• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

On the subject of lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be specific, avoiding, reacting to, and outrunning them.

Why, exactly, is it that outrunning a laser does not make one FTL? I have a particular character in mind in asking this (hint: the laser he outran was fired out of his own hand) and I've noticed that said character's speed is rather low on this website. Is there a scientific reason, or is it just attributed to lolfiction?

How do we know that?

Heck, I'll be a little more specific: I'm referring to Genos from One Punch Man. His lasers are specifically blasts of heat Radiation. Doesn't heat move through air at the speed of light, as it's a form of an electromagnetic energy?

If I'm sounding remotely confident that the answer to any of these questions is "yes," rest assured that that is completely unintentional.

Thanks! 2a should very well debunk Genos being FTL, since I can see the laser coming at Saitama. Thanks!

...then again, it is still specifically heat radiation. Eh, maybe I shouldn't overanalyze it.

actually it would be more like does Saitama see the laser

actually do you have a scan for Genos laser

Well, I could personally easily see Saitama as FTL, but I suppose that he could have timed Genos' movements.

Me neither, buf was this not about Saitama dodging Genos' laser? I am tired.

Nah, I think he should stay Sub-Relative. That wasn't a real laser, and as much as I'd love for Saitama to be that much faster, it won't happen just yet. What we should wait for is that speed punching feat to be re-done by Musuke's drawings, he may clear it up better for us.

He got his ass handed to him, he's more of a Speed-Type, he doesn't have the power to fit the bill, but he's one of the fastest characters in the series.

Indeed.

Plus, to be completely fair, all the S-Class heroes got their asses handed to them. Garou was an absolute beast after assimilating everyone's abilities and furthering his evolution.

Yep, a true monster. The world would have been in trouble had it not had Saitama being a hero as a hobby.

I'm talking more of Genos being FTL by outrunning his own laser than Saitama being FTL by dodging it, and it looks like I've been told exactly why that's not the case.

Then why are you still talking about it being FTL, there's no point to this thread. Can I get someone to lock it?

Pretty much unless you see something interesting coming from this. The laser isn't FTL, Saitama tricks Genos easily, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back