• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1009: "Hell" (Official Release)

Depends on what happens, also wait... werent they seemingly over Wano earlier? Why would they atill be over the Ocean?

Id have thought they would be over Land by now.
Exactly I’m thinking it’s just Big mom incompetence. They showed them passing by a mountain or something like that.

Orochi isn't a fighter, it really makes no sense to keep him alive any further, and can someone die please?

Also, a few options of what can happen with Linlin:

1)Death
2)Kaido will save her
3)Perospero will save her after having defeated Marco alongside K/Q
4)Queen Mama Chanter will finally appear
5) She turns the flame cloud into a homie

We're obviously not doing revisions yet, but assuming specific upgrades are placed ([some]7-A+ and H7-A being -> 6-C and 6-C, poss 6-B + the Haki-in-tier discussion), this is probably what it's going to look like for Zoro (and honestly the other Supernova currently fighting... except Killer atm due to his lack of non-hax feats):

"At least 6-C (x reasons will be explained below), Possibly 6-B (Partial scaling to Kaido/Big Mom), Up to 6-B with Haki"

6-C would theoretically come from the "low-end" scaling to Doflamingo and Katakuri (Assuming Doflamingo's 6-C feat is scaled to him). Just a reminder there would be justification for Doffy and Kata each scaling as "At least 6-C, Poss 6-B"
  • Law in Dressrosa would be "At least 7-A (stomping Vergo), Poss 6-C (being capable of doing slight harm to Doflamingo through his Haki)", but this will be discussed in a separate thread since this is a long-ish topic to cover why his AP would scale.
  • Dressrosa Luffy in Base (including Gear2/3) would be "At least 7-A (same reasons), Poss 6-C with Haki" for being able to deal slight harm to Katakuri, and being able to harm a wounded Doflamingo--but ultimately being FAR weaker to both. Gear 4th would scale to Doflamingo as "At least 6-C, Poss 6-B" for obv reasons (again, assuming Doffy ends up scaling here).
Poss 6-B is simple enough to understand. Although weaker than the Yonko, each Supernova has been shown capable of consistently taking hits without being incapacitated--but they are shown wounded quite badly when taking direct blows (except via Prometheus lmao).
  • In fact, the homies would probably need a semi-upgrade to their stats since they can deal slight damage to the Supernova (and Napoleon can withstand the impact of BM's attacks), thus they would probably look like "At least 7-A (one-shot Judge), potentially far higher/up to 6-C/B/whatever"
Up to 6-B with Haki (and Gear 4th Bound Man) is pretty much supported:
  • Luffy with Gear 3rd hurt Kaido w/ Red Roc
  • Luffy in Gear 4th was capable of downing Kaido momentarily and was capable of taking his attacks head-on.
  • Zoro w/ Enma could hurt Kaido when amp'd with Haki
  • Killer only hurt Kaido via hax, and otherwise did minimal damage, so he doesn't count.
  • Law hurt Kaido via hax, and otherwise has done very little damage so he doesn't count.
  • We have not seen Kid use Haki in a successful attack yet (iirc).
  • Luffy took a direct strike from Hybrid Kaido using Haki on his arms and was only moderately damaged.
  • Zoro survived a combined attack from both Yonko (would've died, but this suggests he could take a strong hit from one of them, maybe)
  • Law/Kid/Killer all took hits from Big Mom.
Assuming the 6-C, Poss 6-B stuff for Doffy is rejected though, only Luffy/Zoro/Kid/Killer would be given a "At least High 7-A, Poss 6-B" rating for similar reasons. Law is debatable.
What was doffys 6-C feat again?

Did they though? Would Oda kill a major character like him without explaining his powers ?
Someone tell me that orochi should still had one head left since kaido destroy one, scabbards destroy 6 (but the legend of his devul fruit irl have 8 head so still one left)

Did they though? Would Oda kill a major character like him without explaining his powers ?
Forgot to say this before, Orochi may be alive as others said (8th head and Hiyori) but i really don't like his powers enough to keep him alive just to an explanation.

I sont like Orochi be hes obviously not dead and im guessing thats a factor of his DF, makes me wonder what a Hydra Mythical Zoan would be like.

Yeah Zoro was responding to Law asking “Hey are you still with us” by saying “Barely” (Some paraphrasing).

I heard a good analogy on a livestream of this Chapter regarding zoro downplayers..The analogy was this..If a bus falls on you & you hold it up for a couple of seconds didn't you still take the impact? My answer & the panels was of course you did..So to me this is a solid feat.. Cant wait till the official translation comes out though

I heard a good analogy on a livestream of this Chapter regarding zoro downplayers..The analogy was this..If a bus falls on you & you hold it up for a couple of seconds didn't you still take the impact? My answer & the panels was of course you did..So to me this is a solid feat.. Cant wait till the official translation comes out though
Let's not forget that Zoro is yet to bust out Ashura

This is the problem with the OP Fandom (Or just Fandoms in general), some people are saying its not a solid feat despite the fact he did stop it if even for a second, may not have fully stopped and probably would have killed him but he did stop it, while another part is using it as proof Zoro is equal to a Yonko.

Its a legit and hype feat that Zoro preformed, theres just no getting around that.

We also got the time confirmed to be a second for how long he blocked the attack, still a great feat just nice to get the time down.

Ive also been disappointed tbh, not as bad as I was however. I think if you really look past the surface its not quite as bad (Outside the Zoro thing) and I still think neither Yonko has really gone all out yet but we'll see.

I think Kaido has been ok so far, the Scabbards stuff was a bit iffy but he did just decide to one shot them and he did, then in this fight the only thing ive really taken issue with was the dodging (Although the one with Luffy I kinda think he thought it was Red Roc not Red Hawk), outside that Kaido has taken a bunch of hits and doesnt seem very damaged.

BM has been the most disappointing to me, Kaido has had his issues but for the most part hes been fine but Mama has been made in a joke/meme a couple times now which is pretty disappointing, tbf so far no one has hurt a "Healthy" BM but yeah they constantly getting outplayed by those below you is just eh. This last time with Kidd and Law it wasnt as bad as the others, it wasnt that they overpowered her just used great team work (Although Kidd tking a punch to the face was eh).

The other two we just havnt seen enough yet, WB (I know you didnt include him) has been everything I expected at least.

True

Wonder when the resistance to teleportation CRT’s going to happen 👀
I can quickly make it if it's fine with everyone.

We need to get every quick CRT done, because when these big verse wide CRTs hit, we won't have time for the mini powers and abilities.

Official chapter is out.

We can add both Armament and Observation Haki to Kaido now. (This is honestly so straightforward that I doubt we'd need to do a CRT because it would be like two posts long)
Proficient for both I'm assuming?

I can quickly make it if it's fine with everyone.

We need to get every quick CRT done, because when these big verse wide CRTs hit, we won't have time for the mini powers and abilities.
Fine with me, and true.

I am disappointed with the Yonkou, the 4 current ones, really.
What about them is so disappointing? I’ve been pretty satisfied with How the yonkos have been handled except for Big Mom.

Official chapter is out.

We can add both Armament and Observation Haki to Kaido now. (This is honestly so straightforward that I doubt we'd need to do a CRT because it would be like two posts long)
This is fine with me. Feel free to do so.

What about them is so disappointing? I’ve been pretty satisfied with How the yonkos have been handled except for Big Mom.
Shanks so far is the only one that didn't disappoint me, but that's because he basically didn't do anything after MF and not because he did something nice.

Teach with 2 strong DFs and his whole crew didn't want to face Sakazuki, who was the only important character there iirc.

Big Mom was mostly a meme in WCI and keeps being one in Wano so far.

Kaido's crew sucks and all the hype from having one shot G4 disappeared 9 chapters ago.

Now 2 of them failed to instakill Zoro and one will not die because the 5 novas didn't use their brains earlier in the battle when there was water around.

Shanks still has hope, but the others... i am disappointed, they feel more a big wall than a demonic beast, i think this analogy explains my view perfectly.

True

Wonder when the resistance to teleportation CRT’s going to happen 👀
My only problem in gauging his resistance is how much does it coming from a devil fruit affect the feat? Since it was stated that due to his haki law was unable to teleport him.. Unless we take haki for its literal definition of being willpower which means that due to will Kaido has some resistance to teleportation.

Shanks so far is the only one that didn't disappoint me, but that's because he basically didn't do anything after MF and not because he did something nice.

Teach with 2 strong DFs and his whole crew didn't want to face Sakazuki, who was the only important character there iirc.

Kaido's crew sucks and all the hype from having one shot G4 disappeared 9 chapters ago.

Now 2 of them failed to instakill Zoro and one will not die because the 5 novas didn't use their brains earlier in the battle when there was water around.

Shanks still has hope, but the others... i am disappointed, they feel more a big wall than a demonic beast, i think this analogy explains my view perfectly.
I think for BB he just didnt want to face Sakazuki and the Marines yet so I say lets wait till we see him post Timeskip.

For Kaido I still dont think hes been so bad, sure I wish he did more damage but overall no ones done any real damage to him yet and him still being able to blitz Luffy was alright, ill wait to see how he handles himself these next few chapters without Mama tho.

Shanks I agree, cant be disappointed in someone thats done nothing.

BM I also unfortunately have to agree outside no one harming her and getting some cool new attacks a couple chapters ago shes become a huge meme.

There are no stakes atm, when I saw Luffy getting crushed under Kaidos attack I basically felt nothing and will assume hes mostly fine until proven otherwise. Cant even say im worried about the Flower Capital since Mama mentioned the Ocean underneath which would mean theres still a ways to go, until I see her hit the ground ill assume they are still far away.

Big Mom is completely a meme I’ll give you that.
Akainu would’ve folded him so I don’t hold that against him, IMO it’s a smart move you got what you wanted now you dip.
I think once all the hybrid forms are out his crew will become more impressive (praying for King not to be fodder)

And I honestly think Kaido is going to skyrocket if he gets a great flashback, especially if it includes his time on the Rocks

There are no stakes atm, when I saw Luffy getting crushed under Kaidos attack I basically felt nothing and will assume hes mostly fine until proven otherwise. Cant even say im worried about the Flower Capital
This is 1000% true, I’m hoping for the raid to fail like Mr.Morj. Them mentioning Robin had me thinking what if she gets captured again by Big Mom or something.

I think that the Yonko have been handled well. The supernovas have simply grown strong enough to hold out against them for a while.

Back