• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: AP Revision of High Tiers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage3245 said:
I'm not a fan of Pica's calc, I don't think it corresponds directly to AP since it is him just shifting around the island's landmarks and not representative of his actual tier IMO.

I agree with you about scaling Luffy to be At least 7-A based off of scaling to Zoro.
Pica shifting the Island around might affect his lifting tier rather than AP. I think you're right about that. Simply because lifting is a pushing pulling motion accomplished over a period of time while AP is an instantaneous strike.

Monkey D. Luffy (New World Saga): At least 7-A (Superior to Zoro and Sanji), Likely 6-C with G2 & G3 (Kept up with Fujitora), At least 6-C with G4 (Overwhelmed Doflamingo)

Doflamingo: 6-C (Kept up with Luffy), 6-C with Birdcage (Calced)

Trafalgar Law: At least 7-A (One-shot Vergo), 6-C with Gamma Knife (Dealt heavy damage to Doflamingo)

Zoro: 7-A (Calc), likely higher with Asura

Pica: Likely 7-A (Held back Zoro temporarily, but was ultimately weaker)

Vergo: Likely 7-A (Roughly comparable to Pica)

Sanji: Likely 7-A (Managed to hold back Vergo temporarily)

Katakuri: At least 6-C

Smoothie
: 6-C

Cracker
: 6-C

Fujitora
: At least 6-C, likely higher, High 6-C with meteors

Sabo: At least 6-C, likely higher

Jack
: At least 6-C

Inuarashi

Nekomamushi

Thoughts on these ratings?

Seems fine, but I have a few questions. Why are law and Luffy High 7-A, when there's no High 7-A calc for them to scale to in my knowledge?

Also, shouldn't zoro be just "7-A" without an "at least", given that his calc resulted in well... 7-A

Hmm. I guess I could rate base Luffy and Law as 7-A, but the difference in power between the likes of Luffy/Law and Zoro/Pica/Vergo seemed high enough to be a tier apart.

His calc was 7-A but that doesn't necessarily mean it's his maximum power. I guess he doesn't need the 'At least' but given how easily he dispatched Pica it seemed appropriate.

I can remove those bits if you want.

I'd say that Zoro should be just 7-A. While it might've not necessarily been his "maximum power", it was his secret technique, so it wasn't a casual attack. Also he should get a "likely higher with Asura"

I'd say Luffy and Law should get "At least 7-A" via being >Zoro/Sanji/etc.

Damage3245 said:
Hmm. I guess I could rate base Luffy and Law as 7-A, but the difference in power between the likes of Luffy/Law and Zoro/Pica/Vergo seemed high enough to be a tier apart.

His calc was 7-A but that doesn't necessarily mean it's his maximum power. I guess he doesn't need the 'At least' but given how easily he dispatched Pica it seemed appropriate.

I can remove those bits if you want.
Zoro having an "At Least" makes more since imo as it's obvious he wasn't going full power.

Shouldn't Katakuri have the same rating as Jack and Gear 4 Luffy? Likely Smoothie as well.

He used his strongest attack(excluding asura), which resulted in 7-A. If anything, one could argue that Pica shouldn't scale to 7-A. I'd say Pica should be "Likely 7-A" due to being able to hold off zoro

Okay, I'll add those ratings for Jack and Katakuri.

I don't think we've seen enough of Smoothie to rate her on par with them.

Pica will be likely 7-A, and so will Vergo and Sanji by association.

Though Zoro wasn't breaking a sweat against Pica iirc.

Edit: Luffys 1st mate should be "at least 7A" since Luffy is already "at least 6C."

Edit 2: Else it'd seem like he's leaving Zoro in the dust in terms of power. Thus making Zoro more irrelevant? Kinda like the DBZ side characters.

@Damage

Yeah, seems good. One could argue that Pica doesn't scale to 7-A, but I think using "likely" is fine.

Also, where does the 6-C calc come from? The one luffy with g2/g3 scales to? Just interested.

@Gear2ndGandalf

The one thing you seem to be missing is that the only justification for 7-A that OP characters like Pica, Sanji, etc. have is Zoro's secret technique calculation.

If you want to argue that Zoro "wasn't breaking a sweat against pica" then that would mean that you're arguing for Pica to NOT be 7-A. Which I mentioned the possibility of, and if you want to bring points on downgrading Pica, Sanji, Vergo, etc. I'm all ears.

Also, I'm pretty iffy on luffy's g2/g3 scaling to Fujitora, given that Fujitora was quite obviously holding back. But that depends on the 6-C calc itself, since I don't even know whom it belongs to

I think if we scale Fujitora to being likely 6-C for being roughly comparable to the Pre-Timeskip Admirals then Luffy's G3 would be likely 6-C as well for keeping up with Fujitora for a while.

Alright, after doing some searching, found a NF calculation of Fujitora's "Ferocious Tiger"

The accepted end was 1.4 gigatons, a.k.a High 7-A

This should scale to Fujitora, and Luffy's G2/G3 as well as durability, since Luffy tanked this attack(Granted, it's probably due to his blunt damage resistance)

And since it was a casual attack, I'd say that Fujitora should be:

"At least High 7-A, up to High 6-C with meteors", while G2/G3 Luffy should be "High 7-A".

Don't know about Luffy's G4 scaling, as well as other commanders

It seems that there is no calcs available to scale the 1st mates and Gear 4 Luffy, so the only thing that I can suggest atm is to put them at "At least High 7-A"

If someone has a 6-C calc that they could scale to, it would be great

Does anybody know of further calculations to use?

I'm confused. Wasn't the proposed change supposed to be High 6-C scaling off Luffy's gear 4? Why are he and everyone ele who scales to him (Katagiri, Cracker, Smoothie, etc) been dropped to 6-C?

Luffy's base level is being downgraded, so consequently his Gear 4 form is being downgraded too, and all the people that scale off of that by association.

Can I ask why the OP character get a nerf to MHS? I though only the Alabasta calc was removed, what is the reason for the nerf?

The feats presented for Relativistic OP don't really hold up to scrutiny.

As it stands, making everybody high-tier and above as Relativistic is derives from one questionable feat which is pretty much an outlier.

If OP gets more consistent Relativistic feats in future arcs then it will be changed, of course.

Thanks, but right now we're trying to settle the AP / striking strength / durability scaling.

Damage3245 said:
Thanks, but right now we're trying to settle the AP / striking strength / durability scaling.
Yes, but as chibi asked about the speed rating, well, I thought it could come in handy.

There were some further One Piece tier adjustments discussed in another thread. Perhaps that should be posted here as well?

I can't seem to find it, but Damage3245 took part in it, so he might be able to help out with a link.

I'm not 100% sure but I think those discussions were carried over to here.

Later today, I'll post a clearer summary of the necessary changes along with links to the calcs that they're based on.

There is also Aokiji's ocean freeze, but that calculation blog may have been rejected. I don't remember so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back