• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Official Translation Requests Thread (New forum)

1Kpf55n.png

can someone please translate this? thanks
"That's because our world(universe) is connecting to infinite different worlds(universes).
If there is a legendary summoner's reputation(?) in [Summoner] World(Universe), there are also other worlds(universes) that aren't...
Besides, there are infinite possibilities of worlds(universes) of the world we did and the world we didn't dressed in the mode for spring festival.
It is preferably certain that those are more than connect to every time of every worlds(universes)..."

Can anyone with Chinese knowledge check whether the references to the earth's core is accurate? While the planet isn't Earth and is even explicitly stated to have it's own physical laws, I still want to check whether a Tier 6 earthquake calc would be valid for this.

"That's because our world(universe) is connecting to infinite different worlds(universes).
If there is a legendary summoner's reputation(?) in [Summoner] World(Universe), there are also other worlds(universes) that aren't...
Besides, there are infinite possibilities of worlds(universes) of the world we did and the world we didn't dressed in the mode for spring festival.
It is preferably certain that those are more than connect to every time of every worlds(universes)..."
Thanks!

Could this be translated please?

Screen_Shot_2021-06-26_at_3.32.02_PM.png

振動を引き起こし操る能力! その衝撃は、大地を傾けるほどの力を有す。

The ability to cause and control vibrations! The shock is so powerful that it can tilt the earth (大地 vast terrain).

大気を震わせ海を割り、強烈な大波をも誘発する!「超人系最強」と譲われる所以だ!

It churns the atmosphere, splits the sea/ocean (海), and induces powerful waves! This is the reason why it is called "The Strongest Superhuman" (超人系最強)!

Yet another KH request...
Young Xehanort says in the English version "So we made a copy of the world, and then pulled those hearts apart."
Is the exact same said in the Japanese version? The main issue is the "we", as if that's the case then this feat may be unusable for indexing purposes, although the Jiminy's Journal section over it says that "he" did it, and this also appears to happen in the japanese version as well (According to a text from picture ripper and then Google Translate, "By dividing this world, he was separating his friends from Woody."), although I would like if that got checked as well to be sure.

Last edited:
Can someone please translate these scans here. There are quite a few there so do take your time. I have done some translations myself on a few of these scans, but it was mostly done by machine which is why accurate translations would be greatly appreciated since details matter greatly of a few of these scans.

Yet another KH request...
Young Xehanort says in the English version "So we made a copy of the world, and then pulled those hearts apart."
Is the exact same said in the Japanese version? The main issue is the "we", as if that's the case then this feat may be unusable for indexing purposes, although the Jiminy's Journal section over it says that "he" did it, and this also appears to happen in the japanese version as well (According to a text from picture ripper and then Google Translate, "By dividing this world, he was separating his friends from Woody."), although I would like if that got checked as well to be sure.
「だから模した世界を作り繋がりを分断させてもらった」

だから
= An adverb like "so" and "therefore"

模した = Can be used as an adjective or a verb (In this subject, it's adjective since the word is qualified to 世界), "copy" is correct by the way.

世界 = World(s) or Universe(s)

繋がり
= It will be considered as "connection" if being put in this subject.

分断させてもらった
= 分断する means "divide", but in my point of view I think "interrupt" fits the scenario that Xehanort said. An another qualified verb word = させてもらった(sasete moratta); させた(saseru) means "made him/her/it {insert verb here} or {do}" and もらった is supposed to mean "get", but due to it combined to become "させてもらった". The role of it turned into honorifics which shows that Xehanort is polite even though it's not part of the subject. And "分断させてもらった" will now be translated simply into "divided (it)".

In my intention, this will be normally, basically translated into "So we created a copied world(s?) and divided(interrupted) its(copied world) connection"
------
The problem is that the Japanese version of Xehanort didn't explain to Sora and others of what are their goal specifically . Which also includes "繋がり= connection" in particular since in English Version; it personified "繋がり" differently into "hearts".... It just sounds weird and I don't know why.
~~~~~~~~~~
About the Jiminy's Journal, you're correct that "he", "Xehanort" did it.

Not gonna lie, but Google Translate is definitely a meme generator when translating Nihongo into Wronglish

In conclusion, it's true that he separated Woody's and his friends by divided this world known as Galaxy Toys.

Uh... oh no, Galaxy Toys is the name of the place they're at, a toy store, and we see them going from Andy's house to that place to look for clues.
"World" in this context appears to relate to the whole respective cosmological setting they're on (being a crossover series, each "setting" is within one), which is pretty common in the series in terms of usage of the word.
And "hearts" are basically a sort of soul in simplified terms (but not really), in this context relating to their bond of friendship.

Also, this part sounds a bit weird:
"The role of it turned into honorifics which shows that Xehanort is polite even though it's not part of the subject"
Does this means that there was simply some kind of "we" in the sentence in terms of the understanding of English speakers when translated? If not, what was the part that translated into "we"? Or is it just skipped and based on context?

By the way, Young Xehanort explains it here as well (japanese version here), so I wonder if there's anything noteworthy in the japanese version, or if the extra context helps with the above stuff.
There's also this (japanese version here), if that changes anything as well.

Also, while we are on that, considering that it has been controversial at times on whether a "world" is an universe or not, I wonder if the definition given in-game over the term is also consistently "planets" in the japanese version.

Last edited:
Uh... oh no, Galaxy Toys is the name of the place they're at, a toy store, and we see them going from Andy's house to that place to look for clues.
"World" in this context appears to relate to the whole respective cosmological setting they're on (being a crossover series, each "setting" is within one), which is pretty common in the series in terms of usage of the word.
And "hearts" are basically a sort of soul in simplified terms (but not really), in this context relating to their bond of friendship.

Also, this part sounds a bit weird:
"The role of it turned into honorifics which shows that Xehanort is polite even though it's not part of the subject"
Does this means that there was simply some kind of "we" in the sentence in terms of the understanding of English speakers when translated? If not, what was the part that translated into "we"? Or is it just skipped and based on context?

By the way, Young Xehanort explains it here as well (japanese version here), so I wonder if there's anything noteworthy in the japanese version

Also, while we are on that, considering that it has been controversial at times on whether a "world" is an universe or not, I wonder if the definition given in-game over the term is also consistently "planets" in the japanese version.
- I deeply apologized that I have mistaken Galaxy Toy as a world.

- After finishing Sora's line of "what are your goals", he said "我ら" in the first sentence before the one that I translated. It skipped, but the sentence that you mentioned had "we" and it just didn't specifically shown in Japanese since "我ら.

- Japanese version is more worthy since it's the original language of this awesome KH series and first released in Japan.
Right now, I wanna say wtf because why did they translate "不安と疑心 = Anxiety and Fear" into "Cloth and Plastic". And English version really missed some words that Japanese version have like "繋がり = Connection".

- Oof, I didn't know that.

I know, there was a controversial finding over how the English version says "Oh no, not literally of course, you're conceptually in pieces" or so, while the japanese version didn't even mention the word "concept" or similar options from what I recall.

Anyways, if anything noteworthy is found from the scans given, (I've noticed that no translation was brought up over most of the "new" stuff, nor a confirmation on if it changed anything beyond it being clear that the english translators leave a lot to wish for), please let me know.

Last edited:
Can someone translate this for me please?

■斬りたくないものも斬れる漢に…『一刀流 〝大辰撼〟』

敵を真っ二つ! まさに度肝を抜かれる大技が出たのは、魚人島を経て辿りついた島「パンクハザード」にて。ドンキホーテ・ファミリーの幹部モネを、たった一振り、それも覇気を使わずに分断しただけでなく、震えて動けなくなるほどの「恐怖」を与えて、相手を再起不能にしてしまいます。モネは普通の攻撃ではダメージを受けないため死ぬことはないものの、極度の恐怖で体をもとに戻すこともままならないほど。

過去に「女は斬らない」と発言していたゾロですが、こんな戦い方もできるようになったのは、やはり成長ゆえだと言えるのでしょう(『ONE PIECE』69巻687話)。

Can someone translate this please?
エッグマンに造られた発極のロポット。

ソニックと筒し程度の能ガを持ち、さらには頭簡的にソニック以上のスピードを出すことが奇能。

エッグマンの意患に同調し、ソニックを厳視している
Thanks in advance

Can someone translate this please?

Thanks in advance
The pole pot made by Eggman.

It has the ability of a cylinder with Sonic, and it is a strange ability to speed up more than Sonic in a simple way.

Synchronized with Eggman's illness and scrutinizing Sonic. Machine translation but I'm sure its 100%wrong.

Can I get some information about the translation of a sentence in Japanese, please?

Sentence is here.

What is the correct English meaning of this sentence? Normally, there is no plural in Japanese, but when I use google translate, it translates the sentence as plural. Is it more correct to translate it this way? is there a rule, letter or meaning that causes it to be given as plural? Can you explain in detail please?
It is more correct yes. There's no plural per-se but that's in the same way there's no singular.

The word itself doesn't have any distinction between its plural and singular form, so all is defined by context.

Here it put Creators as plural because it is the surname of more than one person (it's also how the official translation decided to put it as, which is coherent with later mention of Creator as something plural rather than singular).

@QuasiYuri Thank you.
I personally do not find it correct to consider the creator as a singular entity and to be one with the creator. The creative definition that the series gave us has always been to mean a witch level that can be reached, and he always used the term "creators" in the plural for those who have reached that level. That is, there is no singular creator and there is no mention of joining the creator anywhere in the series or there is no meaning close to it. The state of being one with the creator is another head canon, the result of the wrong idea that the creator is considered singular.

I thought that a crt you made like this once was rejected.👀 however, it seems better not to make a major overhaul that will play with the tiers of the series, especially when we consider the ongoing wtc seriess.
The CRT was poorly made and lack all the evidences of Creator being plural, so there's this.
Only reason I could think of this headcanon being born is Lambda's memoirs having a worse translation than the main eps, with it litteraly removing a sentence for example.

Hello!

Is it possible if I can get this translated? Bud of mine requested someone to do so.

image0.png

image0.png

image1.png

Here's the localization for further context.

Anyone in here want to Translate this scene?

…………え? あ? う、嘘……私は、今……」

「ああ、HPが0になったな。自分でも分かるだろう」

HPがゼロになろうとマイナスになろうと、HPという概念ごと消し飛ばされようと、それでもアロヴィナスは死なない。

戦いは続行しようと思えばいくらでも続けられるし、立ち上がろうと思えばいくらでも立てる。

だが負けた――そう、紛れもなくアロヴィナスは今、負けたのだ。(188)

Back