• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One of the most famous cartoon characters of all time vs the lord of chaos

What exactly does Bugs do with his plot manipulation and toon force that saves him from powernull? Like, just "having" plot manipulation/toon force doesn't make you immune to powernull. Unsurprisingly, it turns out you need to actually use it in a way that prevents that from happening. So I ask again: Exactly what can he do with it that allows him to resist?

Thinking>Drawing with a pencil.

It's passive luck manipulation that causes him to be so lucky that even other characters with luck become unlucky. It's a form of passive Probability Manipulation.

Holy shit, we literally just went over why luck manipulation will not work. It's not going to work on Discord's chaos due to it's logic-less nature. This is a literal in-universe reason for a luck spell failing on his chaos.

I said this already, the luck protects bugs. It is passive probability manip which makes the odds protect bugs and give him a good favour. Luck manip may won't work on discord, but unless discord has passive luck negation for OTHERS, not just himself. Then Bugs still has the advantage

I'm pretty sure the luck manipulation has to affect Discord and his powers to stop them from working. Unless his luck manipulation can defend him from reality warping that literally operates by removing logic, I'm not buying it. Things called "limits" exist.

"Making others unlucky is just part of his good luck" Uh huh, and that's going to directly affect Discord is it not? Making him unlucky? Really, with the way you word it, it's hard to imagine it as anything else.

Lightbuster30 said:
I'm pretty sure the luck manipulation has to affect Discord and his powers to stop them from working. Unless his luck manipulation can defend him from reality warping that literally operates by removing logic, I'm not buying it. Things called "limits" exist.
Being so lucky that you make others unlucky is also not too logical. He has limits, he's just broken as hell as far as High 4-C characters go.

Of course it isn't. But, Bugs's luck extends far beyond simply making others unlucky. It also extends to the luck making bugs super lucky himself and giving BUGS extremely positive outcomes no matter how ludicrous it sounds

TitanCrusher101 said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Being so lucky that you make others unlucky is also not too logical. He has limits, he's just broken as hell as far as High 4-C characters go.
Rimuru Tempest: "Hold my Omnipotent Beer"

TitanCrusher101 said:
Lightbuster30 said:
No thats called luck/probability manipulation. Plenty of characters have powers that "technically" break logic. In the case of Discord it's a direct part of his powerset.

1. Omnipotence is impossible

2. I said High 4-C characters, which are not too common, especially compared to the tier above them.

3. I know that was a joke before somone tries to be a redditor

From the way you are saying it. It seems like that Discord can't be negatively affected by bug's luck. BUT, Discord can't fully negate the luck still vastly benefiting bugs

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Of course it isn't. But, Bugs's luck extends far beyond simply making others unlucky. It also extends to the luck making bugs super lucky himself and giving BUGS extremely positive outcomes no matter how ludicrous it sounds
You're gonna need to go into detail on that one.

From the youtube scans I saw, The luck gives Bugs incredibly lucky outcomes and possibilites that seem ludicrous. For example, his luck protected him against the grim rabbit and his powers even though it was about to kill him. The luck gave Bugs near impossible chances like winning the lottery as well. There were also other scans which talked about his luck, but they weren't youtube. You can access them on his page to see

So as I thought: It makes him extreamely lucky while making others unlucky. Even when they themselves are lucky. Is that what I'm getting? Sorry, it's the way you worded what I bolded earlier. I was thinking of something completely different.

Pretty much, it's not just making others unlucky, it's also luck positively affecting him and acting like a shield which gives him positive outcomes that are extremely lucky

Considering Discord's reality warping is based on his chaos he ''might'' be able to actively negate the good luck. No real reason to assume the chaos he uses to manipualte reality is different from the chaos that negated a luck spell.

Virtually all of his powers come from his reality warping. Negation, transfiguration, lasers, portals, it almost all comes from his reality warping.

Because he uses reality warping to accomplish it. He does it via is reality warping. He can't do it without his reality warping. It's not a seperate power. He loses his reality warping, he loses his ablility to null powers.

Well, as much of a logical guess of his powers and abilities, we shouldn't use thought of where the ability reaches to for a VS match unless it was explicitly stated or performed in the canon.

Even if we do use it, that leads us back to if bugs can have a hax that is faster than discord snapping

It doesn't need to be explicitly stated. Very very strong implications are more than enough. Other characters do the same thing. Has his supernatural luck ever defended from reality warping in the first place?

Can you elaborate on that?

Basically, since Discord uses his powernull via snapping. The possible wincon for bugs is if he has any hax which can out speed Discord like thinking or a hand gesture just as fast.

From what I got so far, Bugs can stop time by moving his hands when he is under attack

Bugs also can mindhax by slightly moving his hands as well,

Also, Bugs uses his hax even if the character looks like they are going to hurt him. Especially since he has telepathy

Pretty good. he can fully control them, make them forget who they are and think they are something else, can limitedly powernull them by influencing them making them forget their powers due to their control by bugs, and this can last for hours. His control negates people with genius intelligence and people who even resist it. He can fully control them like a robot as well

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
So good he can fully control them, make them forget who they are and think they are something else, can limitedly powernull them by influencing them making them forget their powers due to their control by bugs, and this can last for hours
Don't forget that it also worked on someone without a brain.

Back