• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1023: "Spitting Image" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know this. Is it a databook exclusive?
Oda revealed it in his SBS, he might have also covered more of it in the recently released databooks but I can't remember.
iAvpk1A.jpg

According to the dates he actually died 18 years ago, apparently him and his region lasted 2 years against Orochi and Kaido.
Ringo's downfall supposedly happened 5 years before Onimaru's and Kawamatsu first meeting.​
Which was thirteen years ago, meaning Ringo was destroyed 18 years ago.​
Really makes me appreciate Oda's skill at worldbuilding ... The lore is so detailed and interwoven, it's hard to keep up with sometimes

Really enjoying King's fighting style as well, eerily similar to Katakuri (Both skilled with a weapon but utilize kicks and punches whenever the opportunity arrives).

I also like the implication based off his dialogue that Zoro might also do the same, not just relying on swordsmanship and that we might get to see his No Sword Style skills in this fight.

Zoro should finish off the fight with a quip like : "You are powerful no doubt, but you lack discipline" would be cheesy as hell but I'd love it

I swear to God I rooted for this little bistch, but he is on the floor before the fight even started
https://temp.*********.com/manga/One-Piece/1023-016.png

Also monosuke looks just like oden, that's freaking nice

Assuming Big Mom is finished and if Perospero dies here it would mean there would be no contention for Katakuri taking over as captain after Wano as he would be the oldest son and the strongest.
I mean, not a real challenge but Compote is older than Kata.

Random thought, Sanji said his body was strange specifically after the 2nd time he used the RS, what if his DNA modifications come from King's species (Lunarians, it seems) and entering in contact with a real one is awakening his powers? If Sanji gets black wings they will be useless, but cool af.

Well, it's quite understandable. Since there are some interesting revelations and awesome fights that I dare say that this chapter is a 10/10.

So, people finally starting to acknowledge that TS Sanji is pretty strong? About the time that he gets some respect.

I saw some people complaining about Zoro being "special" on Reddit. Although, i genuinely don't see any issues with Zoro being "special", as that doesn't invalidate his hardships and training.

I saw some people complaining about Zoro being "special" on Reddit. Although, i genuinely don't see any issues with Zoro being "special", as that doesn't invalidate his hardships and training
I think the problem that people have is that it would fall into the "special bloodlines" trope

Well, it's quite understandable. Since there are some interesting revelations and awesome fights that I dare say that this chapter is a 10/10.

So, people finally starting to acknowledge that TS Sanji is pretty strong? About the time that he gets some respect.

I saw some people complaining about Zoro being "special" on Reddit. Although, i genuinely don't see any issues with Zoro being "special", as that doesn't invalidate his hardships and training.
His family has nothing to do with his strengths.

Zoro has no plot device. He earns his power ups
I think the problem that people have is that it would fall into the "special bloodlines" trope
Goku’s dad was Bardock and he ain’t get anything from him
Naruto’s dad was Minato and he didn’t get anything from him
Ichigo’s dad was Isshen and he didn’t even know he was a shinigami
Just trying to invalidate feats
I see, people still haven't successfully recovered from their Naruto PTSD (I honestly can't blame them, they are also concerned about Luffy = Joyboy/Nikka theory)
at least Luffy’s gets his hinted to more than 30 chapters to the end of the story

I see, people still haven't successfully recovered from their Naruto PTSD (I honestly can't blame them, they are also concerned about Luffy = Joyboy/Nikka theory)
Can you blame them (us) though? We grew up with the underdog that worked hard and fought smart only to be hit on the head with "LOL sike, Naruto is actually a reincarnation of a demi-God"

BTW Ichigo is a whole other level of ubermensch ... Dude literally has every power in the verse (Shinigami/Hollow/Quincy/Fullbring hybrid)
Ichigo is essentially everything. You would wonder how many times his father cheated on his mother with a younger hollow, fullbring, devil and angel before they got married.

Anyone notice how newer Shonen Jump manga have flipped the "chosen one" trope where a disadvantage is turned into an advantage ? For example, Asta and Midoriya not having magic/quirk

Anyone notice how newer Shonen Jump manga have flipped the "chosen one" trope where a disadvantage is turned into an advantage ? For example, Asta and Midoriya not having magic/quirk
Yeah, but now Midoriya has 6 Quirks and Asta got a Demon-possessed Grimoire, high level magic-swords and anti-magic from day 1 so the disadvantage didn't really last long for any of them.

Though Ichigo's case isnt nearly as bad as Naruto's cause at least in Bleach not every episode we were reminded of how much of an underdog he was...
Hell, Ichigo and Luffy were never really underdogs in the first place. Not in the same way Naruto was, people just underestimated them early on because they were rookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back