• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread #2

Pica ~= Vergo

Vergo > Sanji

Zoro > Pica

Zoro >> Sanji

Zoro Asura >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Sanji :p

I mean, I suspect that Snack would lay the smackdown on Judge if he got serious, but all we get to see later is that Judge is a bit bloody and roughed up, but nothing serious, and nothing about Snack's condition.

If Snack were indeed shown to have been injured, Vinsmokes and Perospero would scale.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Meh. I'd only like to see something about it if it'd scale to Sanji. I don't like Judge at all.

Nobody likes Judge. You know I always say never trust a man with a mustache. Look at Enji from BNHA.

Do you guys have somewhere that you check someone's proficiency in Haki or if they can use certain types of Haki?

Like a databook or something.

No, we have to use mostly speculation or statements for that sort of thing (the latter of which is seriously lacking for characters who CLEARLY have Kenbushoku Haki--which is a lot harder to look for than Busoshoku).

Not to mention that characters with no control (or can't use pre-cog or hardening) are automatically only capable of basic application.

Koby in the recent chapter is noted as being quite exceptional with Kenbunshoku as compared to Helmeppo (for clairvoyance and sensing are the only things even alluded), but he hasn't displayed any form of pre-cog yet.

If we relied strictly on statements and feats, Whitebeard would be like the Admirals and not have Kenbunshoku Haki, which is totally not the case.

Yes.

mus┬Àtache ╦êməs╦îtaSH,mə╦êstaSH noun a strip of hair left to grow above the upper lip.

Also, "hige" is the only term used for facial hair in Japanese, so it means both "beard" and "mustache".

His name would technically be "Whitemustache".

Whitebeard is the only one manly enough to call his mustache a beard and for no one to challenge him otherwise.

EDIT: Also, Whitebeard does have the feat at least of being able to prevent all of Ace's assassination attempts, even when he's clearly not looking at Ace or he's asleep.

Some could, but personally I don't. Whenever characters show off nigh-precognitive awareness of when they're being attacked, Haki is usually involved. There's also the matter of him not reacting at all to Crocodile's attack (despite certainly being aware of his presence) because he knew that Luffy would intercept it for him.

Kenbunshoku is getting close to Instinctive Reaction, just no evidence of users fighting without thinking, but it's being suggested, and Luffy's getting close to it. He dodged an attack due to reaction, just hasn't fought.

@Burning - Kenbunshoku and Busoshoku need to be fully explored before Haoshoku is. That Haki is the most powerful, ironically. Kenbunshoku and Busoshoku have only been hinted towards their full potential.

I wonder how strong Jinbe is overall. Definitely stronger than base Luffy and probably a little weaker than G4 is my guess.

Finally caught up with the manga. :)

Am I missing something or couldn't Luffy see a little bit into the future before his fight against Katakuri?

He might have been able to see a split-second into the future, but Katakuri was able to see several seconds into the future which Luffy couldn't manage to do until that fight.

Adept Kenbunshoku Haki users can see brief premonitions into the future, by like a split second or two somewhat inconsistently (unless intensely focused). Katakuri can actively see several seconds into the future as long as he remains his cool.

Burning Full Fingers said:
Does anyone think Luffy will go back to Impel Down for Bon?
No, unless it happened at the end of the series or in an epilogue.

The nature of One Piece makes the characters backtracking so far nigh-impossible.

Can we scale Luffy to yonkou level cuz the guy in the newspaper said that he is the fifth emperor? ovo

Back