• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #3

By now Zoro has replicated pretty much all the attacks shown by Mihawk, it is terrifying to think how strong Mihawk really is.

Zoro savage
Bruh this arc will be beautiful thats for sure lol. The type of setting already proves that with the Sakura trees and leaves falling at the opening of the panel. Man im so hype for this!! Can this be a speed feat for Zoro by the way and could it be calced since it looks like he moved in one second when the lady's finger had hit the string and zoro was already gone
Also on Zoro's profile he sould probably be able to make use of anything type of blade and use it at its max potential

was it ever supposed to be a arc. First how long does the Reverie last. I mean has it started, and how much needs to be decieded upon. That maybe why because it may take days or weeks for everything to be decieded upon so Sabo and gang maybe doing some recon which takes a little while to do

Maybe we'll go back to the Reverie next week. Seems like Oda could interchange between events at Wano and the Reverie.

But I think the Reverie will end before the climax of Wano.

the chapter opened saying that this is happening at same time as reverie so expect to get more reverie for a few more weeks since this is merely a look into what the rest of the crew is up to as luffy makes his way to wano.

lol but seriously tho this arc will look gorgeous. I mean we seen the inside of the country but even the wildlife looks great and the beach with a huge waterfall and the country sits at the top of it

AstralKing7 said:
lol but seriously tho this arc will look gorgeous. I mean we seen the inside of the country but even the wildlife looks great and the beach with a huge waterfall and the country sits at the top of it
Not only the background but the characters themselves look more gorgeous than before.

oh i wonder will Oda say something about that tomorrow in the chapter like having Luffy sharing a cup of sake with someone in Wano? Maybe the guy who house he is staying in

First did anyone see that sword tho!!!? Oda just kinda foreshadowed how Luffy will get a new power to fight the Yonko. Its a cursed sword which is one of the Great Grade Blades. It also seems that Luffy will use it next chapter. Tbh since Luffy was a pirate and most pirate captains we seen have weapons, i always wanted Luffy to have his own sword. DOffy had his guns, Law his sword, WB his spear, Mihawk had sword, Shanks has his sword and Ace had a dagger or knife i think and Gol D Roger had his sword as well.

If he uses next chapter can we add it to his profle

I don't think you understand. Luffy is no swordsman. If he uses one of the Kitetsu swords, it's almost guaranteed to attempt to kill him. If anything, Zoro is going to acquire it. He already has the Sandai Kitetsu. This arc is a good chance for him to obtain all 3 Kitetsu blades for himself. I've already suspected him to have 9 blades by EoS.

CinCameron20 said:
I don't think you understand. Luffy is no swordsman. If he uses one of the Kitetsu swords, it's almost guaranteed to attempt to kill him. If anything, Zoro is going to acquire it. He already has the Sandai Kitetsu. This arc is a good chance for him to obtain all 3 Kitetsu blades for himself. I've already suspected him to have 9 blades by EoS.
So the sword is enchanted? Is this something in Japanese mythology I haven't heard.

No, it was already explained that the Kitetsu blades in One Piece are cursed. All Kitetsu sword-smiths are stated to have created nothing but cursed blades.

When Zoro obtained the Sandai Kitetsu in Logue-Town, it was noted that all Kitetsu blades betrayed and led the users to horrible deaths. However, the Sandai Kitetsu ended up accepting Zoro as its wielder.

The predecessor of the Sandai Kitetsu is the Nidai Kitetsu (and is of a higher grade, being one of the 21 Great Swords), which is the sword Luffy currently has at the end of chapter 912. If Luffy uses that sword, chances are it will attempt to kill him. Luffy is no swordsman, nor does he have any business wielding a sword of that caliber. The blade's spirit may feel insulted and thus attempt to kill Luffy as a result. This is most certainly going to be the case, as the Nidai Kitetsu is of higher regard than the Sandai Kitetsu.

Zoro must obtain that blade. This may mean that his Sandai Kitetsu will either break, or he'll have a 4th sword, and he may end up using 9 different blades by EoS.

The only one of these 3 Kitetsu we have not seen is the Shodai Kitetsu, which is the predecessor of both blades, and is one of the 12 Ultimate Grade Swords, same as Mihawk's blade.

It is even confirmed that each generation of Kitetsu gets weaker. Shodai Kitetsu > Nidai Kitetsu > Sandai Kitetsu.

How can a sword kill its user? The only time we've seen inanimate objects be movable is from Zoan Devil Fruits. I don't know how else a sword is cursed. It can't be from Baccarat's powers.

???

It's explained throughout this chapter, and when Zoro tests his luck with the sword's curse, the blade's path ever so slightly shifted to avoid cutting him.

The center of the spin was falling straight down onto Zoro's arm, so even if he got "lucky", the blade would have still given him a slash at minimum--remove his arm at worst. Upon reaching Zoro's arm, the blade moved forward to avoid cutting him. It then returns to its original horizontal position after passing Zoro.

When Zoro first uses the blade, Sandai Kitetsu was noted as being a problem child, as Zoro's control over its cutting power was not absolute, as it cut straight through a stone ax and nearly led to part of the boulder slamming straight into Zoro's face. He also noted that the blade was not acting based on his will.

I could go on and find more prominent cases in the manga, but that's too much effort on my part to prove myself right when the next chapter will prove my point when Luffy's fighting is hindered by the blade, and he suffers an injury.

Back