• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1056: "Cross Guild" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO ... It's crazy that this is technically true
Crocodile and Mihawk fighting for Buggy's 5th Yonko commander spot:
1659430729820787.png

Not baiting. Mihawk's feats are lackluster.

-Clashing with Vista
-Clashing with Jinbe
-Failing to hit Gear 2 PTS Luffy
-Running when Shanks pulled up to Marineford saying that he agreed to fight Oldbeard not Shanks when he couldn't even scratch him due to Jozu
-Easily replaced by Vegapunk's science
-Getting chased by Marines and running

-Joining Buggy's crew for safety
Can't deny that Mihawk's on-screen feats are currently trash, but this was the case prior to marineford as well; For 500 chapters his only feats were in baratie and those alone wouldn't make him look stronger than Thriller Bark Zoro, but then we got his marineford feats.

The same has happened again, it's been 500 chapters since his marineford feats and those feats no longer hold up to Zoro's own, I imagine we'll get a short showcase to show again why Zoro still hasn't reached his goal.

Although saying that doesn't deny the fact Mihawk is still the world's strongest swordsman in name and actuality and the fact he still is stronger than Zoro and Shanks.

Can't deny that Mihawk's on-screen feats are currently trash, but this was the case prior to marineford as well; For 500 chapters his only feats were in baratie and those alone wouldn't make him look stronger than Thriller Bark Zoro, but then we got his marineford feats.

The same has happened again, it's been 500 chapters since his marineford feats and those feats no longer hold up to Zoro's own, I imagine we'll get a short showcase to show again why Zoro still hasn't reached his goal.

Although saying that doesn't deny the fact Mihawk is still the world's strongest swordsman in name and actuality and the fact he still is stronger than Zoro and Shanks.
He's the strongest at fighting with swords... that doesn't include hakimen like Shanks 🥱

Anyways, any bounty predictions for the admirals?
Depends on how much money Buggy has to offer, If I remember right he did receive the map to Captain John's treasure from Luffy in Impel down so assuming he found it he's probably pretty rich alongside the two years he spent with his pirate mercenary business. If I had to make a prediction I'd assume it would at least be in the billions.

Not baiting. Mihawk's feats are lackluster.

-Clashing with Vista
-Clashing with Jinbe
-Failing to hit Gear 2 PTS Luffy
-Running when Shanks pulled up to Marineford saying that he agreed to fight Oldbeard not Shanks when he couldn't even scratch him due to Jozu
-Easily replaced by Vegapunk's science
-Getting chased by Marines and running
-Joining Buggy's crew for safety
Clashing with people doesn't mean you're only as strong as those people. Luffy clashed with Ulti, but he's stronger than her, to the point where it's a total roflstomp. Luffy had to awaken future sight for a short second against Mihawk, and that's how Luffy avoided the hit. It was not Mihawk's fault Luffy could do that. Shanks had his whole crew at Marineford, and Blackbeard and his crew were also there. It was not guaranteed that he'd have had a completely fair fight with him plus that island was on the brink of collapse anyway. Running from the marines? We don't know if he fought them off or not, but do notice this fact that Primebeard brought up: " We can not fight them. They're an organization, if we fight more will keep coming. ". They don't get much from fighting the marines, and they're not obligated to do so. If he fought and defeated Kizaru, who's to say they won't send an a buster call or something? And then they might bring in ANOTHER admiral. It's a lot of hassle when he can simply just leave and help Buggy rebel against the World Government.

Depends on how much money Buggy has to offer, If I remember right he did receive the map to Captain John's treasure from Luffy in Impel down so assuming he found it he's probably pretty rich alongside the two years he spent with his pirate mercenary business. If I had to make a prediction I'd assume it would at least be in the billions.
Yeah he's likely super rich.

I'm assuming Akainu with 4 bil
Kizaru with 3.2 bil
Aramaki with 2.5 bil
Fuji with 2.5 bil

All I see in that list is a bunch of massive outliers (running from <EoS/Enies Lobby tiers), little to no context (Mihawk refuses to fight Shanks in general because he lost his arm), and Mihawk lying to the Marines that he'd even remotely go all out against the pirates when he's far superior to people who are Post-Timeskip G2 level.

Going by bounties and joining organisations has never been a remotely perfect indication of strength in One Piece.

All I see in that list is a bunch of massive outliers (running from <EoS/Enies Lobby tiers), little to no context (Mihawk refuses to fight Shanks in general because he lost his arm), and Mihawk lying to the Marines that he'd even remotely go all out against the pirates when he's far superior to people who are Post-Timeskip G2 level.

Going by bounties and joining organisations has never been a remotely perfect indication of strength in One Piece.
True. However bounties partially show strength, as they indicate strength and threat levels, it also matters if the person has a crew ofc.

Luffy clashed with Ulti, but he's stronger than her, to the point where it's a total roflstomp.
The Luffy that clashed with Ulti scales to the same value as her.
Luffy had to awaken future sight for a short second against Mihawk, and that's how Luffy avoided the hit.
He did not have future sight.

"He has a firm grasp of his vulnerability to slashes and the risk of having his outstretched arm cut off, based on his many experiences in actual combat. Luffy, who experienced being ridden by an unprotected outstretched arm in a fight with Kuro, who boasts of high speed, during the Summit War Luffy successfully avoided the danger of having his arm cut off by Mihawk"
It was not Mihawk's fault Luffy could do that.
And then you realized Luffy dodged multiple attacks.
Running from the marines? We don't know if he fought them off or not,
He quite literally implies that he was going to run away.
If he fought and defeated Kizaru, who's to say they won't send an a buster call or something? And then they might bring in ANOTHER admiral. It's a lot of hassle when he can simply just leave and help Buggy rebel against the World Government.
Sounds like a tad bit of copium ngl.

True. However bounties partially show strength, as they indicate strength and threat levels, it also matters if the person has a crew ofc.
Threat to the Marines is a very slippery slope.

Luffy's bounty levelled up as he caused more and more damage to the Marines, not as his abilities did.

It's not based on simply potential threat, it's also based on active threat. Otherwise the post-Wano bounties, among many others, would be far different.

Implying Admirals have the same strength or intelligence as the Yonkou
This man is not reading 🗿.

Bounties represent threat level. The threat level of admirals to pirates is really high. Just as high if not higher than Yonkou. Especially considering the fact that they're made by Buggy, a man who likes to make everything 'Flashy,' there's no doubt that the bounties are going to be outrageously high.

Yeah he's likely super rich.

I'm assuming Akainu with 4 bil
Kizaru with 3.2 bil
Aramaki with 2.5 bil
Fuji with 2.5 bil
I think it might be similar to how Doffy put bounties on people in Dressrosa with each star being worth 100 million.

An admiral = 4 stars maybe, fleet Admiral 5 stars.

With the difference being the money he's offering being far higher, not sure if it will reach several billions tho, I'm not sure if Buggy is that rich or willing to give away his money.

Luffy was holding back against Ulti, didn't use gear fourth or advanced armament. And again, how was Mihawk to know that Luffy would suddenly stop and retract his arms? Also stop overdosing on copium bud, listen to Primebeard's statement. Fighting the marines would be an endless and pointless battle, they have thousands of fighters, fodder or not, and it's just not purposeful.

With the difference being the money he's offering being far higher, not sure if it will reach several billions tho, I'm not sure if Buggy is that rich or willing to give away his money.
I mean, if Buggy gives Aramaki a bounty of like 2.5 bil and Mihawk defeats him to get the prize, then Buggy ends up not giving him money, what's Mihawk going to do? Cut him? ☠️ ☠️

I mean, if Buggy gives Aramaki a bounty of like 2.5 bil and Mihawk defeats him to get the prize, then Buggy ends up not giving him money, what's Mihawk going to do? Cut him? ☠️ ☠️
I'm just saying I don't think Buggy will make the bounties so ridiculously high that he ends up going broke.

Luffy was holding back against Ulti, didn't use gear fourth or advanced armament.
Your argument is that clashes =/= comparable in power by using the Ulti and Luffy argument. That version of Luffy and Ulti were comparable. Does Mihawk have any amps to the level that Luffy had? High 6-C to 6-A is a huge gap.

And again, how was Mihawk to know that Luffy would suddenly stop and retract his arms?
Lmao I'd assume that since his Epithet is 'Hawkeye' he'd have CoO potent enough to sense Luffy, but I guess not. Fodder.
Also stop overdosing on copium bud, listen to Primebeard's statement. Fighting the marines would be an endless and pointless battle, they have thousands of fighters, fodder or not, and it's just not purposeful.
Taking out 8 ships isn't hard. Look at PTS Gear 3 Luffy do it! ... Oh wait... I forgot... PTS Gear 2 Luffy > Mihawk.

Your argument is that clashes =/= comparable in power by using the Ulti and Luffy argument. That version of Luffy and Ulti were comparable. Does Mihawk have any amps to the level that Luffy had? High 6-C to 6-A is a huge gap.

Lmao I'd assume that since his Epithet is 'Hawkeye' he'd have CoO potent enough to sense Luffy, but I guess not. Fodder.

Taking out 8 ships isn't hard. Look at PTS Gear 3 Luffy do it! ... Oh wait... I forgot... PTS Gear 2 Luffy > Mihawk.
This implies Mihawk was going to bust out CoO or actually good haki to beat Luffy. He probably didn't even care about Luffy and did a couple swipes at him to look useful to the marines. Similar to Garp clocking Marco on the head with a loose little haki punch, which also was probably to just look a bit useful.

Does he have to be stronger than Shanks? They could be equals say like Sonic being said to be the world/history's fastest hedgehog & Shadow being confirmed to have speed on par with him.

Does he have to be stronger than Shanks? They could be equals say like Sonic being said to be the world/history's fastest hedgehog & Shadow being confirmed to have speed on par with him.
His databook states he's no longer got any worthy foes left (including Shanks), and that he's looking forward to the day a swordsman appears to surpass his rival red-hair. This alone seems to mean he's stronger, but the fact his title is stated to be a fact confirms that there isn't a swordsman equal to him.

His databook states he's no longer got any worthy foes left (including Shanks), and that he's looking forward to the day a swordsman appears to surpass his rival red-hair. This alone seems to mean he's stronger, but the fact his title is stated to be a fact confirms that there isn't a swordsman equal to him.
Except Big Mom

Hakiman>Swordman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back