• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1017: Order (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
He might have been the one guarding Luffy's devil fruit, and punished because Shank's crew stole it from them, and became a pirate after he escaped from prison. Or that is what the spoilers imply at least.

Luffy's devil fruit is dangerous because it allows skilled users to multiply potentially already great power by several times, so it makes sense that the World Government is wary of it. Imagine if Luffy turns as powerful as Gold Roger in base for example.

He might have been the one guarding Luffy's devil fruit, and punished because Shank's crew stole it from them, and became a pirate after he escaped from prison. Or that is what the spoilers imply at least.
Sugar also ate her fruit 12 years ago so maybe it's hers, and while the gomu gomu no mi is powerful it doesn't seem so important to the WG, sugar's on the other hand allowed Doflamingo to rule an entire country without anyone's knowledge.

Nah, she's occupied with her own opponent.
Damn, ten bucks says the next girl that sanji will scream for is Big Mom

Why didn't queen use his hybrid form against BM? Instead of getting ragdolled in a panel
Considering that Sanji out of all people forced Queen to enter his hybrid form would mean he considers him as a worthy opponent, Oda finally gives him some justice. (Poor Monster Point Chopper was toyed for an hour)
bye bye 7A chopper

Sugar also ate her fruit 12 years ago so maybe it's hers, and while the gomu gomu no mi is powerful it doesn't seem so important to the WG, sugar's on the other hand allowed Doflamingo to rule an entire country without anyone's knowledge.
Yes, Sugar's devil fruit has the most dangerous hax in the series. She could just turn Kaido and Big Mom to mind-controlled toys if she got the chance.

Damn, ten bucks says the next girl that sanji will scream for is Big Mom

Why didn't queen use his hybrid form against BM? Instead of getting ragdolled in a panel
The question is pretty self-explanatory, he got two-shotted before he could even consider to use his hybrid form, and underestimated her because of her amnesia (even Chopper and Luffy did, Queen's is a rather dense Yonko commander so it's not quite surprising)

The question is pretty self-explanatory, he got two-shotted before he could even consider to use his hybrid form, and underestimated her because of her amnesia (even Chopper and Luffy did, Queen's is a rather dense Yonko commander so it's not quite surprising)
well the fights i am hyped up for is
Luffy vs Kaido R2
Kidd vs BM

the Queen vs Sanji, will definitely go with Sanji winning to earn plot points seeing as sanji is pissed currently.

but i stilll doubt nakama power will allow luffy to beat someone that just ragdolled him.
maybe it will be the monster trio vs kaido, sweet gang****

Hmm it's not concrete at all, but the fact that Queen goes Hybrid against Sanji but not against Marco makes me believe that a) he believed that him and King could take care of Marco in their base and zoan forms and didn't need to use Hybrid form, b) thought that he could take on Marco without it, c) is pissed off and just wants to kill Sanji, or d) considers Sanji as a bigger threat than Marco.

Of course we have to wait for the chapter to come out before making any conclusions.

Perhaps Who's Who was personally in charge of securing several Devil Fruits including the Gomu-Gomu and Hobi-Hobi fruits. And made a reckless move while transporting them on the way to a marine base. Shanks and perhaps other pirate groups realized the value of the supplies, and attacked the cargo. Who's Who is obviously strong, but with such heavy hitters, he couldn't handle it on his own. Perhaps he cut his losses, ate the Saber-tooth fruit to secure it, and abandoned his post.
  • Would explain why the Government would imprison him. He abandoned his post at the first sign of danger, took a DF for himself, and abandoned the rest. Harsh punishment is understandable. Idk how it would be Level 6 worthy unless he lost even more fruits.

Shanks' group acquired the Gomu-Gomu while someone else (or it was them too) acquired the Hobi-Hobi fruit, which ended up on the market and was acquired by Doflamingo, which allowed him easier control when later taking over the Dressrosa throne.
  • It'd be funny if Shanks' group managed to sell all of the fruits except the Gomu-Gomu before getting to East Blue, and the reason they have the fruit at that point is because nobody would ever dream of wanting the ability to turn into Rubber. Something like the Saber-tooth Zoan or Hobi-Hobi Paramecia would seem far more useful initially.

Do we know any DF users other than Luffy and Sugar who ate their fruits approx 12 years ago? Maybe they acquired fruits from that same cargo via the underworld.

Last edited:
Do we know any DF users other than Luffy and Sugar who ate their fruits approx 12 years ago? Maybe they acquired fruits from that same cargo via the underworld.
Around 12 years ago? A good amount.
12 years ago exactly? None except Luffy and Sugar.

Check here

Around 12 years ago? A good amount.
12 years ago exactly? None except Luffy and Sugar.

Check here
It could even be any time after the event. So basically, any DF devoured between 12~10 years ago could potentially have been on that transport, but spent time on the market before officially being eaten... but that's reading way too much into it.

So I'd probably say only Luffy's fruit was there (that we care to know about).

----
----
----

Spoilers got updated with summary of the chapter.

Jinbe is finally able to 1v1 Who's Who. I thought the subordinates were dealt with a long time ago since we only saw them pop up early in the panels with Jinbe and Who's Who, but recently we didn't see any... well until now. I might be willing to suggest Who's Who might be the strongest Tobi Roppo for the simple fact that he uses Rokushiki, which is PERFECT for any Zoan user. I assume Drake knows how to use Rokushiki as well, but since we don't see him use it, it's likely he didn't keep training with it after leaving the marines.
  • Also, fending off against Jinbe isn't something to scoff at. Dude shoved Moriah to the side with ease, could compete against Gear 2nd Luffy (granted we don't see them do more then just trade 1 blow each... though Jinbe seemingly came out on top before the gag w/ Sanji and Robin), and could hold his own against Big Mom (weakened, but also later escaped from her at the very end of WCI arc).
Glad Inuarashi vs Jack isn't being shoved off-panel. I really need to see the conclusion to this fight. I fear Inu may die, but if he takes Jack with him, it wont be in vain.

I wonder what Zoro is going to do after recovering. I'm still very unsure about Sanji fighting Queen alone given how problematic the Commanders have been when against Luffy before this arc (Cracker and Katakuri both pushing Luffy to and--in the latter's case--beyond his limits). Zoro + Sanji tag-team, please? Gives us an opportunity to see if they have any new combo attacks they can do together.
  • People want Zoro vs King, but tbh, King shouldn't be disrespected by being defeated by Zoro when he hasn't really done anything notable yet...Trashing Shinobu, knocking Sanji down and then harming Marco--that's literally it. Give me more Marco vs King, thanks.
I wonder what "MADS" is. Queen + Judge in a research group? Most likely had Vegapunk there too... Looks like we got a new ROCKS, but with the nerds of the class instead.

Is it bad that I want Jinbe to just destroy WW after the latter is done monologuing about his back-story? We already know that's a red-flag if a character is going on and on about their past. I think Jinbe's taking him down very soon.

If Oda had any time in his life to follow memes, it would probably be an excellent opportunity for an "IT'S OVER 9000" reference
I can imagine WW would say how high his Doriki was back then as a way to flex on Jinbe (which obviously doesn't work lol).

"The last time my Doriki was measured back over a decade ago, it was over 9,000!"

I wonder what Zoro is going to do after recovering. I'm still very unsure about Sanji fighting Queen alone given how problematic the Commanders have been when against Luffy before this arc (Cracker and Katakuri both pushing Luffy to and--in the latter's case--beyond his limits). Zoro + Sanji tag-team, please? Gives us an opportunity to see if they have any new combo attacks they can do together.
  • People want Zoro vs King, but tbh, King shouldn't be disrespected by being defeated by Zoro when he hasn't really done anything notable yet...Trashing Shinobu, knocking Sanji down and then harming Marco--that's literally it. Give me more Marco vs King, thanks.
Well King & Queen have traded blows with Marco. King even did so in only his human form and is likley keeping Marco occupied off panel while Queen fools around. I expect Marco will fall soon given he was already in bad shape half hour ago. That opens up Zoro & Sanji Vs King & Queen to see who makes the most unlikely bed fellows. That being said I am aware the Scabbards are unchecked right now and tasked with helping the others which screams handicap matches at some point. Denjiro & Doji were the ones left behind to cover the escape of the Beasts and likley have history with King & Queen. One of them may have even taken Queen's arm.

So Zoro+Sanji+Denjiro+Doji>King+Queen=>Zoro+Sanji, which isn't out of the question given they're both mid tiers even in base and potentially high tiers with Sword Styles and Raid Suit. Plus everyone is damaged and/or tired from multiple fights.

RAWS are out and I'm very happy to see that it appears Who's Who is attempting to use ranged attacks now that he's locked into a 1v1 with Jinbe. I feel like Jinbe might defeat Who's Who rather quickly given what we see from their exchanges.
  • First off, we now know Jinbe was having a particularly hard time against Who's Who because he had to protect himself from the subordinate Beast Pirates, who keep going for cheap shots.
  • Now that we see Jinbe and Who's Who fighting alone, WW immediately drew his blade and use a ranged version of Shigan, but Jinbe easily deflects the attacks and sends his own counter in one motion, forcing WW to dodge via Soru.
  • WW uses a Rankyaku, but Jinbe doesn't even budge when blocking it, and doesn't appear to take a shred of damage to his arm.
  • WW then enters hybrid form and uses a different variation of a ranged Shigan, which Jinbe evades almost TOO casually. Granted, Jinbe evading tells me WW in Hybrid form must be capable of dealing some harm to him unlike his base form.
If this exchange tells me anything, there's a very clear disparity between Who's Who and Jinbe's fighting capabilities, and WW knows it, hence why ALL attacks he used so far are ranged, so he has time to avoid any of Jinbe's attacks. This is nothing like where Rob Lucci was pressuring Luffy with every attack, since it was made very clear that a direct Shigan in Zoan form would have been enough to incapacitate Luffy just like last time. Here it looks like Jinbe is in total control.
  • Also, I think its safe to assume that while Who's Who (a former CP9 member) can use all 6 types of Rokushiki, it currently appears as though his specialty is Shigan as he's only used a basic Soru and Rankyaku so far.
Btw, i think Queen's Hybrid Form is officially the first Zoan Hybrid that I simply do not like the look of.... it's very off-putting.

I really hope to see more of Inuarashi vs Jack, as that's one of the side-fights I desperately want to see the conclusion to.

Franky vs Sasaki is honestly something I can ignore solely because the "Sasaki is Kokoro's son" theory is way too likely right now.

Last edited:
Queen's hybrid is disgusting.

WW's hybrid looks fire. That mouth Shigan thing he did looks fire.

Queen's hybrid is disgusting.

WW's hybrid looks fire. That mouth Shigan thing he did looks fire.
This honestly makes you wonder what kind of Rokushiki nonsense the OG Admirals could do.

Imagine Aokiji using Shigan to send freezing winds out, which pierce and freeze anything they touch, or Kizaru using Kami-e to make his logia body flatten and curve despite defying physics of light. Fujitora also using Shigan with his blade to send out gravity projectiles lol.

This honestly makes you wonder what kind of Rokushiki nonsense the OG Admirals could do.

Imagine Aokiji using Shigan to send freezing winds out, which pierce and freeze anything they touch, or Kizaru using Kami-e to make his logia body flatten and curve despite defying physics of light. Fujitora also using Shigan with his blade to send out gravity projectiles lol.
Regarding that, it's interesting to think of the possibilities of Rokushiki with different DF users.

Like Kizaru using Lucci's Kamisori to make light afterimages, or any other possibilities.

But tbh, I wanna see more Rokushiki combos. Like let me see someone ride a Rankakyu or s mixture of Kami-e and Tekkai (Iron Paper).
Oda failing to retain any Rokushiki moves for any of the Admirals at all is a bit ridiculous.
Oda hides techniques for characters for a long time, but to be fair, Rokushiki is meant for Cipher Pol even though few others have it's abilities (Vice Admirals like Vergo, Momonga and Dalmatian, Koby, Tashigi, etc).

We saw Marco go all out against the admirals and not a single named move, but then we see 4 named moves in Wano against King and Queen.
Or when we saw Linlin for dozens of chapters and we only saw like 2 abilities, but in Wano we have a bunch.
Or Issho's 2 techniques that will obviously be given more later down the line.

For sure he's hiding it (if they do have it), I want geppo to be the reason why Kizaru could fly, I wanna see some frozen finger pistols or some gravity Rankakyu's.

Oda failing to retain any Rokushiki moves for any of the Admirals at all is a bit ridiculous.
True, but I think this means we're going to see them being used in later fights. The characters are getting closer to being genuine threats to the Yonko, so the time to actually fight all out against an Admiral is very soon. Just hope it isn't off-panel like the Paramount War.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back