• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1037: "Shuron Hakke" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? Luffy is currently clearly stronger than Zoro. However, Yamato also seems a bit stronger than Zoro, or at worst comparable.

A Healthy Zoro can MAYBE Fight Kaido the same as Yamato did. Kaido wasn't going all out against her after all.
And we do know her thunder Bagua hit him, but he never made a note about her doing anything significant, while he commented on Zoro's attack leaving a scar. Ashura just gets Zoro's conqueror's out the same as En'o does, so it's likely that King of Hell Zoro would also leave scars on Kaido the same as Ashura did.
I'm reluctant on Yamato>Zoro. I'd say she fits between Zoro, or is equal to Zoro. (Albeit she can clearly ward off damage better, while Zoro flat out tanks hits, which isn't in his favor when facing KAIDO)

I'd put Base Zoro (including his Armament Haki and Enma) on par with Dragon Kaido, and his Asura form (at full health) at =< Hybrid Kaido.

I mean, he scarred Hybrid Kaido even though he had 30 bones broken. Imagine what a full-health Asura Zoro could've done. Not saying he'd win, but it'd be a hell of a fight.

Thus, Asura Zoro is also =< Hybrid Yamato.

I wonder if Gear Fourth still multiplies Luffy's power in directly "multiple times". Seeing him equally confront top-of-the-verse characters without using of Boundman makes me think that currently this only serves as a good physical buff (superior to base and G3, but still problematic for him due to the absurd extraction of Haki) but not so brutal like 4x. Otherwise, he could simply enter this form and overpower Kaido with ease for being 4 times stronger; subsequently, being unbeatable and a true God-Tier, which may be absurd.

You might argue that a 4x difference isn't all that big for Luffy stomping, but I disagree when we're talking about the characters at the top of the verse. If Akainu were only 2x more powerful than Aokiji, their battle would last minutes; If there was this difference between Kaido and Big Mom PL, surely one of the two would be defeated in Onigashima; We actually saw that Kaido defeated Luffy at the top, precisely because he was significantly more powerful.

95% of my objections here can be easily destroyed if Oda really, in the nexts chapters draws Boundman overpowering Kaido with ease. But until then, the idea of Luffy having a form that would be worth 4 Kaidos is glaringly bizarre in my head.

I wonder if Gear Fourth still multiplies Luffy's power in directly "multiple times". Seeing him equally confront top-of-the-verse characters without using of Boundman makes me think that currently this only serves as a good physical buff (superior to base and G3, but still problematic for him due to the absurd extraction of Haki) but not so brutal like 4x. Otherwise, he could simply enter this form and overpower Kaido with ease for being 4 times stronger; subsequently, being unbeatable and a true God-Tier, which may be absurd.

You might argue that a 4x difference isn't all that big for Luffy stomping, but I disagree when we're talking about the characters at the top of the verse. If Akainu were only 2x more powerful than Aokiji, their battle would last minutes; If there was this difference between Kaido and Big Mom PL, surely one of the two would be defeated in Onigashima; We actually saw that Kaido defeated Luffy at the top, precisely because he was significantly more powerful.

95% of my objections here can be easily destroyed if Oda really, in the nexts chapters draws Boundman overpowering Kaido with ease. But until then, the idea of Luffy having a form that would be worth 4 Kaidos is glaringly bizarre in my head.
Boundman multiplies his physical power via compression. It does nothing to his Haoshoku Coating, therefore it wouldn't really matter much.

Why do yall bring up Zoro in every thread.

This Chapter doesn't even mention Zoro
Zoro has the most hardcore, dedicated fanbase. I find the Luffy fanbase to be far more casual in comparison. However, the most obnoxious One Piece fans IMO are the "older characters are still out of reach for the monster trio" - like there are people who seriously believe that Marco >> Luffy and Zoro even now

It's a multiplier, but it's a physical strength multiplier. His strength, speed, durability all go up however many times. (Tenfold or several depending on the translation), and his armament becomes more flexible.
But AS FAR AS WE KNOW, it shouldn't effect Conqueror's coating, since G4 as a form relies on Busoshoku, rather than Haoshoku.

If Luffy goes Boundman and Kaido keeps up, Kaido likely just has more gas in the tank.
Best example is base Luffy doing relatively well vs Katakuri, Snakeman Luffy overwhelming Katakuri for all two pages before Katakuri decided to put everything on the table and equalize it again. In the case of Kaido it could be the same, where Kaido just didn't show everything or is "serious" but not necessarily pushing himself to his limits.

One piece characters uses many power up or techniques that make them even one shot characters... As well as haki which continuously gets stronger very fast. So there is Alot of things that could be happening

WrongIdea talking about awakening when the spoilers didn't is making me too hype- I haven't seen the raws yet. Waiting for tomorrow for Fantranslations

One piece characters uses many power up or techniques that make them even one shot characters... As well as haki which continuously gets stronger very fast. So there is Alot of things that could be happening
Wait- MONKEY. ARE YOU CAUGHT UP?? Or are you jumping into spoiler territory like a madman

Wait- MONKEY. ARE YOU CAUGHT UP?? Or are you jumping into spoiler territory like a madman
There are no spoilers for me
monke-tea.gif

I forgot that Luffy was only hurting Kaido previously, without Hao, because of advanced Ryou, lol.

Well, if it's true that Luffy will be entirely depending on Haki to be effective against the Top-Tiers for now, then wouldn't that make Boundman a bit useless? I mean, if he already reaches a higher attack level with Haoshoku than with Boundman, then it makes no sense to use it (Maybe that's why he's only used the Snakeman this round so far).

Anyway, all I'm talking about is speculation. I'm not saying Gear Fourth isn't a multiplier anymore, I don't even know if that really makes sense outside of my head. I just think it would be absurd for you to reach level 100 in a game, and have a technique that puts you at level 400 when all the other players are also level 100 without this technique deserving to be banned or nerfed.

Anyway, all I'm talking about is speculation. I'm not saying Gear Fourth isn't a multiplier anymore, I don't even know if that really makes sense outside of my head. I just think it would be absurd for you to reach level 100 in a game, and have a technique that puts you at level 400 when all the other players are also level 100 without this technique deserving to be banned or nerfed.
That lvl 100 could have crit lvl 500 🐵

So the fruit matter WAS referring to Zunesha. It's no surprise that Zunesha is a DF user, Island-Island Fruit, or Giant-Giant Fruit?
Maybe "Home-Home Fruit", which turns you into a habitable place?

I forgot that Luffy was only hurting Kaido previously, without Hao, because of advanced Ryou, lol.

Well, if it's true that Luffy will be entirely depending on Haki to be effective against the Top-Tiers for now, then wouldn't that make Boundman a bit useless? I mean, if he already reaches a higher attack level with Haoshoku than with Boundman, then it makes no sense to use it (Maybe that's why he's only used the Snakeman this round so far).
Well the thing is, he can STILL use Haoshoku coating in Gear Fourth, it just won't be made stronger like Busoshoku or multiplied in potency or speed like his regular physical stats. It's kinda like Naruto stacking Sage Mode onto Biju mode if that makes sense. There's great value in using Haoshoku coating, while Gear Fourth makes his physical strength even greater.
Kaido now hits Luffy with his Kanabo hard enough to send him flying with singular attacks (saying this based off 1036. Haven't read 37 yet) so G4 would be good in the sense that it'd lessen that blunt force impact and deal heavier blows than base Luffy with Haoshoku coating.

Don't take the G4 multiplier as a "Four Kaido's strong" type thing, because the thing with characters as strong as that- Kaido himself can fluctuate between being on Luffy's tier, to being x4 stronger to keep up with G4. It's just hard to pin it with these fights. (That and even x7 differences were never enough to one shot stubborn asses like Luffy and Zoro, let alone Kaido)

Jesus Christ!! The art and choreography on some of these panels are some of Oda's best.

The implication that the Gorosei is not "all knowing" when it comes to WG affairs is kinda surprising.

This may be too soon but 2022 is shaping up to be even better than last year.

GODA

people having been pointing out that theres a panel of kaido's face being more dragon like and saying its intentional.

Everyone saying the Gorosei are talking about Zou, but the Gorosei scenes and the marine scenes are two entirely different scenes occuring at different places.
The Gorosei has no knowledge that Zunesha is in wano (yet), which makes me almost 100% sure that they're talking about the Gomu Gomu.

If not, then there's a likely chance that Zou's devil fruit is an ancient weapon itself, and its order was to get to Wano before it awakens and act independently. Hmmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back