was sick though so that's why I think he might be a little stornger than her when both were at their prime.

Probably an old pirate crew formed by some of the oldest characters in the series; Whitebeard, Kaido, Big Mom, Miss Bakkin, and Shakuyaku.

Yup. Makes me really interested in learning who could be the Captain of those monsters.

As long as we get something about them and Oda doesn't simply leave it in the air I'll be happy.

P:S Damage, I don't think Whitebeard was mentioned as a member was he?

Here's everything we know about Rocks: https://www.**********.com/one-piece/907/5

Hina brings up Big Mom and Kaido after hearing that they are going to kill Luffy and states they are the reason Garp is called the Hero of the Marines. Garp states their name is Rocks and that before Roger it was their era. Hina then says that even without their Captain they've continued to grow in strength. Garp says that if Rocks were to return the Marines would be incapable of handling it.

Then in the SBS for volume 90 someone asks Oda if Shakky was part of Rocks which Oda trys to deny but is obviously acknowledging that she was: https://www.reddit.com/r/OnePiece/comments/9cegd3/one_piece_volume_90_sbs_megathread/

This lines up with Shakky being a pirate 40 years ago and she was chased by Garp: https://********.org/chapter/65418/9

So my assumption is that Rocks was a Pirate Crew/Alliance that was the most powerful Pirates of their era and Shakky was the captain. After whatever Garp did to become the "Hero of the Marines" the crew splits up with BM and Kaido being the two who keep most of the crew. Which would actually kind of explain why each of them have a Road Poneglyph.

Also at Jump Feista 2017 Oda said he would introduce one of the legends that lurks in the One Piece world and that they would be the greatest enemy the Straw Hats have ever faced: https://pm1.narvii.com/6694/001a1158d8bd2e235a1510e32e5abd90311e578b_hq.jpg

After rereading this chapter I really think that Oda is going to soft-retcon this into being Crocodile showing his Awakened Devil Fruit.

Crocodile having Awakened Devil Fruit and yet still lose to a fodder like PTS Luffy would be hilarious

Yeah that looks exactly like what Doflamingo's awakening did.

What do you think Big Mom or Moriah's awakening would do if they have one?

Back