• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Abilities Addition Thread #4

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
This is going to be the format now. Since I can't cover any detail of the series with this series on my own, it's now official that you can put your suggestions and we'll evaluate if it's legit enough to request an evaluation from staff members.

The abilities in this post were found for KobsterHope. Credit goes for him.

Luffy

• Rage Power. Proof here. Before this scene, Luffy wasn't doing much, but then Arlong angered Luffy, got his nose broke and stomped (literally) in one single strike despite not being in a poor state.
  • Large Size (Type 0) for Tankman. Far taller than Cracker who's around Doflamingo's height.
  • Get rid of Exceptional Willpower in EBS Luffy and replace it with Enormous Willpower to not make it redundant.
  • Move Limited Homing Attack from Whole Cake key to Dressrosa key. He used Phython against Doflamingo.
Zoro

Nami

Robi

• Possibly Weapon Mastery. Used a dagger and held lots of flintlock pistols.
Katakuri

Doflamingo

• Upgrade his Martial arts to Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant.
Baby 5

Buggy

• Social Influencing. Escaped and survived from Impel Down prison, gathering lots of criminals under his command by sheer luck (which could be associated with Supernatural Luck) to the point of convincing them to follow his lead just bluffing.
Alvida

Haki

• Willpower Manipulation: This isn't something like Golden Experience Requiem's WM, but the Conqueror's Haki users are able to use their willpowers to dominate inferior willpowers, so they are effectively manipulating their own willpowers.
Kaku

• Large Size for his Giraffe and Hybrid Forms. Type 0.
Blueno

Big Mom

• Resistance to Soul Manipulation for Big Mom. Her Homies which are made of her very soul are able to resist Brook's powers which could extract souls from the Chess pieces. Proof here.
Bentham

Daz Bonez

• Change his Resistance to Bladed weaponry to Resistance to Bladed and Blunt Weaponry. Proof here.
  • Change his Martial Arts description to Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant.
Kuma

Hancock

Sabo

X Drake

Others

• Move "Hearing the Voice of all things" from Extrasensory Perception to Enhanced Senses. This is simple, hearing something is one of the main five senses, so even if there's something weird revolving around this concept, users are still hearing, not 'feeling' the voices. This also needs to be added to Haki's page back since it was confirmed this is part of Observation Haki.
  • Limited Biological Manipulation for Seimei Kikan users: Kumadori demonstrates this when he was able to control his digestion and turn himself super skinny after eating a lot of food and then absorb all the nutrients to get on his original size back. Lucci used Seimei Kikan to make his hybrid form smaller and more maneuverable. Proof here and here.
  • Limited Weather Manipulation for Gura Gura users. Explanation here.
  • Natural Weaponry for Zoan users, also Minks and Fishmen should get this ability depending on the animal they represent.
  • Organic Manipulation for Paramecia-Producer Devil Fruits users.
  • Minor Resistance to Heat Manipulation for Blackbeard Pirates and Jewelry Bonney. Proof here.

Everything above looks pretty solid to me. So if Willpower Manipulation is accepted, would that mean every person who resists Conquer Haki should get Resistance to Willpower Manipulation? Or do we leave it with people getting Exceptional Willpower like before.

Also agree with Size Manipulation for Katakuri

Now that the new thread is made I wanna bring up my recommendation here to give Whitebeard and Blackbeard limited Weather Manipulation

The premise is the quakes from the Gura Gura no mi are implied to have affected not only the ground but the sky as well leading to storms all the way to Sabaody Archipelago

The first example is here during the Paramount War SA is seen with normal weather and clear sky's

Next after Whitebeard triggers a quake that tilts Marineford we cut back to Sabaody and the weather has visiblly gotten worse and darke

and finally Blackbeard does the same thing as WB and Sabaody gets even worse

One could argue this is dramatic effect but with how consistent this is may not just be a coincidence.

No, nobody should get resistance to WM just for resist Conqueror's Haki. It's the hax weakness rather than a resistance.

Damn, I almost forgot Zoan users and certain animal and Mink characters should receive Natural Weaponry, at least those who gains things like claws, sharp teeth and etc... when they transform like Lucci, Jabra and Inuarashi for example

Chopper shouldn't get this since Human don't have any natural weaponry that I don't know of, or does his reindeer form have any natural weaponry?

@Js - I kinda fine with Limited Weather Manipulation for those two

I'll share my opinions here, as well:

• Regarding the resistances for Doflamingo, I've always been led under the assumption that it is Busoshoku Haki related, but for now it is fine until there's further information on Busoshoku (Massive Side-note, Busoshoku abilities Ryou/Goken seems to have dura negating properties according to Hyo [via phasing into a target and destroying them from the inside], so that should be noted on the Haki page under "Goken" once the chapter is released. In fact, we should perhaps brush up that page by properly bracketing what "novice" and "adept" and "advanced" users are capable of properly instead of simply listing them off like we have). I agree with the rest as well.
  • I do not think Katakuri should have technique mimicry, as both of them utilize very similar abilities in terms of elasticity and inflation, it's just that Katakuri was displaying his supremacy with attacks that are similar in nature to Luffy's. Superior speed, practical attack patterns and strength (until G4 in any case). Also, his "Afterimage" creation is incredibly shaky. I believe the first scan has some merit, but believe it merely showed his prior position before ducking or moving to the side in order to not confuse the reader. The second image is simply showing his motion, same with the scan showing Lucci using Kamisori to close in on Luffy. Agreed with the other 2 points, however.
  • I agree 100% with Zoro's.
  • Large Size for Luffy is questionable since we need to scale to see if he is indeed 5+m tall, but otherwise I agree.
  • Agreed with Sanji's if that is an accurate translation. His AP for all of his keys (post time-skip included) should have "higher" for Diable Jambe though, if they haven't already. Ignoring the fact that his kicks are somewhat dura negating, the power of his kicks have increased as well.
  • Agreed with Kaku.
  • Vinsmokes: IDK if that's really "transformation". They are merely equipping their raid suits to enhance their abilities. Their bodies are not changed, and neither are their equipment in any way. I disagree for the most part.
  • Baby 5: I abstain. I don't particularly care for that since anime do it all the time and are inconsistent with characters in cold temperatures.
  • Alvida: Agreed, but if Luffy screamed loud, and they were close to that location (from the ship), then I'd have to question this.
  • Buggy: Agreed.
  • Haki: I think there were cases that support this, but I believe Haoshoku expresses the will of the user outward, but then again, iirc, Luffy used Haoshoku to wake himself from Monet's grasp and was fully alert. So if someone can bring some examples, I'll agree with this.
  • Others: I do not think "Hearing the voice of all things" should be changed since enhanced senses usually correlate to literal hearing and such, where as extrasensory perception is more along the lines of hearing telepathic messages and the sort. Zunisha was loud for Momonosuke and Luffy, but no one else was even aware it was speaking, and the voice was from within their heads (aka telepathy :p). And I agree with the Seimei Kikan changes.
  • Natural Weaponry for Zoan Users is an absolute must: Marco has flames and talons, Pell has talons and can use his wings to strike targets, Chopper can change the size and shape of his horns, any bull-type has horns, Jack has a trunk and tusks, Queen can whip targets with his long neck and tail, King gains impalement from his large beak, and the list goes on.

>Doffy

Yes, unless we get evidence of Haki doing that, this should go for the characters.

>Haki

Yes, now it's pretty clear that Goken is a form of Durability Negation.

>Tankman

This form is easily twice taller than Cracker, maybe thrice considering how big it is in comparison, and Cracker is a tall person as well. Even being slighty shorter than Doflamingo would lead to Tankman having Type 0.

>Sanji

It's Viz translation.

>Vinsmokes

I was reluctant but for some reason we have Transformation in the Power Rangers profiles when they morph so that's why I added it.

>Others

A good equivalent I cant think of for TVOAT is that its frecuency is only audible for some people, just like very acute sounds are audible for dogs and cats. It's not the same.

In addition, I was explained that Enhanced Senses covers everything that has some relation with the main senses, while Extrasensory Perception is something the character must feel, like Ki in Dragon Ball.

@Calaca

>Haki

We should alter the page at least moderately in any case.

>Tankman

As long as Luffy is 5+ meters, it is fine, but the scans only show him compared to Cracker's legs in perspective, and I forgot Cracker's height xD.

>Vinsmokes

Another profile having "transformation" for simply putting on equipment is wrong, and we shouldn't follow that. If anything, they should have it questioned.

>Others

I'll pass on this topic for now since not enough info or examples are presented for TVOAT atm.

>Haki

We should have another thread for this topic. It feels like it deserves it.

>Vinsmokes

Fair enough. I'm fine either way.

> Large Size (Type 0)

If I recall correctly, Luffy's Boundman height was estimated to be about 4 meters which is below Type 0.

Natural weaponry for Zoans sounds good

Technique mimicry for Kata seems okay I guess. He did mention he was copying Luffy or using superior variations. A lot of that was the nature of his powers being similar but were he fighting say a swordsman with six arms he could mimick that as easily as mimicking fire arms with his vers fruit. His OH is so OP he could probably mjmick attack patterns too. Long as Mimicry doesn't include fundamental differences (Like Ice attacks) he shoudl be okay.

Speaking of, I still don't see an argument dor dur Negation for heat and freezing. Duffy joins a very long list of characters who tank fire, ice, and all sorts of energy. At best its attributed to his Haki which all characters in OP have and would need to be applied across the board.

Explosion Manipulation to Big Mom (Can use Prometheus like a bomb - here)

and Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Homies with her soul has a soul strong enough to resist Brook's musical powers - here)

Shouldn't Luffy's regen be HIgh-Low or Low-Mid given the organ damage he took from Akainu and Katakuri?

What organ damage? Akainu's scar was only on the skin and part of the flesh and he received a surgery.

We don't see him actually regenerating from Katakuri's wound either.

Rei Rubro said:

and Resistance to Soul Manipulation (Homies with her soul has a soul strong enough to resist Brook's musical powers - here)
bump

Calaca Vs said:
What organ damage? Akainu's scar was only on the skin and part of the flesh and he received a surgery.
We don't see him actually regenerating from Katakuri's wound either.
I'm not even sure how to respond to this denial of lava being sent through Luffy . . . . :S

Honestly, it would probably not even produce any high results, even if we assumed Kaido to be capable of engulfing all of Wano with clouds.

Hmmm, I believe summoning clouds is already covered by Weather Manipulation which Kaido has and I don't know which power and Abilities covers walking on clouds?

Rei Rubro said:

I'm okay with Explosion Manipulation. Iffy on the Resistance to Soul Manipulation

Jack has been confirmed as a Fishman in the latest Vivre Card so I just want to say...

CALLED IT
Also, his profile can be updated to say he definitely does have Underwater Breathing.

I always thought that was obvious that Jack was a Fishman since he was breathing fine underwater after Zunisha wack him but at least we have confirmation. Therefore, we should remove the 'Possibly' from his Underwater Breathing.

Back