• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece - Discussing stats (Chapter 955 and onward)

Read Chapter 955 before this thread:

Despite this being placed into the "Content Revision" thread, it will also serve partially as a discussion thread due to the Wano arc of One Piece as well as several other topics. We will be discussing changes in characters such as new keys or characters introduced in this arc.

First, I'd like to discuss Luffy and Zoro each receiving a new key that will be given an "Unknown" rating until the final battle of Wano occurs.

• Luffy will receive Goken (Haki ability with shockwave manipulation and dura negation), and it will be noted that he can also use his strongest Gear 4th attacks without much strain, as he was seen using King Kong Gun without doing more than panting.
  • Roronoa Zoro should gain some form of essence transfer via Haki, as shown when he had his haki and strength zapped by Enma upon swinging the blade for the first time, and was able to will the blade to return his energy.
There are other things that I think would need to be discussed in this thread such as a page for ALL of the named famous swords of One Piece with their own durability stat and abilities, but I'll leave that for the discussion.

Zoro currently has a Wano key that is simply rated as the previous, but since we all know the upgrades will eventually happen we did it anyways.

Luffy, on the other side, has his Wano key merged with his WCI key. We haven't splitted those because we were waiting for Luffy to grow stronger enough, but since has a few new abilities we should totally split it from his WCI self with the respective scaling until an upgrade happens.

Seems like resistance to power absorption is a result of either Ichimonji or Sandai. Otherwise looks fine to me.

Nope, Hitetsu said that Zoro was mastering Enma faster than expected because it was forged by the same blacksmith. Zoro wasn't using Wado Ichimonji when Enma took his Haki out of his body.

I doubt he has to be holding either sword for it to count. His other blades are clearly shown strapped to his body and we know the other sword was at least close by.

If the sword is the key then he wouldn't have his power drained to begin with. It's Zoro who get his strength back just being Zoro, either because he has developed such quality after years of training with WI or because he's Zoro and that's it. It's part of his abilities, the sword just gave him the ability without him noticing it.

Well that is your opinion but when Oda writes that these swords are complimentary and help him in mastering Enma I kind of beleive its the nature of the weaponary over Zoro is Zoro.

It will be an ability on Zoro's page either way, just specified to his Wano Key via the blade instead of something all Zoros have because they're Zoro.

The sword is relevant in the way that Zoro already knows how to tame swords with his years of experience on the subject.

If I tame a dog because I know how to calm it down because I had an aggresive pitbull when I was a child that made me learn how to tame it then the ability is mine, no the dog's.

Official translation will be out in a few hours if that helps.

Well, I'm just gonna bring up another topic that I mentioned in the OP and another thread: I believe it necessary to either make profiles for each of the named swords (would rather not), or a single page for the named blades of One Piece, and have each separated by brackets. Very short example: (This wont be including brackets separating each class of these swords and "Others". This is just to show what each section would look like)

Wado Ichimonji

78f9257b6834946a30072863fc606e070a665d8b hq
Wado Ichimonji

Summary: A blade crafted by the legendary swordsmith named Shimotsuki Kouzaburou, and is among the 21 Great Grade Swords. It possesses a pure-white grip on the handle, as well as a circular guard with a straight blade. It has a painted white sheath. Early on in One Piece, the blade belonged to Zoro's close friend Kuina, who has only been seen using it once during a duel with Zoro. Upon her accidental death, the Wado Ichimonji was entrusted to Zoro, and he has wielded it ever since.

Powers and Abilities: Nothing Notable (For now. Depending what's discussed in this thread, it may change)

Durability: At least Mountain level+, Possibly higher (This blade has never been shown scathed, despite taking a casual attack from Dracule Mihawk, and many attacks from characters as strong as Pica, Killer, and Basil Hawkins. It has also withstood numerous power-strikes employed by Zoro without ever chipping or being scratched)

Shusui

Shusui Infobox
Summary: A blade wielded by the legendary samurai Ryuma, who once used the blade to slay a dragon. This blade is one of the 21 Great Grade Swords and is also a black blade. This blade was introduced by being wielded by an undead Ryuma, who was defeated by Roronoa Zoro, and passed the blade onto him. The blade is noted for its heaviness and durability by Zoro. It is a prized treasure of the Wano country.

Powers and Abilities: Absorption (absorbed the air slashes from Zoro's other blades to create a larger, more powerful strike)

Durability: At least Mountain level+, possibly higher (It has taken strikes from the likes of Pica and his Golem. It is also capable of withstanding the energy behind Zoro's strikes, and has not chipped. It is a black blade and is considered to be a rarity and quite powerful)

Just to reiterate, these are just examples and would likely need tweaking. Also, the page would consist of separating borders for each grade of sword (Mihawk, Shodai Kitetsu and WB's weapon would each be in a tab of their own due to being of the Supreme grade).

It's also been a long while, so I'm not too familiar with each trait of each sword. We have other examples like Funk-Freed, which is a sword that ate the elephant fruit.

It seems good. I'm not sure if we should add a page for every sword, but those that are notable enough might deserve it.

Tho I'd like to use some renders instead but I think there's no good enough renders for the swords.

Lol I remember when you first brought this up. It came across as meaning all swords, not just One Peice Vers. This is much more do-able. :p

I'm not sure how many blades exist or what issues may or may not arise from one page so I'll let others decide which format is preferable (One page or multiple). Only if something get's mismanaged will I weigh in one way or the other.

It's around 81 notable swords but not all of them have been presented and much less detailed about. In fact, the most notable thing is Energy/Power Absorption for Enma and Curse Manipulation for the cursed swords.

But Haki doesn't drain life force, does it? Where are you getting that from?

It probably does. Tho I think that may need a proper revision with as much evidence as possible to determine if Haki is a life force based energy. We have seen that it can get weaker or disappear for some time if overused just like Gear 4th's after effect so I wouldn't discount it. That and the fact that Rayleigh stated it to be a power inside every living being.

I'm referring to Hitetsu saying that Enma takes away haki on its own to the point that Zoro physically got weaker.

Idk if that qualifies as life force or not, but, like you said, with Rayleigh saying its a force thats within all living creatures, obs haki sensing the presence of others, and haki disappearing when overused, there's a good amount of evidence I think.

I don't see a need for a profile for EACH sword seeing as how it's redundant due to AP being irrelevant (stamina, notable attacks, etc being completely empty) and depends on the wielder (unless the blade can move itself with no user), and a page with ALL One Piece swords will also allow us to list any abilities each have, or features (if any). The page would likely be named "Meito" and would be placed on the One Piece page somewhere.

Just to show another example (albeit very small):

(And yes, I know the links are messy due to me making a previous comment w/ tabs, so ignore the first 2 links and it should be pretty clear)

Summary
Within the One Piece verse, there is a number of famous and powerful blades wielded throughout all the seas. Some of these blades are classified as a "Meito", or a ranked blade. There are the 12 Supreme Grade Blades, the most high quality and powerful blades in the world--one of which, the Kokuto Yoru being wielded by the greatest swordsman, Dracule Mihawk, the 21 Great Grade Blades, the 50 Skillful Grade Blades, and the Grade Swords.

(Would likely need more of a summary, but that's how it would start)

12 Supreme Grade Blades
The Supreme Grade Blades are among the highest class of the crafted swords. Among them, only 3 have been named, and 2 of them have been revealed.

Kokuto Yoru
Image Placement Summary: Some history of the blade. The wielder.

Powers and Abilities: Any notable abilities or attributes, if any.

Durability: Durability scaling to what the blade has come against, or the attack power of the wielder. In the case of the Kokuto Yoru, it'd be Country level due to withstanding attacks from characters of this level, and the attacks of the wielder, Mihawk.

Murakumogiri

Durability: Durability scaling to what the blade has come against, or the attack power of the wielder.

21 Great Grade Blades
The Great Grade class is not quite as impressive as the Supreme Grade class, but many of these blades are regarded as incredibly powerful, and some are treasured by entire countries. Shusui is an example, as it was wielded by the most renowned samurai to live in Wano, Ryuma, and it is a prized possession of the Wano country.

Wado Ichimonji

Durability: Durability scaling to what the blade has come against, or the attack power of the wielder.

Shunsui

Nidai Kitetsu

Enma

and so on..

There would be a section for each tier of sword, and a description and durability + ability listing for each one. Pretty simple, and clear cut, and would serve as a good page to link on sword wielder profiles in One Piece.

In regards to Enma and Zoro, both have some form of Absorption of Life Essence for sure. It's clearly just not Zoro's Busoshoku that is being drawn out, but also his own essence, seeing as how his arm went bony.

It could be argued that if someone tried disarming Zoro in a versus match, succeeded, then picked up Enma and tried to fight Zoro with it, they'd self destruct unless they have resistance to life force absorption.

However, I don't think Haki itself "drains" life-force, but it can "transfer" it. The difference is that it's a two-way street, not one-way. Those who use Goken (ignoring its most advanced application) can transfer their Haki outward, away from their body. Doflamingo, Zoro, and Mihawk are such users in that they can imbue their weapons, clothing, or possibly others with their Haki. Luffy did not know the technique beforehand, but now he does, and he's even learning how to transfer it into targets as a "poison" of sorts, to destroy them from the inside.

I believe we should discuss editing the Haki page yet again before we decide to touch each Haki user's profile again, and to make it easier to distinguish each ability for each user. Specifically talking Busoshoku needing an edit, of course.

>>I believe we should discuss editing the Haki page yet again before we decide to touch each Haki user's profile again

Too soon. You just finished addressing that Haki can be transfered both positively and negatively. You also attempted to distinguish between life force and Haki when Fullmetal and Calaca just started discusing whether haki qualifies as life force.

Just going off that and how many times you used "again" I think it is better to wait and see how all these developments unfold. Shouldn't have to wait long given where the story is and that way we don't rush to assumptions which have to be edited . . . again.

@Fix - It was already brought up in another thread how each profile will need to be revised anyways in order to specify what each user can use from each ability in regards to Kenbushoku and Busoshoku. The way the Haki page is currently, it would be impossible. So the page would need to be edited. I said nothing about the life-force applying to the page. We're still discussing that.

A collective page for all of the known major One Piece swords should probably be fine.

Zoro should have resistance to energy absorption, not resistance to power absorption, yes.

The Calaca said:
The Haki page has been ipdated with your previous proposal, Cin.
That was before other abilities even came up and were accepted, not to mention the fact after the edits, more conflict popped up regarding wanting to change the individual profiles, as some feel simply noting the potency of each user's Haki usage on their page is not enough, and would like more detail.

Probably. Not the place to discuss such a thing, honestly. Come here instead

Okay, I'm going to update Luffy's and Zoro's profiles with the current updates. I know that Luffy's profile will look a bit cluttered at the moment with two identical keys power-wise, but he's going to receive a major upgrade in power as well so it's temporary.

Okay, just read the official translation for Chapter 955. This is what Hitetsu said about Zoro:

"Boy... do you find that Enma fits comfortably in your hand?"

"You already wield Kitetsu III. That is one of mine."

"It works much like a cursed blade does. The weak cannot control it..."

"The most likely reason it feels familiar to you must be some twist of fate."

"You see, that white blade, Wado Ichimonji, and Enma were both crafted by the same man! The blacksmith Shimotsuki Kozaburo! He broke the laws and left this land over 50 years ago. Perhaps Lady Hiyori recognized your sword and gave you her father's Memento."

"Enma is not yet a black blade! Depending on you, its rank might be raised."

Welp, no statement about the sword being the reason for Zoro getting his strength and Haki back so we can discard that at the moment. I've updated his profile already and I'm about to finish the update to Luffy's.

Both profiles have been updated. I also updated Luffy's notable techniques section to be more graphic. It's still incomplete since there's a lot of techniques yet to be added, but this is a start.

Back