• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Abilities Addition Thread #4

AstralKing7 said:
so jack woulndt be weak sea water would he???
As long as he is a Devil Fruit user, he will always become immobilized when submerged deep in water, it just that he doesn't have to worry about drowning.

I'm going to ignore the fact that I also been calling that for months.

But Kobster is right. Vander Decken can't move while underwater. This proves that a Fishman with DF powers can't move but can breath underwater.

I know lots of other people called it too (because it was the most logical conclusion). I'm just glad it was confirmed.

No mention of Jack's Haki status unfortunately.

Well, it's only a matter of time about that.

BTW, any comment about the OP?

Okay, OP updated. Does anyone have other suggestions? Once we reach the 100 replies I'll call the staff members.

For now, til I find more;

Resistance to Fire Manipulation for Daz Bonez (Blocks Usopp's flame star with his hand)

Acrobatics for Daz Bonez: Does this constitute as evidence

Acrobatics for Bon Clay (run up a wall)

Don't forget Katakuri's Size Manipulation via this

Reword Daz Bonez's resistance to Resistance to Bladed and Blunt Weaponry (Bladed for obvious reason and Blunt Weaponry via blocking bullets as most of the Marine's bullets are rounded)

Since, Bon Clay fought evenly against Sanji, who is listed as a Master hand to hand fighter, should he received that same status. Daz Bonez was able to avoid multiple strikes from Bon Clay. Don't know if that constitutes as a enough reason for Daz Bonez as a master hand to hand combatant.

Since Zoro via Shishi Sonson is implied to use Haki in the technique via this I suppose, should we make mention of Pre-Timeskip Zoro using Busōshoku Haki then like "unknowingly user of Busōshoku Haki" since he obviously doesn't know that cutting through metal means utilizing Haki

Whitemustache's Resistance to Pai: Has an extremely high pain tolerance. He was able to keep fighting despite the number of life-threatening injuries. During the War at Marineford, Whitebeard sustained numerous sword wounds, gunshot wounds, and wounds from cannonballs, and got a portion of his head blasted off. In addition, he received one of Kizaru's laser beams and two of Akainu's magma blasts to the chest. Whitebeard continued to press forward and fight

EDIT:

Afterimage Creation for Rob Lucci: https://m.imgur.com/a/uZ6n1

Isnt that just having good endurance for Whitebeard? Was also actually only one Akainu magma blast to the chest.

Yeah, I think that for Whitebeard just has good endurance. There isn't an indication that he feels pain less than normal.

Despite having half of his face burned off, which may included part of his brain? I don't believe that is something that someone could just shrug off, even with great endurance but Whitebeard didn't even flinch

It's possibly an attribute afforded by Haoshoku, given that it relates to the willpower of the user and others, and that it may lead characters who have it to power through attacks that would otherwise KO/Kill others (within SOME reason--mostly nonsensical cases too, ofc). We see the likes of Luffy, Doflamingo, and Whitebeard bounce right back up from attacks that would otherwise kill anyone else in the manga (or at least put them out of the fight).

I'd probably give WB Pain resistance until my theory is confirmed by the manga, because I'm just assuming.

High stamina/endurance is kind of a staple of some shonen and OP is certainly no exception. No vote for pain resistance from me.

I see no reason Kobster's other points don't stand.

I still think adding resistances for every character who doesn't get destroyed by low levels of heat is overkill. Same for cold and other elemental energy attacks which are easily quantified.

Here's a couple of abilities to be added

Blueno:-

• Weapon Mastery: Can competently use a Gu

• Pocket Reality Manipulation: Can create "air doors", doors in the air itself, which lead to what seems to be a pocket dimension of sorts, allowing him to travel great distances and enter a safe haven where his opponents cannot reach
    • Limited Status Effect Inducement: Can create door on people's faces, which rotates really fast, leaving them dizzy, confused and vulnerable. This would make movement hard for enemy for they cannot see properly.
Kuma:-

• Extrasensory Perception and Limited Information Analysis: As with the other Pacifista models, Kuma has a built-in electronic recognition device within his pupils, which enables him to accurately identify certain individuals (presumably anybody that is listed within the World Government's bounty system) and their bounty count from across a distance of several dozen meters.
Bon Clay:-

Sabo:-

Portgas D. Ace:-

Kaku:-

Boa Hancock:-

X Drake;-

• Resistance to Cold Temperatures: Hanging out in the snow
Blackbeard Pirates and Jewelry Bonney:-

@PlumCrayfish; I really don't think the last one counts as Resistance to Heat Manipulation.

Simply being near a fire doesn't grant resistance.

Really, I thought that since the entire island looks to be on fire, and that much fire should generate lots of heat to sustain itself that one should have some resistance to heat especially that they were on the island for some time, waiting for the marine to come with a ship and none look to breaking any sweat from being on the island

That doesn't count. She doesn't use poison in her standard equipment and has never used it as an optional equipment.

I'd like to see Arlong lolnoping the poison tho.

I'm okay with Plum's list above.

As for Poison Manipulation, I agree with Calaca. Though I love for this to be counted as a Resistance to Poison Manipulation for Arlong or is it too vague

Calaca Vs said:
That doesn't count. She doesn't use poison in her standard equipment and has never used it as an optional equipment.

I'd like to see Arlong lolnoping the poison tho.
What you think about Big Mom stuff?

Explosion Manipulation it's okay.

Resistance to Soul Manipulation is also good, I think. Brook can manipulate souls, but BM's Homies can't be influenced by Brook's power and that's her soul so it should count as a resistance.

That's pretty straightforward so having a CRT for it it's not necessary as long as it's official information. I'll add it once I change Jozu's profile picture.

Shouldn't Bartholomew Kuma have Limited Light Manipulation added to his ability to create laser since he is a Pacifista and thus his laser are from from Kizaru's Devil Fruit, which would technically make them light speed but whatever. Also he did this via his mouth, so shouldn't that be counted as a Breath Attack, the Pacifista as well should have it.

Also should Robin not have Statistics Amplification via her Cien Fleur and such

Also why is Jabra's Zoan Form has Large Size (Type 0)?

EDIT: Since Kuma is mindless robot now since he has been rob of his free will and having his mind removed, does that makes him Resistance to Empathic Manipulation, Memory Manipulation and Mind Manipulation, if not outright immune to them

Limited Light Manipulation for Kuma - Okay

Statistics Amplification for Robin - I guess

Large Size (Type 0) for Jabra - I don't think he is that's tall, especially compared to Kaku's giraffe form so I guess it okay to take it off.

If Kuma doesn't have a mind, that means he doesn't has physical consciousness so he should resist basic mind Manipulation yes. Unsure about Resistance to Memory and Empathic Manipulation atm

Big Mom is touching soul so she should get NPI for sure in my book

Limited Durability Negation for Kuma - Seems legit

I'm not sure he got stronger after going berserk. He could just be as strong as before, just using his full strength after getting angry.

Well, during the earlier portion of the fight, he was shown roughly comparable, though he was shown to be on the losing end. Arlong was plenty angry during those moments because of Luffy's fighting style and his tendency to not take the fight seriously.

Then, at that moment in the scan, he shown to gotten lot quicker, able to grab the Luffy before he could react and dealt a solid hit/throw for the first time in the whole fight, though this is Luffy so the punch doesn't hurt. Luffy, even though caught off guard by Arlong's assaults from before was able to react and escape accordingly. Luffy even noted that the experience was scary though it didn't hurt due to being rubber and all and said Arlong was particularly enraged.

EDIT: @Calaca - What you think of the other suggestions above. The OP needs to be updated

Well, I'll let other people decide. I'm still against that since it's not as clear as Luffy's case.

I know, I have been letting this thread kinda die, but I'll update everything soon. I'll also give my input about everything yet to be replied, but could you summarize what's left?

Here's the first batch:-

Resistance to Fire Manipulation for Daz Bonez (Blocks Usopp's flame star with his hand)

Acrobatics for Daz Bonez: Does this constitute as evidence

Acrobatics for Bon Clay (run up a wall)

Don't forget Katakuri's Size Manipulation via this

Reword Daz Bonez's resistance to Resistance to Bladed and Blunt Weaponry (Bladed for obvious reason and Blunt Weaponry via blocking bullets as most of the Marine's bullets are rounded)

Since, Bon Clay fought evenly against Sanji, who is listed as a Master hand to hand fighter, should he received that same status. Daz Bonez was able to avoid multiple strikes from Bon Clay. Don't know if that constitutes as a enough reason for Daz Bonez as a master hand to hand combatant.

Since Zoro via Shishi Sonson is implied to use Haki in the technique via this I suppose, should we make mention of Pre-Timeskip Zoro using Busōshoku Haki then like "unknowingly user of Busōshoku Haki" since he obviously doesn't know that cutting through metal means utilizing Haki

Whitemustache's Resistance to Pai: Has an extremely high pain tolerance. He was able to keep fighting despite the number of life-threatening injuries. During the War at Marineford, Whitebeard sustained numerous sword wounds, gunshot wounds, and wounds from cannonballs, and got a portion of his head blasted off. In addition, he received one of Kizaru's laser beams and two of Akainu's magma blasts to the chest. Whitebeard continued to press forward and fight

Afterimage Creation for Rob Lucci: https://m.imgur.com/a/uZ6n1

TLDR: Damage, Dr. Fix and Viole seems to disagreed on Resistance to Pain for Whitebeard while Cin is so-so, though I feel like he should have it due to mostly having his face metled off, which mean part of his brain but still didn't utter any sort of pain. Not to forget the amount of sword stuck to his body and not once did he scream in pain.

Dr. Fix right now is the only one to comment on the other abilities here, saying that it is okay though said that adding resistances for every character who doesn't get destroyed by low levels of heat is overkill.

The second batch of abiliites:-

Blueno:-

• Weapon Mastery: Can competently use a Gu

• Pocket Reality Manipulation: Can create "air doors", doors in the air itself, which lead to what seems to be a pocket dimension of sorts, allowing him to travel great distances and enter a safe haven where his opponents cannot reach
    • Limited Status Effect Inducement: Can create door on people's faces, which rotates really fast, leaving them dizzy, confused and vulnerable. This would make movement hard for enemy for they cannot see properly.
Kuma:-

• Extrasensory Perception and Limited Information Analysis: As with the other Pacifista models, Kuma has a built-in electronic recognition device within his pupils, which enables him to accurately identify certain individuals(presumably anybody that is listed within the World Government's bounty system) and their bounty count from across a distance of several dozen meters.
Bon Clay:-

Sabo:-

Portgas D. Ace:-

Kaku:-

Boa Hancock:-

X Drake;-

• Resistance to Cold Temperatures: Hanging out in the snow
Blackbeard Pirates and Jewelry Bonney:-

TLDR: Damage is in disagrement with the Resistance to Heat Manipulation for Blackbeards Pirates and Bonney, while Kobster seems to be generally okay with it.

No one else commented.

And finally the last batch I promised:-

Limited Light Manipulation for Kuma (since his lazer is the same as the other Pacifista)

Breath Attack for Kuma and Pacifista (since they can launch lazer from their mouth)

Statistics Amplification for Nico Robin via her Cien Fleur and such

Large Size Type 0 removed from Jabra's Zoan Form

Resistance to Mind, Empathic and Memory Manipulation for Kuma - Since he doesn't have a mind as it was removed and Kuma is mindless robot now since he has been rob of his free will.

Limited Durability Negation for Kuma via his pad cannon - Here are the evidences.

Non-Physical Interaction for Big Mom - She basically can touch souls.

TLDR - Rei Rubro is in agreement in agreement with resistance to Mind Manipulation for Kuma though he think it should be immunity since Kuma is mindless. I'm okay with that resistance as well though unsure atm about empathic and memory manipulation.

Kobster and I are okay with NPI for Big Mom.

I agree on Light Manipulation, Breath Attack, Statistics Amplification, removal of Large Size and Limited Durability Negation aspects

Okay, I'll see what's good to add and will address about what isn't.

>Daz Resistance to Fire

Not likely considering we measure fire by tier and Usopp's power is way lower than Daz.

>Daz Acrobatics

IIRC he did some spins in his fight against Zoro. If anyone finds that we could add it since it's a pretty straightforward ability.

>Bentham Acrobatics

His style revolves around this so it's fine to add. Same with Daz.

>Katakuri's Size Manipulation

Considering his body isn't mochi itself, this is a no. This would apply to characters who are indeed affecting their own bodies, like Luffy or any Logia whose body is made of an element. Katakuri only needs to produce more mochi, and that doesn't affect his size.

>Daz's Resistance

Well, it seems good to me.

>Bentham's Martial Arts

Considering he uses Okama Kenpo as fighting style he shoud have something like Expert Martial Artist instead. Daz Bonez clashed with him very briefly, so that hardly counts, but considering he basically fought Zoro with his own body, he should've something like Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant.

>Zoro's Haki

Agreed. Unconscious user of Haki is good.

>Shirohige's Pain

No, this isn't a feat of resisting Pain Manipulation. These are Pain Tolerance feats, but it's not the same. We don't grant Resistance to Willpower Manipulation to people able to stand conscious after someone burst his Conqueror's Haki. We instead give them Enormous Willpower or something similar. The same applies for this, this is Pain Tolerance.

>Lucci's Afterimage Creation

It's good, I guess. I'm not sure now considering it's just a bunch of lines that might be a narrative tool to show us the transition.

>Blueno

Agreed with Weapon Mastery, should be listed as "Proficient using a gun".

This isn't Pocket Reality Manipulation but Dimensional Travel. He isn't affecting the enviroment in that dimension and we don't know if he can do it. PRM is more like what Bege does inside his body.

>Kuma

Agreed.

>Sabo and Ace

Stealth Mastery is iffy. Being a thief doesn't necessarily mean he's doing in secret without nobody noticing. In fact, if they are known as thieves, then they aren't as stealth as they'd like. Same with Ace.

Acrobatics is fine for Sabo, but Ace could be just propulsing himself with the Mera Mera powers and that's most likely the case considering his lower body is engulfed with flames. In that case, he wouldn't be jumping that high, he'd need to jump and use his fire to propulse himself mid-air.

>Kaku

Yes, that's good.

>Hancock's Acrobatics

I guess? I'm not seeing any conclusive evidence, or at least I don't see those movements as that, but it could be.

>Drake

Yes, his chest is uncovered so I think it's fine to add Minor Resistance.

It's funny that he's wearing a scarf even the

>Kurohige Pirates

Hm... this is a hard one, but looking close to them, they ain't even breaking a sweat. For example, Van Augur's standing above one of the pillars that has fire surrounding it in Page 9 and he's fine, with a clear face.

So I think it's okay to add Minor Resistance to Heat Manipulation, since they aren't dismissing the fire, just the heat in the area.

>Kuma and Pacifista

Agreed.

>Robin

Eh, I guess? She's just increasing the amount of limbs technically, not increasing the strength of them.

>Jabra

I'll remove it once I change his picture.

I agree with everything below that. Resistance for Mind Manipulation to Kuma is good enough, since we don't know the full details of his current status. Pain Tolerance would also be needed considering he doesn't say a thing when a sword stabs him (as shown in the Lev Ely arc with the World Noble hurting him).

The Pacifista don't seem like they have any martial skill (they're mindless robots), just brute strength. It's minor though I guess

Doesn't Cyborgization cover Inorganic Physiology to an extent? Kuma probably has some organic parts despite being turned into a robot.

Back