• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1023: "Spitting Image" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an absurd transformation of Momo, now I want to see him, Yamato and Luffy fighting Kaido (Probably in the end it will be 1v1 of Luffy and Kaido).

Wiki scaling doesn't mean anything for the actual story.

Pretty certain the likes of Doflamingo and Katakuri are up there with King and are NOT below the Tobi Roppo unlike what the profiles are trying to insinuate just because of people scaling off of Luffy.

Hate to say it, but if someone like Kin'emon can manage to draw blood from Kaido, I'm willing to bet so could Doflamingo, Cracker, and Katakuri (Gotta also remember the Scabbards were no match for Queen and King 20 years ago. Ashura, Inuarashi and Nekomamushi were each depicted as being equal to Jack in current day)
Kinda agree with that, hard to believe that current scaling puts Marco 100x stronger than Katakuri.

Doflamingo not up there with King bro, I'm sorry but he's not.

Edit: Ngl I could make a case for Katakuri not being up there with King either.

Kata might get some crazy powercliff and get to his level but the Kata we saw in WCI is not up there with King. Doffy isn't either.

One of my only wishes is for Katakuri to someday be Yonko level like Marco (and probably King).

Also, let's not forget Marco fought Big Mom herself evenly.
I think we read different series if yours showed you a Marco on yonko level and a Marco that fought big mom without getting ragdolled

If we split up the levels via positions, Marco's a calm admiral level.

Fought Kizaru hand to hand, broke Aokiji's ice sword, blocked a punch from an angry Akainu without even using Fujiazami
Wait Marco is not admiral level currently?
Edit: just checked the profiles he is, but idk why the BM justification is there, he got piped the moment BM got a bit serious

Naw he backscales from Big Mom

Ignoring the profiles, the Yonko and the Admirals are very close
For example.

Akainu has the strongest devil fruit, which means his DF is above WB's, but WB's physicals are above that DF so it's not too bad.
Marco can block hits from Akainu and fight and almost stalemate Big Mom, who had enough souls for 5 supernova but not Marco.
Marco matched this old lady who matched Kaido.

King matched him and is currently putting Marco on his ass.

Benn Beckman is equal to Shanks, his captain, who's equal to the other Yonko.

That's why I don't like scaling by position because everybody's relative. If you put 2 mid-god tiers like the Supernova against 1 high-god tier like Aokiji or something, they're beating Aokiji.

Same with like Akainu and Kizaru vs like Mihawk or something, they violate.

The only person taking 2 or more of any tier is Kaido and that's because his stamina is on drugs.

For example.

Akainu has the strongest devil fruit, which means his DF is above WB's, but WB's physicals are above that DF so it's not too bad.
Marco can block hits from Akainu and fight and almost stalemate Big Mom, who had enough souls for 5 supernova but not Marco.
Marco matched this old lady who matched Kaido.

King matched him and is currently putting Marco on his ass.

Benn Beckman is equal to Shanks, his captain, who's equal to the other Yonko.

That's why I don't like scaling by position because everybody's relative. If you put 2 mid-god tiers like the Supernova against 1 high-god tier like Aokiji or something, they're beating Aokiji.

Same with like Akainu and Kizaru vs like Mihawk or something, they violate.

The only person taking 2 or more of any tier is Kaido and that's because his stamina is on drugs.
Actually extremely close now thinking about it
Akainu damaged WB badly and actually is the major reason he died.
Akainu could also stop WB soear swing with his feet (flex moment). That already says he scales to WB but would still be a bit weaker against other versatile yonko at least kaido and BM have been shown to dodge and block unlike the brick wall of WB that thinks he is invulnerable hence won't dodge or block.
Then another reason why scaling by title is wrong is fujitora, an admiral way weaker than the rest.

Well the Marco vs king was a bit of two vs one and Marco is already exhausted so it is given.
Another thing that might mess up the scaling more is if by the end of this Perospero scales to the mink tribe kings or king and queen.
Which would mean luffy >> katakuri >>> Perospero ~ mink king ~ king ~ Marco ~ admirals

And to top it off, Luffy would soon fight kaido again and unless Luffy gets another L, he is scaling to kaido fully.

Yes at this point I will admit it Oda just cares about the story and gives a little rat ass about the power scaling.

I just checked Perospero profile should he not scale to ichiji? I mean he took a hit from raid suit ichiji and the only thing he got was a scratch iirc

So would Katakuri be one of the weakest 1st Commanders for scaling to a Luffy that only previously overpowered Doffy?
There’s a chance Neko vs Perospero could create implications that would boost the Sweet Commanders to 6-B (or whatever the Top Tiers will be when the Gura Gura calcs are finished) assuming Jack gets boosted that high

There’s a chance Neko vs Perospero could create implications that would boost the Sweet Commanders to 6-B (or whatever the Top Tiers will be when the Gura Gura calcs are finished) assuming Jack gets boosted that high
High 6-C now for Top Tiers, and yeah, guess you have a point there about Neko vs Pero, we will just have to wait and see how it plays out, although it would be funny if Neko immediately folds Pero and continues on lol

When we're gonna dealing with the 6-C level One Piece? Since Damage said that rating would probably be going

Last edited:
Doflamingo not up there with King bro, I'm sorry but he's not.

Edit: Ngl I could make a case for Katakuri not being up there with King either.

Kata might get some crazy powercliff and get to his level but the Kata we saw in WCI is not up there with King. Doffy isn't either.
Why do you not think they are at his level?

I'm talking overall. Doflamingo and Katakuri would logically be weaker than King physically due to the latter being a Zoan user and both Doffy and Katakuri being Paramecia with inferior physical boosts (especially Doflamingo). Even if King is > Doflamingo, you can't convince me that the Tobi-Roppo in base form are massively stronger than him or Katakuri. That completely breaks the lore.

Why do you not think they are at his level?

I'm talking overall. Doflamingo and Katakuri would logically be weaker than King physically due to the latter being a Zoan user and both Doffy and Katakuri being Paramecia with inferior physical boosts (especially Doflamingo). Even if King is > Doflamingo, you can't convince me that the Tobi-Roppo in base form are massively stronger than him or Katakuri. That completely breaks the lore.
Hybrid King most likely > Zoan King > Base King > Hybrid Queen > Base Queen > Base Jack ~ Regular Health Scabbards > Half Dead Scabbards >>>>>> Tobiroppo which includes Hybrid Ulti > Post Udon G3rd Luffy > Post WCI G3rd Luffy ~ Awakened Katakuri ~ Dressrosa G4th Luffy > Everything Doflamingo can pull out

Base form Tobiroppo though? Definitely not.

Hybrid King most likely > Zoan King > Base King > Hybrid Queen > Base Queen > Base Jack ~ Regular Health Scabbards > Half Dead Scabbards >>>>>> Tobiroppo which includes Hybrid Ulti > Post Udon G3rd Luffy > Post WCI G3rd Luffy ~ Awakened Katakuri ~ Dressrosa G4th Luffy > Everything Doflamingo can pull out

A fundamental problem with One Piece is that the constant power creep is contradictory to the fact that it's a highly connected story with characters playing meaningful roles in multiple arcs. Crocodile is the prime example of this, and I feel like Doflamingo will cause similar problems in the future

Wait Post WC G3 is comparable to Awakened Katakuri? Does that mean G3 is stronger than Snakeman? Because Katakuri was doing a good job of fighting Snakeman without Awakening

@RoyGundam I feel like Crocodile is the exception not the rule

idk how you can scale the tobiroppo above Gear 3rd Luffy when Page was practically floored by an Elephant Gun, and Hybrid Ulti was getting rag-dolled by Gear 2nd.

Also "> Everything Doflamingo can pull out", no. Luffy admitted his attacks weren't enough to defeat Doflamingo, and had to elevate himself further. And "Awakened Kata ~ Gear 4th Luffy" What?? All he did on-panel was deflect one punch, and he only did damage on Luffy's bare, unprotected areas.

tobiroppo above Gear 3rd Luffy when Page was practically floored by an Elephant Gun, and Hybrid Ulti was getting rag-dolled by Gear 2nd
Quoting the actual panel instead of making up my own interpretation of the scene.

Fodder: "Page One What about you, you took a nasty a real nasty shot too"
Page One: "Good point, it hurt pretty bad. Almost loosensed up my jaw a tad"
Fodder: "That's it?!"

A combined gear 2nd and 3rd hit clearly was as effective as you're making it out to be, but Ulti got ragdolled by G2nd because neither scale to him in speed.

Quoting the actual panel instead of making up my own interpretation of the scene.

Fodder: "Page One What about you, you took a nasty a real nasty shot too"
Page One: "Good point, it hurt pretty bad. Almost loosensed up my jaw a tad"
Fodder: "That's it?!"

A combined gear 2nd and 3rd hit clearly was as effective as you're making it out to be, but Ulti got ragdolled by G2nd because neither scale to him in speed.
I find it fascinating that some of you are taking Page's prideful remark about the attack not hurting him as a fact.

Page One: "It hurt pretty bad. Almost loosened up my jaw"... He's missing the entire time Ulti is being KO'd by Yamato, and some time after that. When he finally shows up to check up on Ulti, we see him hurt quite badly and he is visibly trembling on the very same panel he's trying to pass off the blow he took as just a mild inconvenience... This is further supported when Ulti tries to pull the same thing by insulting Yamato's attack, and immediately coughing up blood in the same sentence (not to mention being unconscious.

At this point, I frankly don't care. A lot of people in the CRTs I've been in have been massively misinterpreting each and every quote, and it's beyond anyone's power to make them see what they don't want to.

Now we got Sanji scaling far above Katakuri DURING WCI, and a lot of people in the wiki are forcing the idea that Sanji's Future-Sight is equal if not superior to Katakuri's despite the abundance of anti-feats. And this is relatively minor compared to the other incredibly stupid things I've seen accepted as "fact" here. Now we got NUMBERS SCALING ABOVE GEAR 3RD LUFFY AS WELL? Just because Luffy decided to go Gear 4th to one-shot them? WEW. They don't even have a feat of taking a hit from Nami, much less any form of Luffy.

I find it fascinating that some of you are taking Page's prideful remark about the attack not hurting him as a fact.
Prideful? Page One as a character seems quite humble based off what we've seen of him and there's nothing there suggesting it should be taken as such, just baseless headcanon.

He's missing the entire time Ulti is being KO'd by Yamato, and some time after that. When he finally shows up to check up on Ulti, we see him hurt quite badly and he is visibly trembling on the very same panel he's trying to pass off the blow he took as just a mild inconvenience... This is further supported when Ulti tries to pull the same thing by insulting Yamato's attack, and immediately coughing up blood in the same sentence (not to mention being unconscious.
That isn't trembling, he's checking his jaw they're lines to signify movement. Page One isn't shown like that in the panels before or after than one. Also "hurt quite badly" some bruises isn't a reason to not scale someone.

Now we got Sanji scaling far above Katakuri DURING WCI, and a lot of people in the wiki are forcing the idea that Sanji's Future-Sight is equal if not superior to Katakuri's despite the abundance of anti-feats.
Firstly that's wrong since Sanji isn't scaling "far above" him, both of those things were applied due to being from the Databooks, both credible sources and no reason to deny such information. There isn't any antifeats.

Now we got Sanji scaling far above Katakuri DURING WCI, and a lot of people in the wiki are forcing the idea that Sanji's Future-Sight is equal if not superior to Katakuri's despite the abundance of anti-feats. And this is relatively minor compared to the other incredibly stupid things I've seen accepted as "fact" here. Now we got NUMBERS SCALING ABOVE GEAR 3RD LUFFY AS WELL? Just because Luffy decided to go Gear 4th to one-shot them? WEW. They don't even have a feat of taking a hit from Nami, much less any form of Luffy.

I agree. There's quite a few scaling issues overall for tons of Post-Timeskip characters.

So what is everyone's opinion on the Zoro connection ? It's very likely IMO that Shimotsuki village where Zoro is from was founded by Ushimaru and Zoro himself may (or may not) be a direct descendant of Ushimaru, and therefore Ryuma as well

So what is everyone's opinion on the Zoro connection ? It's very likely IMO that Shimotsuki village where Zoro is from was founded by Ushimaru and Zoro himself may (or may not) be a direct descendant of Ushimaru, and therefore Ryuma as well
I think he's the son of Ushimaru, and that he probably inherited Ryuma's will in a similar way to how Luffy has with Roger and or Joyboy.

Page One: "It hurt pretty bad. Almost loosened up my jaw"... He's missing the entire time Ulti is being KO'd by Yamato, and some time after that. When he finally shows up to check up on Ulti, we see him hurt quite badly and he is visibly trembling on the very same panel he's trying to pass off the blow he took as just a mild inconvenience... This is further supported when Ulti tries to pull the same thing by insulting Yamato's attack, and immediately coughing up blood in the same sentence (not to mention being unconscious.

At this point, I frankly don't care. A lot of people in the CRTs I've been in have been massively misinterpreting each and every quote, and it's beyond anyone's power to make them see what they don't want to.

It's like people miss what's right there on the page. Boastful statements are taken as fact on here but I don't for a moment believe people can't recognize this. At the end of the day vsbattle and battleboarding In general is filled with people who want to force their powerscaling no matter the facts.

Now we got Sanji scaling far above Katakuri DURING WCI
He doesn't, Peerless Donuts are 6C while Sanji is >3,9 DURING WCI, and if we are talking about what happened DURING WCI, Luffy also scales far above Kata DURING WCI so what's the problem? Just like i have seen people saying during Wano, there is no rule about Luffy being the strongest of the crew in each arc or being stronger than the M3 by a huge gap.

and a lot of people in the wiki are forcing the idea that Sanji's Future-Sight is equal if not superior to Katakuri's despite the abundance of anti-feats.
It wasn't accepted, i am sure that the only thing that was accepted is "sanji has advanced kenbu and future sight" while any comparison with Katakuri be it </=/> isn't accepted, and being serious, it's not like Future-Sight has 5 or so different levels of mastery, Luffy evaded Kata's FS with his first usage of FS just like Sanji did.

I think he's the son of Ushimaru, and that he probably inherited Ryuma's will in a similar way to how Luffy has with Roger and or Joyboy.
There is also a small possibility that Zoro's master is a descendant instead. Kawamatsu and Hyogoro are talking about how Zoro's swordsmanship is similar to Ushimaru's and we know Zoro learned swordsmanship from someone who is connected to Wano (his explanation of cutting steel was identical to Hyogoro's)

However the visual similarities between Zoro and Ryuma and Ushimaru suggest that the more likely scenario is Zoro himself being the descendant

There is also a small possibility that Zoro's master is a descendant instead. Kawamatsu and Hyogoro are talking about how Zoro's swordsmanship is similar to Ushimaru's and we know Zoro learned swordsmanship from someone who is connected to Wano (his explanation of cutting steel was identical to Hyogoro's)
Yeah Zoro's master was the son of Shimotsuki Kozaburo (the guy who forged Enma and Wado Ichimonji) who's also a descendant, but Zoro doesn't seem to be related to him or Kozaburo.

With Ushimaru's and Zoro's appearances being so similar I see it being a possibility that they're directly related, it's not impossible considering Yasuie (another Shimotsuki) previously owned the only exit out of Wano and could have smuggled him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back