• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Combined Attacks but we're removing them.

Is the bazooka being a 2x amp based off the oars quote?
No it's based off rubber physics
If I stretch a rubber band and release it, it'll hit you with a certain KE
If I stretch two rubber bands at the exact same time and release, 2 of the exact same KE will hit you in the same area, thus- double the force hitting the same target

KT's dog smacking analogy continues to send me holy shit

Alright, what’s your retort to Damage’s question then? Cuz Luffy is impacting two different spots with bazooka. So it ain’t like one spot is experiencing double the impact, the same impact is being spread to two different spots.
Whenever he uses Bazooka we see 1 singular point of impact/dent in the body, not two palm shaped dents or two seperate impacts. Bazooka's always portrayed to generate a singular impact/shockwave rather than two seperate ones for each hand. However that works, it's made clear that both attacks generate a single force

gomu-gomu+bazooka.jpeg
2747ad960cb18417e0d7b5f74b81a1cf--one-piece--jet.jpg
4d999a4b17ffa1f8af1f094975b9984e.png
tumblr_nnz0jgqsKG1u6www0o1_1280.png

The jet version makes it all the more clear since it shows a single jet burst for the attack instead of two for each first, which is a thing it does with gatling gun.

Dudes throwing formulas around for an anime wherr a gun can eat a fruit and become a dog. Chill.

Now the entirety of the mechanic is based on one quote from Chopper. A singular statement isn't enough for us to accept a multiplier, furthermore Chopper isn't exactly omniscient, should I ask:
  • How exactly would Chopper know how much force a Bazooka has?
  • Does Chopper has any understanding in the physics behind the force of an attack?
Because all Chopper did was eyeball the Bazooka and said the attack force would be reduced by half.

I don't think the quote is reliable enough for us to use it.

The guy who technically lives with a dude who does bazooka every day is who you’re questioning about his reliability

You’re really hella over strict with this.

The guy who technically lives with a dude who does bazooka every day is who you’re questioning about his reliability

You’re really hella over strict with this.
I'm questioning his knowledge on said bazooka. You can't say Chopper has definitive knowledge on it, which makes the statement slightly dubious.

On top of being the only instance of this multiplier being alluded to in the entire series, and it makes me believe it's not reliable enough. Of course, I don't have a problem with it, I just wish it was more solid than one character (which might not be the most reliable) alluding to it once in the entire series.

This thread is mostly for discussion and to reach a consensus, so if everyone else is fine with this evidence, then it's okay.

I'm questioning his knowledge on said bazooka. You can't say Chopper has definitive knowledge on it, which makes the statement slightly dubious.
1. An ally of Luffy, has seen Luffy's attacks several times over, has seen many different attacks of Luffy on different victims, and works alongside others who have done the same. Has had many opportunities to measure the output of his techniques
2. Damn near everybody in the verse has shown that they're capable of knowing a decent amount of physics. Regular fodder in the same arc would tell who's stronger between Moria and Oars. They could tell the multiplier in strength given from shadows, and even people like Kaidou could also tell how rubber should move.
3. Chopper has been analyzing Oars for the entire fight.
4. Oda occasionally speaks through his characters to bring out points, like how he repeatedly speaks through Usopp about Devil Fruit abilities even though he should have no knowledge on devil fruit abilities, Oda states that he's speaking from Oda's POV and not his own perspective.
5. The fact that he could even make this assessment should speak numbers.
On top of being the only instance of this multiplier being alluded to in the entire series, and it makes me believe it's not reliable enough. Of course, I don't have a problem with it, I just wish it was more solid than one character (which might not be the most reliable) alluding to it once in the entire series.
This is a personal distaste for the multiplier.
This thread is mostly for discussion and to reach a consensus, so if everyone else is fine with this evidence, then it's okay.
Most people already said they're fine with Oars and Luffy having it and everyone else not having it.

No it's based off rubber physics
If I stretch a rubber band and release it, it'll hit you with a certain KE
If I stretch two rubber bands at the exact same time and release, 2 of the exact same KE will hit you in the same area, thus- double the force hitting the same target
KT already said you're wrong he confirmed Bazooka being a multiplier comes from the Oars statement, but you know that is kinda literally breaking the basic rule that multipliers can't be assumed right? They need to be stated.

1. An ally of Luffy, has seen Luffy's attacks several times over, has seen many different attacks of Luffy on different victims, and works alongside others who have done the same. Has had many opportunities to measure the output of his techniques
Do we ever see him do it?
I'd rather not assume Chopper is randomly measuring the output of his attacks, why would he just do it?
2. Damn near everybody in the verse has shown that they're capable of knowing a decent amount of physics. Regular fodder in the same arc would tell who's stronger between Moria and Oars. They could tell the multiplier in strength given from shadows, and even people like Kaidou could also tell how rubber should move.
Unless you show better examples this doesn't really work.
Assuming Oars is stronger than Moriah is what I think anyone would assume between the two, the people who knew the shadow thing iirc were trapped in the insland for a while so they could've just learned about it and so on.
Also why is Kaido knowing how rubber works is relevant here what?
3. Chopper has been analyzing Oars for the entire fight.
Nearly everything here is basic observations while you he got beaten up, like idk what this proves outside Chopper being able to gauge basic info.
This doesn't translate to him just being able to know a multiplier like this off the cuff
4. Oda occasionally speaks through his characters to bring out points, like how he repeatedly speaks through Usopp about Devil Fruit abilities even though he should have no knowledge on devil fruit abilities, Oda states that he's speaking from Oda's POV and not his own perspective.
Scans
5. The fact that he could even make this assessment should speak numbers.
No not really

While I don't mind removing Zoro's normal multipliers are we sure we should remove the Asura multiplier when the main jist of the form is 3 Zoros attacking at once?

Okay but this is a statement that makes sense in universe for Usopp to say as opposed for Chopper to know the exact multiplier of an attack from Luffy
Like this just seems like foreshadowing, the Chopper thing is a throwaway line where he says it to keep morale and shit

Plus the concept in this scan is elaborated further in the future, Chopper thing is basically never mentioned again
All in all not comparable imo

Okay but this is a statement that makes sense in universe for Usopp to say as opposed for Chopper to know the exact multiplier of an attack from Luffy
Like this just seems like foreshadowing, the Chopper thing is a throwaway line where he says it to keep morale and shit
Keep morale-

Bro WHAT

Yeah I'm done. Yall can remove this shit if yall want, i quit if this is the logic yall wanna use for this verse

It’s not like chopper isn’t a doctor or anything… and can even know when Zoro removed his memory but of course… gag… 😴

what does being a doctor have to do with this? 🐵

understanding a persons body and abilities… 🙈

Chopper wasn't even TRYING to disable Oars like that until after he started using Luffy's abilities. How is it dubious when he mentioned taking out an arm only after Oars' body began doing Luffy identical things and using techniques that the crew who know Luffy are familiar with?
The Oars argument is borderline nitpicking and relies on extremely specific hypotheticals.
If translations say taking an arm out "halves his power" or "cuts his offensive power by half" then that's that.

Chopper wasn't even TRYING to disable Oars like that until after he started using Luffy's abilities

Wasn't it because he only noticed the flaw in Oars' arm that he started trying to disable Oars like that?

If translations say taking an arm out "halves his power" or "cuts his offensive power by half" then that's that.
That statement has interpretations that make a lot more intuitive sense than a literal cutting of stats, heck using the "halves his power" translation is the only reason we even have this argument for so long since the other option just isn't favorable for this narrative at all.

Chopper wasn't even TRYING to disable Oars like that until after he started using Luffy's abilities. How is it dubious when he mentioned taking out an arm only after Oars' body began doing Luffy identical things and using techniques that the crew who know Luffy are familiar with?
Also will note, since Luffy's Bazooka requires two hands cutting his arm is a good move no matter what so

That statement has interpretations that make a lot more intuitive sense than a literal cutting of stats, heck using the "halves his power" translation is the only reason we even have this argument for so long since the other option just isn't favorable for this narrative at all.
The interpertation is nobody's fault but yours. If two translations (and the anime's) imply they're weaking his attacking ability by half, then that's it.
Also will note, since Luffy's Bazooka requires two hands cutting his arm is a good move no matter what so
.... Yes, that's the point. Disabling one arm halves his attack power. Chopper didn't even care about that after everyone was taking single-handed attacks/knees/headbutts, etc.
Chopper DID NOT CARE ABOUT THAT until Oars tried to Bazooka unconscious Robin and Sanji. Suddenly he's talking about "halving the power by taking out one arm" after witnessing a two handed attack that could've killed his crewmates.
This only doesn't make sense if you don't want it to. The context is there.
He wanted the possibiliy of Oars using two arms like that OUT, even though it was crystal clear that Oars would STILL BE STRONGER THAN ALL OF THEM with regular swings.

From 470 to 475 he didn't even want to disable him like that, he was just trying to find a weakness to go through his painlessness.

One statement from a non definitive source that is never replicated isn't enough for a multiplier to be accepted. It is as simple as that. How many guidebooks dedicated to talk about how powerful the characters are were there? None state such a mechanic

Send me more than 1 statement that says Gear 4th is a multiplier, or not so we can axe that too

One statement
One statement that matters so much the rest of the fight was dedicated to its importance.
non definitive source
From a crewmate who only made the statement after witnessing his crewmate's power, which he's familiar with, being used. SPECIFICALLY after witnessing said crewmate's two-handed attack being replicated.

Again, the arguments against Oars/Luffy are either headcanon or nitpicks at best.

Don't give'em ideas. Damage is writing a CRT just reading that
nah **** it. this blatant statement is being declined cause they want it gone, so i want everything gone now

remove the tobiroppo being the top 6 headliners since we don't have too many statements about it

remove hawkins' weakness since it only happens once in the story

remove moria being superior to oars since the people who said it don't have any backing

remove katakuri being the strongest BMP next to big mom since he never shows feats for it in the series

same above for king since he never shows the feats

remove rob lucci being the strongest cp9 agent since we don't know how anybody got to that conclusion

remove zunesha being 35000m tall since nobody says so in the series

yall actually sound dumb as hell

I checked a chapter after (478) and Nami/Usopp (the former being there for less time) even said "he has your shadow and can use all your moves."
The crew knows Luffy's abilities. We're basically disagreeing with the author hammering it in through the character.

I checked a chapter after and Nami/Usopp (the former being there for less time) even said "he has your shadow and can use all your moves."
The crew knows Luffy's abilities. We're basically disagreeing with the author hammering it in through the character.
they don't care bro

One statement from a non definitive source that is never replicated isn't enough for a multiplier to be accepted. It is as simple as that. How many guidebooks dedicated to talk about how powerful the characters are were there? None state such a mechanic
Ehhhhh

Not true when you take the Pound Ho and combo attacks into account, obviously we don't have another statement specifically for Bazooka or specifically for Oars but when we have the same logic being applied by other characters and it being consistent, then yes the multiplier is valid.

And no, a multiplier doesn't need to be re-stated every time someone uses it and the point about guidebooks is moot, multipliers being or not in guidebooks doesn't change anything for their validity, what matters is being stated in-verse and being consistent (OP fits both).

Back