• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
ShadowWarrior1999 said:
It actually does, especially since Ness can affect beings without brains with his mind hax, Sonic doesn't show that kind of resistance on his profile.
Affecting beings without brains has nothing to do with potency. That's not remotely how mindhax works, you need to have mindhax that is stronger than what the opponent resisted in order to mindhax them.
Plus Ness doesn't even have mindhax.

That means his mind hax is above biological potency what do you mean "has nothing to do with potency"? Have you read the mindhax page?

"Generally speaking, we judge the potency of Mind Manipulation both by what it can do and by how many people its user can affect at once with it. This may range from only a few people at a time to entire planetary populations."

Do you not know what PSI is in essence?

Besides, wasn't it Super or Ultra Sonic that defeated Lavos? Base Sonic doesn't have the same abilities as his super forms.

>I'm not saying that at all.I'm referencing the fact that Sonic's fate hax worked on a Nigh Omniscient.Not a certain part of his Fatehax is included that's honestly just downplay.I literally never appealed to authority,just merely saying that on this site Sonic's fatehax can work to it's fullest on a Nigh Omniscient.You need to prove that Sonic's fatehax won't work when the site has accepted its use on a Nigh Omniscient in the past.

>The potency of mindhax is based on range.Luke has Multi Galactic range while Sonic has 2-A resistance.You're really stretching Ness's use of mindhax here if you believe it works on someone with a 2-A resistance.Ness doesn't have that range.

>It is his go to hax when fighting a being he can't touch.I could also argue he would use it in character as Nate has taught him all about the rings power and their capabilities.Not only that in the Robobopolis issues he uses the Rings whenever they're on him.

>Fatehax will make Ness's incap be very difficult to pull off but it is possible as Sonic's fatehax make Sonic destined to win but he has shown to be incapped..Also Sonic needs a thought to Null Ness.It's a close match but I see Sonic wining here.

Can we stop with the MindHax talk till someone shows a scan of Ness using MindHax? I'm hearing yes he does but then multiple people say he doesn't.

It's getting confusing for me. ;^;

ElixirBlue said:
Besides, wasn't it Super or Ultra Sonic that defeated Lavos? Base Sonic doesn't have the same abilities as his super forms.
>Sonic's fatehax retain their potency in all forms.Mogul even admitted that he wouldn't attack Sonic then because he knew Fatehax would cause him to lose.

>Also you completely ignored the part where they explain the ranges determines the potency of mindhax.

Ness's sleep manipulation is thought based. Ness seems to be more likely to actually use this as it's in character for him to do this. I still question how Sonic will even be able to attack Ness. Reminde, he became one with the universe.

Does Sonic resist Sleep Manipulation? If not, then my vote still stands, and sonic gets SMAAAAASHED!

Oblivion Lightning said:
Sonic's mindhax retain their potency in all forms.Mogul even admitted that he wouldn't attack Sonic then because he knew Fatehax would cause him to lose.
Please. Please tell me you actually mean Sonic's mindhax resistance, which he does have, and not, his FateHax can induce mindhax... well, actually, Snivley and Naugus were acting pretty stupid when they had the upper hand against Sonic... hm... when they both have shown how cunning they are in a lot of other circumstances...

Oblivion Lightning said:
It "worked" on a nigh-omniscient in a vs thread. That's not objective, nor an instance where he's done it, it's a thread where it either wasn't argued or no one brought that up. "You need o prove that Sonic's fatehax won't work" and like that we have just went into reversal burden of proof. You're asking me to prove a negative. Prove your claim.

I literally just linked a thread above that explained it can be range but it can also be what you can do with said mind hax.

So again, he tries to touch Ness and can't, why are we just suddenly ignoring that Ness' go to action is going to be PSI incap? Let me play down the series of events you're expecting me to believe here:

>Sonic tries to hit Ness

>Realizes he can't

>Ness just stands there for whatever reason

>He uses power rings.

Someone teaching you how to use something =/= it's what you open up with.

Fatehax would make it impossible to kill Sonic nowhere in the blog nor what I've been shown does it state that fate hax makes it difficult for Sonic to be incapped. Sonic needs a thought to null Ness, afer he realizes he can't punch Ness. Ness needs a thought to incap Sonic without needing a realization. Ness' hit goes first.

Even if Sonic somehow manages to defeat Ness, TOTU will say it's a bad dream, and return to the last savepoint.

Edit: Fatehax.

DatOneWeeb said:
How is Sonic resistant to sleep manipulation?
Far as I can remember, Archie Sonic has never encountered anyone with Sleep Manipulation.

Which makes characters like Jigglypuff OP

@DatOneWeeb

He isn't. Ness puts him to sleep and beats him up with his baseball bat, then PETA files a lawsuit.

GiverOfThePeace said:
Lemme note when I say "mind hax" I'm just referring to PSI since PSI is basically using your mind to do stuff.
Hm. MindHax means something else in these parts of the internet.

Ok, I'm spilling the difference when it comes to the Power Rings (to be fair).

• Power Rings are made by the energy of the Chaos Emeralds a.k.a. Chaos Force.
  • Power Rings alone can get Base Sonic to Ultra Sonic, a form which is a higher evolution of Super Sonic.
However:

• If this thread cares about in-story feats, Power Rings were never shown to deal with 4D characters or Time itself.
  • It took A LOT of Power Rings to get Base Sonic to Ultra Sonic. Far more than 50 or 100 rings. The Rings themselves were never stated how much was need to get Sonic to Ultra Sonic. But the panels allude a far greater number.
Conclusion:

The Power Rings might allowed Sonic's attacks to make Ness's nerves twitch.

Back