• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1023: "Spitting Image" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait I’m confused, is making a cyborg with emotions a big deal? Franky did that while he was on the edge of death and that was like 10 years ago

Wait I’m confused, is making a cyborg with emotions a big deal? Franky did that while he was on the edge of death and that was like 10 years ago
I mean, you see Sanji Brother without a sense of humanity, the difference is that they are born as machines. Franky Is Cyborg but he has born to be human.

I mean, you see Sanji Brother without a sense of humanity, the difference is that they are born as machines. Franky Is Cyborg but he has born to be human.
So if Queen is a cyborg with emotions and that's a big deal does that mean he was born a "machine" and gave himself emotions somehow?

Also Sanji's brother's were intentionally bred without emotions so I don't think they're a good comparison

So if Queen is a cyborg with emotions and that's a big deal does that mean he was born a "machine" and gave himself emotions somehow?

Also Sanji's brother's were intentionally bred without emotions so I don't think they're a good comparison
No, bro i miss Understanding whats Queen saying before. I was just too excited so many ideas popped into my head and thought that Queen talking about Sanji was actually himself.

Never mind then.

Well there you go people, just because you have a sword and you use it regularly, it does not make you a swordsman.
Glad this chapter cleared that up.

Raws are out. Also I'm not entirely sure if Jack was in hybrid. Looked like partial transformation for his head and legs. But we'll see if Inu vs Jack is on-panel.

The Raid Suit probably carries some sort of drug that Judge intended to use on Sanji at some point to see if it would activate his modified DNA, hence why Niji had the canister in the first place. And since this chapter is on the subject, I think it's time I brought up something I've suspected ever since Big Mom noted King's race to be nearly extinct:
  • While some characters have shown the ability to use fire, I believe this is a trait all humans in the verse have the capacity to do to a very limited degree (Luffy, Katakuri, Doflamingo all being able to summon fire via their Devil Fruits)... however, those who are closer in blood to King's race would be capable of having more powerful flame manipulation. I suspect Sanji was modified with the DNA of someone from the clan King comes from, or at least a close descendant. Even without his modifications activating, Sanji was already able to maintain fire on his body for extended periods, and we may see Diable Jambe greatly bolster in power the longer he fights Queen--particularly if he uses his Raid Suit again.
While it annoys me, it's obvious Sanji is going to get a fairly convenient power-boost to defeat Queen. Zoro's already proven himself capable of fighting and defeating King--especially if he has the ability to wound Kaido.

King in Base form WITHOUT any visible use of Haki is going even with Base Zoro amp'd with Haki, so I have high hopes King will require a lot to take down. I think the fanbase would be absolutely floored if Hybrid King managed to pressure Ashura + Enma amp'd Zoro, if even a little bit.

Considering Inuarashi is already established to be equal to Zoan-form Jack via Zou, I think it's fair to say we can all agree this match has been decided the moment Inuarashi went Sulong. My only concern is if Jack uses Ashura's corpse (assuming he's dead, which I would be surprised if he's not) as leverage during their fight.

Perospero is definitely no match for Nekomamushi's base form (Yonko crew rankings would imply Sulong Neko > Base Neko = Jack ~ Cracker > Snack >/= Pero), so seeing Neko go Sulong has me thinking the candy-man is gonna either die or flee very soon.

Momonosuke is gonna look like Oden, but with a top knot lol.

Sanji's raid suit might be resonating with whatever power was dormant within him all these years

Also, I have a wild theory that King might be something like sentient energy/fire. Which I admit, is highly unlikely and the only reason I thought of it is because King being always 100% covered up strikes me as a bit strange

Speaking of fire, Zoro made his sword slashes ignite in Thriller Bark and Lucci can also generate fire/heat with a Rokushiki technique (Madara, I believe)

Maybe what makes the King race special is that the can produce Fire on its back, hold and throw it like a baseball.

Zoro vs King and Sanji vs Queen is looking awesome so far, I always did want Zoro and Sanji to Extreme High Diff King and Queen
What's really cool about that is that King will scale to Zoro in that case instead of the other way around as one would have normally assumed going into Wano

I hope that King will soon scale to Zoro (even though he already scales to Marco), since IMO it makes sense for the most powerful yonko to have yonko-level commanders (I mean, Whitebeard does, so why not Kaido).

Also, those Sulong forms look dope. I hope Jack gets what he deserves.

Finally, LUFFY IS GOING TO FIGHT KAIDO AGAIN? YEAH!!!!

King in Base form WITHOUT any visible use of Haki is going even with Base Zoro amp'd with Haki, so I have high hopes King will require a lot to take down. I think the fanbase would be absolutely floored if Hybrid King managed to pressure Ashura + Enma amp'd Zoro, if even a little bit.
I kind of want this to happen myself, really make King a Threat to Zoro. Marco and especially Beckman seem to be at that Admiral/Yonko level, since Marco seemed to capable of holding his own against Aokiji and Kizaru in 1 one 1 fights, Beckman was also stated to be comparable to Shanks.

King was eventually capable of overpowering an exhausted Marco off screen, so would King scale to him? Don't know what's going on with that.

So would Katakuri be one of the weakest 1st Commanders for scaling to a Luffy that only previously overpowered Doffy? Regardless, i really want Zoro to use Ashura + Enma against King, given how Base King seems to be holding his own right now, wonder how strong a Hybrid King will be?

I kind of want this to happen myself, really make King a Threat to Zoro. Marco and especially Beckman seem to be at that Admiral/Yonko level, since Marco seemed to capable of holding his own against Aokiji and Kizaru in 1 one 1 fights, Beckman was also stated to be comparable to Shanks.

King was eventually capable of overpowering an exhausted Marco off screen, so would King scale to him? Don't know what's going on with that.

So would Katakuri be one of the weakest 1st Commanders for scaling to a Luffy that only previously overpowered Doffy? Regardless, i really want Zoro to use Ashura + Enma against King, given how Base King seems to be holding his own right now, wonder how strong a Hybrid King will be?
Wiki scaling doesn't mean anything for the actual story.

Pretty certain the likes of Doflamingo and Katakuri are up there with King and are NOT below the Tobi Roppo unlike what the profiles are trying to insinuate just because of people scaling off of Luffy.

Hate to say it, but if someone like Kin'emon can manage to draw blood from Kaido, I'm willing to bet so could Doflamingo, Cracker, and Katakuri (Gotta also remember the Scabbards were no match for Queen and King 20 years ago. Ashura, Inuarashi and Nekomamushi were each depicted as being equal to Jack in current day)

Last edited:
One of my only wishes is for Katakuri to someday be Yonko level like Marco (and probably King).

Also, let's not forget Marco fought Big Mom herself evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back